Tulare County still has more Raiders fans than 49ers fans

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Tulare County still has more Raiders fans than 49ers fans

Postby blazin1 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:27 pm

It turns out my suspicions were correct – Tulare County’s San Francisco 49ers fans are coming out of nowhere to jump on the Super Bowl bandwagon.

According to a study released by Facebook Data Science, there are more Oakland Raiders fans in Tulare County than any other team.

Yes, even though you’re seeing a lot of red and gold around town, that is only a fad that will likely go away once the 49ers stop winning games.

Want proof?

The study released by Facebook Data Science, said there are about 35 million account holders in the United States who have liked at least one of 32 NFL teams.

And that same research states that teams who are winning in the playoffs, have gained more fans than the other teams.

True story.

And even though the 49ers are in the Super Bowl, Tulare County is still Raider territory.

Drive west to Kings County and you’re still in Raider territory. Drive east to Inyo County, and you’re in, you guessed it, Raider territory.

Drive South to Kern County and you’ll be in Dallas Cowboys territory. That’s right, there are more Dallas Cowboys fans in the Bakersfield area than any other football team. I wonder if that would change with a team moving to Los Angeles.

But no need to fear 49er fans. If you want to feel welcomed, you can start driving north because 49er fans are everywhere in Northern California. In fact, I encourage you to drive north.

The 49er territories start in Fresno County, which according to Facebook Data Science, has more 49er fans than any other team. In fact, only four counties that are located north of Tulare County are not inahbited by a majority of 49er fans.

Siskiyou, Lassen, Mono and Sierra counties are all pro-Raiders, and it appears as if Alpine County is pro-New York Giants or pro-Chicago Bears (the shades of blue on the map are so similar it is difficult to distinguish the two).

The Raiders were once in Los Angeles so it comes as no surprise that Santa Barbara, Ventura, Los Angeles and San Bernadino counties are pro-Raiders.

The San Diego Chargers own Imperial County, San Diego County, Riverside County and Orange County.

So what does all this mean?

People in Tulare County don’t like the San Francisco 49ers. The majority like the Oakland Raiders.

Other interesting notes:

It appears as if the Dallas Cowboys have more fans spread out throughout the country than any other team. Yes, they can call themselves America’s Team, I guess.

Washington is completely covered in Seattle Seahawks blue.

There are a lot of Oakland Raiders fans in Oregon.

Alaska has a lot of Green Bay Packers and Pittsburgh Steelers fans.

Hawaii is Pittsburgh Steelers territory.

New England is extremely loyal to the Patriots.

And the Baltimore Ravens have a very small fan base that pretty much only exists in Maryland.

*Just wanted to avoid any confusion. Damian Marquez is not, I repeat, is not an Oakland Raiders fan.

LINK: http://blogs.visaliatimesdelta.com/dmarquez/2013/01/30/tulare-county-still-has-more-oakland-raiders-fans-than-san-francisco-49ers-fans/

You don't adjust, you just dominate.

blazin1
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 90

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum