Raiders sign KJ Wright!!!

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Raiders sign KJ Wright!!!

Postby piratepride » Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:51 pm

Usually we get burned with signing 30+ year old vets, but this guy was rated the 7th best LB last year, injury free and landed at #67 in this year's 2021 top 100 list.
Knows Gus' system, and hopefully will mesh immediately with the guys.
I wonder if he starts right away?
Do we go Littleton at weakside and KJ at Strong? Kwiatkowski and Denzel Perryman are quality depth guys for sure now. Feel Bad for Morrow, but hoping he's back around week 6.
I'm excited to see what this defense does next Monday night, we have the talent at each level finally, time to put it all together.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 0

Re: Raiders sign KJ Wright!!!

Postby DeadRinger » Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:26 pm

The real question is whether or not we start Gerald McCoy. After seeing how explosive he was against SF, we HAVE to play him as much as possible. Problem’s going to be figuring out how much he can take. Last thing we need is to wear him down so he has nothing left in the last 3-4 games.

LB is now a strength, and there’s plenty of good depth.

Our DL is now a strength with good depth.

With Max/Philon/McCoy/Ngakoue in there, our pass rush should be a strength.

With Nassib/Hankins/Jefferson/Ferrell, we should be able to stop just about anyone from running.

And with Bradley calling those shots, we’re in good hands in terms of defensive play calling.

So the questions on D are all around the DBs. Can Abram turn into a legit starter, much less be a major asset? Will Moehrig be DROY material or will he take a year to get his feet under him? Is Hobbs for real? Can they stay healthy?

This is going to be a very interesting year, folks.

There’s no question that Gruden and Mayock have gone all out and made the moves THEY BELIEVE needed to be made to make the postseason.

Can Carr become prolific? By that I mean, pass for 34-40 TDs instead of 26 or 27? A lot will depend on Ruggs and Edwards, since we got rid of John Brown.

We MUST have a prolific QB if we want to reach the postseason and win at least 1 game. in my opinion we’re going to need at least 11 wins, probably more like 13.

And, of course, any key injuries for more than 2 games - primarily Carr but also Moehrig, McCoy, Ngakoue, Kolton Miller or Waller - and we’re fucked.

Gruden MUST figure out how to string wins together. And I’m not talking about back to back wins. I’m talking about 4-5 wins in a row. There’s got to be at least 1 run like that this season.

And we BETTER find a killer instinct somewhere. Nursing leads is for losers. Last season we scored precisely ONE touchdown when we had a lead. ONE TD with a lead. That means we weren’t TRYING to score TDs when we had a lead. That has GOT to change, BIGLY.

We can’t just have a handful of players who know how to win. We ha e to know how to win as an organization.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby DeadRinger » Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:28 pm

And by the way, McCoy was dominating SF’s STARTERS, not just their backups.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby silver & black » Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:27 pm

And we BETTER find a killer instinct somewhere. Nursing leads is for losers

This has always been my biggest bitch about Gruden.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum