Your next head coach of the LV Raiders..

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Your next head coach of the LV Raiders..

Postby piratepride » Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:32 pm

Is???????????
Who do you want to take the reins? My heart says to keep AP, but my brain is telling me to hire Harbaugh and give him free rein and let him bring in his own people. Here’s why.
1. I love that our players love him and seem to have all bonded closely once McDaniels was shot canned. However, if you really look at most of the team wins we kind of got lucky. The Chiefs have looked and played unlike themselves all year, and whith our improved defense what else could have happened in that game? We didn’t score another offensive point after that first series of plays. If we keep AP the feel good story will rub off on us fans as well as the players as the shity losses pile up kind of like the Jets. I don’t know if he has enough of an eye for talent to speak up on which QB this team needs to go after whether it be the draft or free agency. I love having this team seem like the old Raiders, especially after the stifling old Patriot way under Josh but I don’t think it’s sustainable long term.
2. With Harbaugh you don’t get substitute teacher vibes you get a tenured professional that has won every classroom he’s taught at! You get a guy who’s gone all the way, taught at the highest level and performed extremely well. Will he go after JJ Mcarthy though with the 13th overall pick and reach for a mediocre guy?

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 0

Re: Your next head coach of the LV Raiders..

Postby piratepride » Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:35 pm

Mark has a very tough choice ahead of him, but I wish I was a fly on the wall that heard the game plan of each coach moving forward.
If AP is the man he’d need to trade up and do what he needs to secure one of the top 3 quarterbacks. We need someone who’s going to buy a few more seconds and extend plays and make all of the throws. Hell need an awesome offensive coordinator too.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby silver & black » Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:11 am

I love what AP has brought to the team. I love seeing the energy and attitude that I remember from the Raiders of old. Having said that.... I think Harbaugh is the guy to take us to the next level. The players are understandably in AP's corner. As a fan, I am too, to a certain extent. I want continued success and a return to the top of the league... as we shoud be. I think it will take more than just AP's swagger and attitude to get that done.

AOC4 is NOT the guy to take us there either. I love the kid, but he is not going to be the kind of QB that can lead a team to the top of the heap. I wishe was, but............

My vote, as hard as it is to take AP out of it is Ed Dobbs for GM and Harbaugh for HC. 49ers Adam Peters is a great choice for GM also, but Harbaugh and Dobbs have history together. We'll see how this goes. I won't be upset if AP stays... I just think Harbaugh is the better choice to get this thing where it needs to be.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby piratepride » Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:24 pm

Thanks Silver, pretty much how I feel too. One thing I didn’t think about is coach AP’s ability to bring in would be free agents. Who wouldn’t want to move to Vegas and play in this locker room?
Another co worker of mine ( 49ers fan) reminded me today that Harbaugh was a player coach too in San Fran. Don’t think quite to AP’s level but still…

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby silver & black » Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:51 pm

AP is officially the Raiders Head Coach.

https://www.nfl.com/news/raiders-workin ... head-coach

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby DeadRinger » Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:16 pm

Here are the problems I have with AP as coach.

We’re now 100% dependent on having a genius OC. And the problem with having a genius OC is that the league tends to poach them as young HCs. So you can’t keep them around long. Which means you’re dealing with turnover in your offensive scheme regularly, and you’re constantly having to HOPE that you can find a new genius OC to replace the one you just lost. I don’t want us to have to ride that rollercoaster.

AP is hiring all these mentor-like people to help him become a HC. I don’t want my HC to need a bunch of people around him to make him better. I want a HC who makes all the people around HIM better. That’s the way it should work.

Finally, we MUST draft a rookie QB. And we need BRILLIANCE on the O side of the staff to bring that QB along, to develop him and make him as good as possible as fast as possible. AP doesn’t help with that in any way.

If you look at all 3 of these areas, Harbaugh ticks them ALL off. AP is a problem in all 3.

Now fucking Harbaugh is with the Chargers. We have 3 SB and championship coaches in the AFCW coaching against us. There’s a SHIT TON of BRILLIANCE arrayed against us, and so far we have NO brilliance on the offensive side of the ball. NONE. We are so fucking far behind the 8-ball, we are in DEEP SHIT.

And that’s the way I see it. So our players bought this fucking staff with their threats. They BETTER play like a team full of all-pros for THEIR head coach because that’s the only way we have a chance to compete. And this whole “run through a brick wall” for your coach BS is not sustainable. At some point all the emotion dies down and you have to rely on BRILLIANCE.

BRAINS are the heart and soul of the NFL these days. Andy Reid, Sean Payton, Jim Harbaugh, McVay… these are the fuckers who are going to win.

If we go out and get Kingsbury or the dude from the Rams, maybe we have a chance to compete for a couple seasons. Then we get to start over again.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby silver & black » Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:30 pm

So.... KK has done the Raiders like he did USC... shady fuck. Is everyone blaming the Raiders for this like every other Raiders forum? I did enough research on KK to have an opinion that the guy is a shady fuck. Personally, I'm happy he bolted. Now we have Getsy. I know he isn't the glamorous hire, but I think he will do just fine. He had to deal with Fields.... who is not a good QB.

What is your opinion of how this went down?

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum