My God, the stat that KILLS

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

My God, the stat that KILLS

Postby DeadRinger » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:41 am

How many times last season did we all bitch about "turtling up" on offense when we had a lead? Well, hold onto your panties.

Last season Derek Carr threw exactly 101 passes when we had a lead. And with those 101 passes, he threw exactly ONE TD. ONE. TD.

Last season, the Raiders football team threw ONE touchdown pass with the lead.

Well, what does that stat mean? What can you compare it to? How bad is that really?

So last season, Carr had an overall TD rate of 5.2%. (Mahomes was 6.5% and Brady was 6.6%, for some context)

That means that his TD rate while we had a lead was 80% BELOW his TD rate when we didn't have a lead. 80% below his average.

If he just met his average TD rate with those 101 passes with a lead, he would have thrown for 5 or 6 TDs, depending on how you want to look at it. And his TD total last season would have been 31 or 32 instead of 27, and his overall TD rate would have been 6%. How many more games could we have won?

Carr threw 26 TDs while we were behind or tied.

He threw ONE while we were in the lead.

I'll just let that sink in.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Re: My God, the stat that KILLS

Postby silver & black » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:24 am

How many of the 101 passes were dropped? How many of those passes were unsuccessful because of the play calling? I'm not a big Carr fan, but I'm sure it wasn't all him.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC
Highscores: 0

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum