v Pats

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Re: v Pats

Postby piratepride » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:27 pm

On to next game. Which may be worse than today.
We need Trent Back, as well as all the others. Incognito probably won't see the field until the KC game I'm afraid.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 0

Postby silver & black » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:43 pm

So...... what happened? I thought the game was on at 4:25 eastern time? I was done playing golf in plenty of time to watch, only to find out it was over???

For the record.... I hate the Pats. I really thought we would win this game. I'm not so optimistic for the rest of the season after losing to these pieces of fucking shit.

Did the fuckers kneel???

Last edited by silver & black on Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby DeadRinger » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:46 pm

BUF is undefeated.

They’ve taken out DAL, PHI and LAR.

The NFL game has really clicked for Josh Allen this season, he’s playing the way Carr should be playing. Dude’s completing 70%, already over 1000 yds passing (headed for a 5000-yd season) with 10 TDs (add 2 more rushing) and only 1 pick.

Allen is elite. Carr is average. Allen can pick the team up on his shoulders and drag it to a win. Carr can’t. Allen can spread the ball around to 6 different guys, it doesn’t matter if you take one of them away from him. Take Waller away from Carr and he can’t do shit. Allen makes plays with his legs, Carr curls up into the fetal position and takes a safety. Allen takes shots downfield, Carr does not.

In other words, Allen is everything we ever wanted Carr to be. He’s everything Al expected Jamarcus Russell to be when he drafted him. Carr is just... not the guy. Carr needs everything around him to be perfect in order to succeed.

Last edited by DeadRinger on Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby DeadRinger » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:57 pm

silver & black wrote:So...... what happened? I thought the game was on at 4:25 eastern time? I was done playing golf in plenty of time to watch, only to find out it was over???

For the record.... I hate the Pats. I really thought we would win this game. I'm not so optimistic for the rest of the season after losing to these pieces of fucking shit.

Did the fuckers kneel???

I tried to manage your expectations, brother. Too many injuries.

And then we lost 2 fumbles and missed a FG, giving NE great field position with every mistake. And our D got completely gassed and couldn’t stop the run at all in the 2nd half - they were gashing the fuck out of us on the ground and controlling the clock.

Belichik took Waller away all game like I said he would, and Carr looked completely lost without him. If we’d had Ruggs and our starting OL, we might have been able to take advantage of all the double teams on Waller, but we didn’t. So we got further and further behind which took us away from the run game, and Carr couldn’t get it done w the pass w Ruggs out against that great NE d-backfield. Simple as that.

That’s what happened to us.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby silver & black » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:47 pm

So................ what are your thoughts on Carr DR? Is he our QB or not?

I'll look past all the injuries. Is this team legit?

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:04 am

silver & black wrote:So................ what are your thoughts on Carr DR? Is he our QB or not?

I'll look past all the injuries. Is this team legit?

Regarding Carr, it's hard to crucify him over one lame game going against the best d-backfield in the league. But I will say that he needs to get more receivers involved, he can't just lock in on one guy all season and expect that to work. So he's going to have to grow into this WHOLE offense with a serious quickness because NE just showed the rest of the NFL the blue print for beating us.

If we can get our guys back from injury I think the team's legit - if Carr can spread the ball around effectively. I mean, they ran all over us but Kwiatkoski would have made that more difficult for them. They double-teamed Waller all day long but Ruggs would have made that more difficult for them. They contained our run game but Incognito and Brown would have made that a LOT harder for them.

Our starters have to get healthy, and Carr has to bring what he's doing on the practice field onto the game field.

Alos, btw, we turned the ball over 3 times. We don't usually do that, so we have to assume that's a fluke. First one really hurt, we were at NE's 13 when Jacobs fumbled. And WE actually recovered the fucking thing, plain as day on replay, but hey gave it to the Pats anyway. We intercepted Newton on the next series, but that kind of loss of momentum is a killer. Then Carr coughs it up on a sack on 1st and 10 and gives them great field position. You just can't DO that kind of shit against a Belichik coached team.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:57 am

DeadRinger wrote:Cam Newton is the end-all, be-all offense for the Pats. We have to throw the kitchen sink at him and let the chips fall where they may.

Just as I pat myself on the back when I'm right, I'll admit I was completely wrong on this one. We hobbled Newton pretty much all game, both on the ground and in the air, and the Pats got it done without him.

They got the job done with Sony Michel (an underrated back), Rex Burkhead and defense.

I hate Belichik.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Previous

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum