What the fuck is this play calling?

You don't adjust, you just dominate.

blazin1
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 90

Re: Gruden needs a timeout!

Postby silver & black » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:02 pm

Not looking good. Chargers are for real.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC
Highscores: 0

Postby silver & black » Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:30 pm

Game over. Chargers are a good team.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby piratepride » Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:05 am

I seriously don't get why Gruden thought it was a good idea to keep running into a wall on second and longs. Thexwhole crowd called for going deep to Ruggs since the 1st qtr, not sure why he waited until after halftime. Too many bad things to list of what went wrong, and I'm still pissed.
I put this loss on our weak O line, which has been a problem since week 1. I'm not sure how the Chargers D were able to double pretty much everybody and force Carr into a pass with Bosa at his feet. Not good.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby DeadRinger » Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:39 am

I've been saying for 2 weeks now that Brandon Parker needs to be starting at RT.

Either let Leatherwood sit for a while or move him inside to RG.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby silver & black » Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:21 pm

piratepride wrote:I seriously don't get why Gruden thought it was a good idea to keep running into a wall on second and longs. Thexwhole crowd called for going deep to Ruggs since the 1st qtr, not sure why he waited until after halftime. Too many bad things to list of what went wrong, and I'm still pissed.
I put this loss on our weak O line, which has been a problem since week 1. I'm not sure how the Chargers D were able to double pretty much everybody and force Carr into a pass with Bosa at his feet. Not good.

Because that's Gruden... bull headed, stubborn and unwilling to deviate from the norm. It has always been his MO. He plays to not lose instead of playing to win. I never wanted him back, for this reason.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby piratepride » Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:09 am

The growing pains with Leatherwood remind me of Kolton Miller all over again. I see him pancake Bosa on a run play on 2nd down, and give up a sack on 3rd..... our center is getting pushed back and our gaurds look weak. We need Incognito back in the worst way but won't until after the Bears game.

Oh, and who knows what Trayvon's injury diagnosis will be. We need to go sign Stephon Gilmore now!

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby DeadRinger » Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:07 pm

Tell me Pirate, were guys open deep a lot?

Because we couldn't run the ball, so they were surely dropping safeties back to make deep throws difficult.

Even as I say that I remember we have fucking WALLER and fucking RENFROW and fucking RUGGS and if you want to pay attention to them then we can throw to EDWARDS and MOREAU and DRAKE!

How the fuck is ANY team going to cover this offense 5-wide with Waller|Renfrow|Ruggs|Edwards|Drake or Jones?? YOU CAN'T FUCKING GO 3 AND OUT WITH THOSE GUYS!! You have to work really hard to fail miserably with those weapons!

Punting 5 times is absolutely unacceptable. With our weapons and Carr to distribute the ball, we HAVE to have a playbook that can overcome ANYTHING.

OK, so the OL wasn't holding up. Screens. Quick slants. And if they're sitting on those, stretch them with longer routes and you actually WILL be able to run it! Because guess what: there are ways to run the ball OTHER than straight up the center's asshole! We have guys who can get to the edge. And WTF ever happened to our zone blocking scheme? Get the whole fuckin line moving in one direction, find a crease, plant a foot, burst through it. If you're trying to tell me NONE of that shit works with ALL the passing threats we have, I'm going to tell you: YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG, FUCKHEAD!

HERE is a good question for you:

What do you think Sean Payton would do with an offense like this? Or Sean McVay? What could THOSE fuckers do with this fucking Lamborghini?

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum