After the bye

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

After the bye

Postby DeadRinger » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:25 pm

First of all, let's hear from everyone who thinks we have a legit shot to go into Narrowhead and beat the undefeated Chiefs.

OK, so we go into the bye 2-4.

After the bye our first 4 opponents have a combined record of 7-17. The question is: Do you believe these teams are as bad as their records?

The Steelers just might be. We should be able to put enough pressure on Ben to win that one. 3-4.

The Eagles aren't as bad as their record. Two of their losses were against undefeated teams. They will beat us. 3-5.

The Giants are losing to everyone. We should have Veldheer, Wis and DMC back by this point. We win this one and go 4-5.

The Texans have too many weapons on both sides of the ball, and their OL should be able to protect Schaub. They lost to SF and SEA, 2 of the best teams out there. They take us out, we go 4-6.

After that I believe it's entirely possible we lose out. But knowing Pryor's x-factor, I'll say we go 5-11. We may beat DAL or NYJ, but I don't think we'll beat them both. But that's 3 more bgames than I thought we'd win before Pryor showed up.

So what are YOUR predictions?

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Re: After the bye

Postby FreddieB25 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:41 pm

Hard to gauge the Raiders and hard to have any confidence they can win 2 3 or 4 games in a row. They lose to KC this Sunday and beat Pitt and Phi, NYG, KC at home and Tenn at home and lose to Hou, Dall, SD, Den and NYJets...so that makes them 7-9 for season.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby bigboy3333 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:55 pm

DeadRinger wrote:First of all, let's hear from everyone who thinks we have a legit shot to go into Narrowhead and beat the undefeated Chiefs.

OK, so we go into the bye 2-4.

After the bye our first 4 opponents have a combined record of 7-17. The question is: Do you believe these teams are as bad as their records?

The Steelers just might be. We should be able to put enough pressure on Ben to win that one. 3-4.

The Eagles aren't as bad as their record. Two of their losses were against undefeated teams. They will beat us. 3-5.

The Giants are losing to everyone. We should have Veldheer, Wis and DMC back by this point. We win this one and go 4-5.

The Texans have too many weapons on both sides of the ball, and their OL should be able to protect Schaub. They lost to SF and SEA, 2 of the best teams out there. They take us out, we go 4-6.
After that I believe it's entirely possible we lose out. But knowing Pryor's x-factor, I'll say we go 5-11. We may beat DAL or NYJ, but I don't think we'll beat them both. But that's 3 more bgames than I thought we'd win before Pryor showed up.

So what are YOUR predictions?

U wanted to know if the Raiders have a shot at beating the Qweefs Sun. Sure they do, Chiefs are not exactly world beaters, Raiders have won the last 6 games in KC(think)....I also think Rivers is a better QB then the kc qb.
So if our D's play like they did vs Chargers and Pryor has a good game, I say Raiders can win! ( BUT )is a big word. Now I do know we are out of the running for Bridgewater...just hope that Pryor is our future qb. 8-)

Sell the Fucking team Mark Davis!!

bigboy3333
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 2

Postby silver & black » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:37 pm

There is always a chance. A blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while. Any given Sunday and all that happy horse shit.

That said..... the Raiders usually find a way to shoot themselves in the foot after a win. They are due to lose at Arrowhead. And of course, the Chiefs are 5-0 and due to lose a game. I guess we'll see. ;)

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby DeadRinger » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:24 pm

silver & black wrote:There is always a chance. A blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while. Any given Sunday and all that happy horse shit.

That said..... the Raiders usually find a way to shoot themselves in the foot after a win. They are due to lose at Arrowhead. And of course, the Chiefs are 5-0 and due to lose a game. I guess we'll see. ;)

Yeah, I just hope we don't get ripped in half and then all this good sentiment goes down the drain. How many seasons have we had where we won a couple and then tanked like dead men?

Right now We're 2-3. Last season we started 3-4 and then ate total shit.

In 2007 we started 2-2, better than we did through our first 4 this season. Disaster.

2005, another 3-4 start, followed by disaster.

2004 we even started 2-1. Dog shit.

So I'm not jumping for joy over a win against SD at home. A team with its own demons.

The Chiefs are a more complete team, but most importantly they are well-coached.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby DeadRinger » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:36 pm

bigboy3333 wrote: Now I do know we are out of the running for Bridgewater...just hope that Pryor is our future qb. 8-)

I hear you man I still have my own reservations about Pryor. But the fact is he's looking a lot like Cam Newton out there.

Unfortunately I'm no longer sure that's a good thing.

And I'd rather have Bridgewater than Cam.

So I have a love/hate relationship with Pryor right now. I'm concerned he will flash in his first season as a starter like Cam did, then drop off.

Things will clarify themselves over time. But even then, how can we trust Reggie to see things clearly? Hell, Pryor could win 7 games for us and Reggie might still cut him.

WAY too much uncertainty still surrounding this team and the organization as a whole.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby DeadRinger » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:33 pm

We are what I thought we were.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby FreddieB25 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:27 pm

Listening to Papa and Flores on the radio regarding the O-line dropping like flies, I knew the offense wouldn't move and Pryor would make mistakes and that's what happened...Can't wait for Wiz Veldheer, Menelik and the rest of them to solidify that position on the field..The defense isn't bad at all. Today was winnable game if the Raiders had a decent competent O-line.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby DeadRinger » Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:35 pm

FreddieB25 wrote:Listening to Papa and Flores on the radio regarding the O-line dropping like flies, I knew the offense wouldn't move and Pryor would make mistakes and that's what happened...Can't wait for Wiz Veldheer, Menelik and the rest of them to solidify that position on the field..The defense isn't bad at all. Today was winnable game if the Raiders had a decent competent O-line.

So by your count we could easily be a 6-0 team right now, rushing headlong into our 4th Lombardi right? Is that about how you see things?

You say this shit every time and yet here we are at 2-4, just like I said we'd be before the game. At what point do you confront reality Freddie?

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby FreddieB25 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:11 pm

DeadRinger wrote:
FreddieB25 wrote:Listening to Papa and Flores on the radio regarding the O-line dropping like flies, I knew the offense wouldn't move and Pryor would make mistakes and that's what happened...Can't wait for Wiz Veldheer, Menelik and the rest of them to solidify that position on the field..The defense isn't bad at all. Today was winnable game if the Raiders had a decent competent O-line.

So by your count we could easily be a 6-0 team right now, rushing headlong into our 4th Lombardi right? Is that about how you see things?

You say this shit every time and yet here we are at 2-4, just like I said we'd be before the game. At what point do you confront reality Freddie?

I FACED FUCKIN REALITY JACKASS!!! I been saying since the beginning of fuckin training camp this O line sucks!! I never talked Lombardi's or 6-0 asshole!! You can't win in midget football or the NFL if you can't protect the QB or run the ball...this offense is as bad as 2006 minus Pryor's athleticism because Andrew Walter was a statue. Every fuckin game I see McFadden run between tackle for 1 yd tops or Pryor running for his life and it all starts up front.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Next

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum