The draft is upon us

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

The draft is upon us

Postby piratepride » Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:45 pm

Well gentleman, the draft is finally here! So many options on the table. Trade up or trade down? Sit tight and go best CB available?

My first choice is trading up with Arizona should CJ Stroud fall past the Texans, but he probably won’t.
If we sit tight, we more than likely will have our pick of either
CB Weatherspoon
CB Christian Gonzalez
QB Will Levis
Or DT Jalen Carter
Jalen Carter scares the hell out of me. So many red flags with this kid, what to do. Select him and immediately plan for his pickups for the next three months ( his DL is soon to be suspended). Then get him some team sponsors to get him some counseling to help him mature?
The flip side is you get to see an immediate pass rush from the inside that we haven’t seen since Darrell Russell.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 0

Re: The draft is upon us

Postby piratepride » Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:50 pm

Who do you guys like?

If I had to pull the trigger today and give you my choice I’d roll with CN Weatherspoon. He’s short for a corner but has natural instincts and is an explosive type player. I’m tired of our corner’s playing scared and always looking like they’re playing catch up. This guy has a dog in him that reminds me of Marcus Peters when he was playing for KC. Or even Aqib Talib when he used to punk Amari Coopers chain. His closing speed is downright scary and he’s not afraid to make those Nate Hobbs type game altering big hits. The kind of plays that fire up a team and help ignite an entire stadium! We’ll need a player of his caliber while going against the rest of the division. I say defense and don’t look back.
Round one CB
2. LB
3. RT

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby DeadRinger » Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:17 am

I just have this feeling that Gonzales is the best CB in the draft. I know Witherspoon is getting the hype but I like Gonzales size speed athleticism, and I think his floor is highest.

All that said, if the DE Tyree Williams is there for us I take him and worry about CB later. Pass rusher is the 2nd most important position on the field, and this is supposed to be a deep draft at CB.

I’m most excited to see what happens with our 2nd. We have a really good chance to move around and get a total stud at either TE or LB or even DT. Or even draft Hendon Hooker there. We have ammo to move up to do it. I’d love to see us draft the MLB out of Iowa in the 2nd. That kid was born to be a Raider. We get Tyree in the 1st and Jack Camp ell in the 2nd and our D is instantly an order of magnitude better.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby DeadRinger » Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:20 am

If we draft Levis I’m just done with this shit. Dude’s going to be a total bust. He couldn’t do shit against a single decent defense last season. The fucking guy even lost to Vanderbilt. He throws way too many INTs. People want to say he was better in his previous season. Sure. He threw 10 INTs that season instead of 13.

He sucks. He’s going to be Brady Quinn at the pro level.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby DeadRinger » Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:26 am

Ziegler needs to knock this draft out of the park. I mean, making the Nation forget about Grudock and McKenzie level badassness. This draft needs to have a couple HOFers in it.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby silver & black » Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:30 pm

If Ziegler doesn't give the draft away for Stroud, almost every pick has to be defense. I'm still anticipating another monumental fuck up in this draft.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby piratepride » Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:46 pm

I’d be pumped as hell to come away with DE Tyree and the Iowa LB in the second round. I’ve watched some film on him and the dude is a stud. I’m not sure what his pass coverage is like, but I’ll take him regardless. There’s a huge difference when playing teams that have good LB play, and hopefully we get him.
I’m with you on the Will Levi’s thing too man, we don’t have time to develop him and I think McDaniels knows it.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby DeadRinger » Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:11 am

Well, one player is in the bag, but Campbell has gone to the wasteland where players go to disappear. So unfortunate.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby silver & black » Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:00 pm

I'm pretty happy the the pick. I'm actually surprised.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby DeadRinger » Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:51 am

And a starting TE in the 2nd. And a well drafted S from a a championship team to push our loafing former 2nd rounder.

Why we picked slot CB Bennett over outside champion CB Ringo is beyond me. We need to move Hobbs back inside, now it looks like that will never fucking happen. Not good. Ringo was great value at that spot, I can only assume they saw something bad in him they really didn’t like. At least Bennett has elite speed.

Byron Young better turn into a wrecking ball.

Tyree Wilson’s going to be a motherfucker. Learning from both Maxx AND Chandler? Oh shit. Dude’s motor doesn’t quit, and they’re going to teach him how to get more sacks.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Next

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum