Will Tom Brady be a Raider next season?

You don't adjust, you just dominate.

blazin1
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 90

Re: Brady to the Raiders

Postby piratepride » Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:46 am

So for the past few weeks I’ve been against Brady to the Raiders for a few reasons but mainly because he’s looked his age this year. I think I’ve changed my mind after looking at all the real options out right now. The best thing McDaniels could do is resign Stidham, and hope Brady takes a team friendly deal to help stock up on defensive talent and try to help restore what he stole in the tuck rule game. That’s a Super Bowl title! Minus Carr, I’ve come to the realization and finally ok with renting a mercenary to help win us a title.
Yes he’s old, but hopefully it’s a one year rental with Stidham given an opportunity the following year, and if all fails and we suck, we’ll be at the top of the list next year for Caleb Williams.
My original QB wish list had Lamar Jackson at the top of the list but after seeing him versus Denver this season I’ll pass. The guy couldn’t make the correct reads bs a tough secondary and get a first down to save his life! I’ll pass!
2. Brady- he’s what Carr never was, a natural born leader who is not afraid of telling his teammates what they are doing wrong, and knows McDaniels system better than Stiddy. He played with the 3rd string o line all year since week 1, and after Arians left they looked and played like shit. Not to mention he was going through hell in his personal life, and wasn’t with the team at all during training camp , or at least the start of it.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 0

Postby piratepride » Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:51 am

I along with many other media members think it just makes too much sense not to bring him in. We have a semi decent O line which can be upgraded, plenty of offensive weapons for him to enjoy also. But the biggest selling point is Vegas itself and the fact that we’ll be hosting the Super Bowl next year.
Biggest concern- Defense. I’m not sure we’ll be able to take the Carr savings and sign or draft our way into a top 10 unit in year one. Listening to McDaniels presser a few days ago, makes me think he finally realizes we need major improvements, and even claimed they won’t be patient bringing in help.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby piratepride » Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:51 am

Your thoughts on a mercenary type hire with Brady?

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby silver & black » Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:07 pm

I don't know how to feel about it. He will be 46 next season. Father Time never loses. If our O line was really, really good... sure. It isn't, and Brady will be 46...lol. Brady coming to the Raiders might be the only way to keep Tae, Jacobs and Waller.... I don't know. Put it this way.... I know how the Raiders' luck goes, and I can see Brady folding like a cheap knife with us...lol.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby piratepride » Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:59 pm

Leave it to the Raiders huh Silver lol… this had me rolling brotha. You may be right, with our luck Aaron Rodgers won’t even be able to help.
Say Stidham balls out against Kansas City, and we either win or it comes down to the wire like they all do and our Defense loses its 9th game in the final seconds. I could see a scenario where we re sign him to a very prove it deal, and with all the savings bring in marquee defensive talent like DT Daron Payne, and a few others. Allocate some of that Carr money to the defense.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby blazin1 » Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:05 pm

piratepride wrote:Your thoughts on a mercenary type hire with Brady?

I'm not a fan of Brady, but he knows the system. He's been close with Mark Davis, cussed about/at Carr, so it's probably happening. Super Bowl win in LV has to be on all their minds.

You don't adjust, you just dominate.

blazin1
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 90

Postby DeadRinger » Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:38 pm

I say no and here’s why.

I don’t think Brady is good rt now, and he won’t be any better next season.

He has ONE year left before he retires, and it won’t be a good one.

I think we can get a bridge guy who can give us what a broken down Brady can for a lot less, allowing us to build the trenches and upgrade our d-backfield and POSSIBLY re-sign Jacobs.

Then the plan MUST be one of 2 things:

1) trade up to draft Young this off-season or
2) tank 2023 to draft best QB available in 2024

This league is SO dependent on QB play, you give away the farm if necessary to get the best one, then worry about building around him later. That’s the way I see the modern NFL.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby silver & black » Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:57 pm

I agree with you. No Brady. If we trade up in this draft, it won't be for Young. It will be for Stroud... unfortunately. Stroud impressed me in the game against Georgia, but that's the first time I ever saw him play like that. His whole career has been as a pocket passer that is not very mobile and affraid to run. I still don't want him. If we trade up and give up the farm to get a QB in the draft, it has to be Young.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby piratepride » Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:34 pm

Texans pull off a miracle come from behind win and fall to the 2nd overall pick now lol. The highest bidder will have to trade with the bears to get the rights to Young. Say the Rams win and we finish with the #6 overall spot, how much is it to move all the way up? What would you pay?
I’d say a flip or picks plus Waller or a third next year. I haven’t watched a lot of Young but no those guys benefit from a talented team. I still say we go Defense no matter what and build our trenches up and go the Brady route.
1 year mercenary.
Here’s a few guys I wouldn’t mind.
1. Brian Bresse DT Clemson, reminds me of Justin Smith on the 49ers Super Bowl team vs Ravens. White boy is one big strong fella who sniffs out the ball like no other.
2. DT- Jalen Carter, only he will be gone by the time we’re on the clock.
3-RT /LT - Skoronksi- spitting image of the Chargers’ Rashawn Slater, same school too. We’ve been lucky Kolton Miller has been healthy, but we need an upgrade at RT and he has the best pass block grade in this draft and is athletic.
4- WR from TCU- Quentin Johnston, do yourself a favor and watch the college championship game tomorrow, he’ll be matched up against Kelee Ringo ( Georgia best CB) a guy I’ve had my eye on until his last showing. To me he’s Deveante Adams all over again, but will have to keep growing to end up like Devante now. Best WR in draft IMO.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Next

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum