Best fits for Carr and possible draft compensation

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Best fits for Carr and possible draft compensation

Postby piratepride » Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:22 pm

I feel like if there was any year to move on from Carr the upper management picked the year to get it done. Even though I was one of those die hard Carr supporters, it’s finally time to move on for better or worse and it’s a little refreshing both will get a clean slate come February. Question is now where will he be traded to and what could we possibly get in return. There’s over 12-15 teams that will need a stop gap quarterback to either fill in or take over a team, but only about 3 or 4 that Carr would ultimately choose to be a part of. So what would that team be willing to give up?
If I’m Carr, I want to prove Raiders wrong and go to a team that has a damn good Defense with talented players on offense.
My list is as follows.
Jets- Top defense, very close to making playoffs despite horrible play at the most important position QB.
The offer- second round pick or decent player in return (LB CJ Mosley) who may have one year left on his deal.

Bucs- top defense- top 5 WR group in the NFL, may be a swap of quarterbacks if Brady comes to Vegas, and he’d love the weather in Tampa.

Baltimore- No way Lamar Jackson re signs after missing this weekends playoff game, he’s looking to rehab his knee and count his chickens once a new team comes calling. Carr would immediately make them a better team and has the luxury of not always playing in overtime to win with that defense.
The offer- Baltimore’s 1st round maybe mid 20 something

Patriots- I was at that Patriot game in Vegas, both Belechick and McDaniels we’re talking a good 10 minutes during warm ups. They’ve called before asking about Carr just last season, wouldn’t surprise me one bit, but Patriots always low ball.
The offer- player swap, Carr for their number one CB Jones. This dude shut down Devante most of the game, guy can ball and is very young.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 0

Re: Best fits for Carr and possible draft compensation

Postby piratepride » Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:34 pm

Patriots part 2- The more I think about it the more it makes sense. McDaniels gives Carr to his old coach for a damn good corner, that Belechick will replace like nothing, and we find ourselves in the playoffs against each other with Brady leading the charge. The NFL love’s storylines like this, they’d all but guarantee we would play eachother twice next year. Carr gets his wish in wanting a good relationship with the GM and coach, and goes to a team with a top flight defense. To me this is the dark horse team nobody’s talking about.

Miami- Tuas concussions was his downfall unfortunately, dude balled out this season but three maybe 4 concussions this year will have the coaching staff on edge and looking for a quality starter as insurance. Carr can take that team deep into the playoffs, they are talented up and down the roster in both sides of the ball and we already seen what he can do with Henry Ruggs, can u imagine Tyreek Hill?
The offer- Miamis second and third round KD selection as they do not own a first this year.

Colts- They have the most to offer compensation wise, but not sure Carr wants to move his family to Indy, so I’ll rate this as a 60 percent chance.
The offer- Colts’ third rounder and LB Darius Leonard!

What say you?

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby blazin1 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:55 pm

I think the Bucs and Miami make most sense. Carr has a terrible record in the cold so the Jets should be out. If Carr goes to the Bucs and Brady signs with the Raiders look for a Bucs at Raiders Super Bowl next season in Las Vegas.

You don't adjust, you just dominate.

blazin1
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 90

Postby silver & black » Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:42 pm

I honestly don't care where he goes. He is a Raider...always. I loved him... I hated him. His time is over.... should have been over 3 years ago or more.

I'm looking forward to the future with another QB. I might be in the minority, but I don't want any part of a 46 year old Tom Brady. I'm hearing rumors of Aaron Rodgers.... bring him on!

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby blazin1 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:03 pm

silver & black wrote:I honestly don't care where he goes. He is a Raider...always. I loved him... I hated him. His time is over.... should have been over 3 years ago or more.

I'm looking forward to the future with another QB. I might be in the minority, but I don't want any part of a 46 year old Tom Brady. I'm hearing rumors of Aaron Rodgers.... bring him on!

I would take Aaron Rodgers over Brady for sure. Rodgers familiarity with Davante Adams would be great, but Brady already knows McDaniels and his system. On the bright side if the Raiders do sign Brady we can watch him cuss out McDaniels for calling dumbass plays.

You don't adjust, you just dominate.

blazin1
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 90

Postby silver & black » Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:46 pm

I hear ya. I just hate fuckin' Brady. I'd rather go with Stidham...lol.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby piratepride » Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:30 pm

While I think Rodgers has a better arm right now, Brady knows McDaniels system and will put perform Stiddy IMO. The guys already know the system and should hit the ground running if Brady chooses to come here. I’m curious to see how he looks like on Monday against a good Cowboy D line. I’m actually fine with Brady now, he owes us a Super Bowl ring!

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby piratepride » Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:56 am

Ok so Brady looked like shit. Do we upgrade defense or get Will Levi’s?

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby silver & black » Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:54 am

Upgrading the defense isn't even an option... it's a must. Carr made some bad decisions and he played soft... like usual, but the defense is why we lost so many games. Every pick in the draft should be defense. Upgrade the O line in FA. With even an average defense the Raiders would have been in the playoffs. Well.... that might not be true, since no one will ever convince me that McDummy didn't sabotage Carr and this season on purpose.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby DeadRinger » Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:46 am

Carr with his utter inability to move the ball in the 2nd half of games completely hung our D out to dry. I'm not saying our D was good. I'm saying it wasn't as bad as it looks on paper. It's just very hard to judge exactly how bad it was. I can tell you one thing, our secondary is complete dog shit. Moehrig and Hobbs - both those guys who were supposed to be our best guys this past season were out of place CONSTANTLY. We desperately need another Heyward-type signing or two this offseason.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum