We have a defense.

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

We have a defense.

Postby DeadRinger » Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:09 am

Maxx, Koonce, Jack Jones… Makin’ ‘em hurt. Even some of the DTs getting into the act. We’ve gone from garbage to ranked #16, #8 in points.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Re: We have a defense.

Postby piratepride » Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:22 pm

The last time I remember having a good defense was when Romanowski was scaring quarterbacks, and Adam Adams and big Ted Washington were rotating with John Parrella at NT. Our defense looks young and fresh and ready to improve. The secondary can really take off with even more improved play at DT. Highly unlikely, but can you imagine if we sign Chris Jones or a player of his caliber this off season? Now that our first rounder Tyree Wilson is getting his legs under him, and a full training camp next year…. An improvement at the DT position will be that much better heading into next year.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby silver & black » Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:15 pm

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby piratepride » Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:10 am

To come away with the second or third best DT in the league in day one is a slam dunk for this defense. Tyree Wilson took half a season to come into his own, but once he figured it out he was able to play a lot faster and just trust his instincts. This signing is gonna help Max face a lot more one on ones and don’t get me started on Koonce!
I wonder what we do at number #13 overall now?
If we don’t trade up I say we continue this defensive trend and either get CB Teton Arnold out of Alabama, or the Texas DT Byron Murphy and try to beat Kansas City the old fashioned way. Which is putting Mahomes on his ass the entire game!
I’m not sure how Max knee surgery went but hoping he’s ready to go by training camp. If we got the best DT at pick 13 this would instantly give us the best D line we’ve had in the just of the Raiders.
If we don’t go Defense, it’s almost gotta be an offensive tackle ( RT) right?

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby silver & black » Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:19 pm

Since we signed Gardner Minshew, I would think we are still going to draft a QB. I don't mind the signing, but he is no way the QB we need to move to the next level. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum