@ home vs BUF

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

@ home vs BUF

Postby DeadRinger » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:26 pm

I’ll re-post here what I posted in the NE thread.

BUF is undefeated. They’ve taken out DAL, PHI and LAR.

The NFL game has really clicked for Josh Allen this season, he’s playing the way Carr should be playing. Dude’s completing 70%, already over 1000 yds passing (headed for a 5000-yd season) with 10 TDs (add 2 more rushing) and only 1 pick.

Allen is elite. Carr is average. Allen can pick the team up on his shoulders and drag it to a win. Carr can’t. Allen can spread the ball around to 6 different guys, it doesn’t matter if you take one of them away from him. Take Waller away from Carr and he can’t do shit. Allen makes plays with his legs, Carr curls up into the fetal position and takes a safety. Allen takes shots downfield, Carr does not.

In other words, Allen is everything we ever wanted Carr to be. He’s everything Al expected Jamarcus Russell to be when he drafted him. Carr is just... not the guy. Carr needs everything around him to be perfect in order to succeed.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Re: @ home vs BUF

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:31 am

It really sucks that there's not much of an "advantage" to home field this season. Then again, maybe it's best for us that we don't have to endure the fans at Arrowhead.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:51 am

Keep a close eye on the injury report. It will dictate whether or not we'll be able to be competitive with BUF. If we can't get Ruggs and Trent back, and preferably Kwiatkoski, we're pretty screwed.

And Jacobs and Waller need to take it easy and get to 100%.

I think Abram's collarbone is going to be just painful as hell for a while, which will keep him from really thumping guys and we might see him getting trucked some more like he did yesterday. It was pretty disheartening to see Newton just power right through him and pick up an extra 5 yds. But I didn't know he had a problem with the collarbone, which of course is going to affect his tackling big-time. So now he gets to learn how to be a ball hawk instead of an enforcer so when the collarbone heals he can do both, and he can live up to those Polamalu comparisons.

I keep waiting for someone to notice that Erik Harris is a problem for us out there. The dude isn't a playmaker, he's a warm body. Any play he makes is due to a busted play by the offense, not a good play by him. We NEED Joyner at FS. When the FUCK will we make that move? Because Joyner's not a playmaker at CB either, he's a guy who needs to see shit unfold in front of him and attack. And he's damn good at it. Pisses me off. Of course, if Arnette misses any time with that injured thumb, we can forget about that move.

In other words, it's been 3 games now. How can we keep doing the same shit every week and expecting different results? SOMETHING has to change. Whether that's a new OC, a couple players in new positions, giving some young guys a shot - WHATEVER the case may be, it's GOT to happen on D.

On offense, "we just need to stay the course and our guys will grow into it" is a legitimate stand to take. On defense, something MUST change.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby DeadRinger » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:21 pm

They're already saying Edwards is out against BUF with his ankle sprain and Ruggs is highly unlikely to play with his hamstring. It's going to be the Renfrow/Agholor.Zay Jones show.

And Arnette's going on IR.

We're going to lose to Buffalo at home.

All they have to do is stack the box against Jacobs and take away Waller, and they definitely have the horses to do that and more.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby silver & black » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:23 pm

This is typical Raiders football. Ownership, coaching, players don't matter. There is a curse on this team...... worse than any Browns curse. I will never see another great season. I'm 61... a fan of 52 years. I've just come to terms with it. It is what it is............................................

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby DeadRinger » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:07 am

Jesus, the injury report is as long as my arm.

DNP: Arnette, Ruggs, Brown, Edwards, Gafford, Ross

LP: Kwiat, Abram, Littleton, Young

Good news: full practices for Waller and Jacobs.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby DeadRinger » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:08 am

So my prediction is that we're going to lose this game, and I say that for reasons I've already mentioned - primarily the stellar play of Josh Allen - as well as these little tidbits:

BUF is scoring a ton of points, and so far they have scored MORE points every single week: 27 pts vs Jets... 31 pts vs Phins... and finally 34 pts vs Rams.

BUF's d-backfield is almost as good as NE's. And we know how that turned out for us. You may look at what they've done and say "But teams have been able to score points against them." Yes and no.

Against the Jets, NYJ scored a TD in garbage time when BUF had the game won already, up 27-10 late in the 4th.

The MIA game wasn't as close as the final score leads you to believe. BUF scored a TD in garbage time, BUF had the game in hand up by 11 late in the 4th.

So they beat 2 losing teams quite easily. Between the 2 of them, the Jets and Phins are a combined 1-5.

The Rams game was the interesting one. BUF was down by 4 pts late in the 3rd and Allen had to drive them down to score a TD to end the game with a W. So against the 2-1 Rams team they sort of struggled. At one point they had a 25-point lead, and they blew the entire thing, allowing the Rams to reel off 27 unanswered points before finally sticking in the dagger at the end. So I say they "sort of" struggled because while they did blow a big lead, they also built that big lead by scoring 4 TDs by the early 3rd qtr.

This is not a team to be trifled with. We have injuries to KEY players. We HAVE to have Ruggs, Edwards, Brown, Abram, Littleton, Waller and Jacobs out there playing at the highest level if we want to pull this thing out. And Carr has to be comfortable throwing to someone other than Waller all day long, because he's going to have to look hard for an open guy against this secondary.

I'll say this ends with BUF winning 32-24.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby piratepride » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:08 pm

Buffalo reminds me of a complete team kind of like the Vikings game last season. Im not sure how Buffalo's defense is, but I do remember them drafting every defender I hoped would fall to us.
That defense is really solid, and if by some chance we w8n, it'll be up to Carr and our supporting cast. This is why we bring 8n Agholor, time for Renfrow and Moreau to show up big!

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby DeadRinger » Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:54 pm

5 starters either out of doubtful against BUF.

I’m counting Incognito and Arnette in this, both of whom are on IR.

Edwards out. Brown doubtful. Ruggs doubtful.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby DeadRinger » Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:55 pm

Kwiatkoski listed as questionable but had full practice Friday, so he’s got to play.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Next

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum