Final mock draft!

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Final mock draft!

Postby piratepride » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:49 am

I can't wait until Thursday, might as well see how close I can get to the actual selections.

I've read teams are hesitant to make any trades during draft day as most are working from home and unfamiliar with the setup.
So I'll keep mine short and sweet, but we may see some trades today or tomorrow.
Teams that may make the move.
Det- I think they like Derrick Brown / Okudah in that order, if LA/Mia have a decent proposal why wouldn't they drop 2 slots?

Giants- I feel like they'll take the best O-lineman available if they stay pat, but with rumors swirling of Denver trying to trade up for Juedy would they take the bait for additional picks and still be able to nab the last O lineman of the bunch?

Jacksonville- Oh how the mighty have fallen, all of their players want out and the owner seems hell bent on moving to London. Would they trade for more picks or draft the best defender available?

MOCK DRAFT
1.Bengals- Joe Burrow QB, everyone knows it.

2.Redskins- Chase Young DE- best player left, unless the phone calls they've been receiving go anywhere he'll be the choice.

3.Lions- Derrick Brown DT- they could go Okudah here but they have the worst d-line in the league in a tough division. Can't forget this team went WR 3 years in a row also, do they go all in in Staffords' final years? They're pretty set at the position but they could start the run on WR's and surprise the hell out of people.

4.Giants- Tristan Wirfs OL- former state wrestling champ with great balance and power to be the next Quentin Nelson, lots of mocks have Isiah Simmons here but I think Deadringer is right ( too thin).

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 0

Re: Final mock draft!

Postby piratepride » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:04 am

5.Miami- Justin Herbert QB- The owner or GM has said some racist stuff in the past I just can't recall what and by whom. I can't see them going Tua here, not because the hip injury, but because they like whites only lol.

6.Chargers- Tua QB- Tyrod Taylor is a joke, Tua starts immediately if the medicals clear. Get used to hating this dude for the next decade. i hear he's deadly accurate in the Brees mold. If they get a wild hair up their ass and sign Cam Newton, this will be a defensive pick to add to the talented bunch. The bolts were the only defense in the afc west that kept thing interesting against KC. Can you imagine if they had their picks of Okudah / Simmons? Nah, Tua it is.

7.Panthers- Okudah- They need defense after Keuchly's retirement announcement. They signed Robby Anderson also so probably won't go offense this high.

8.Cardinals- Jedrick Wills- They need to protect Kyler Murray better and give that explosive offense a chance against playoff caliber defenses. Lamb is tempting here, but the 2nd year head coach already has D-Hop in the fold.

9.Jacksonville-Jerry Juedy- plenty of mocks all say they go o line here and they should as Minshew got absolutely creamed. With the way things have been going, the owner may decide to get flashy and go WR here. I hope not,but my gut says they go offense. If they trade Fornette they may look to next year and hope they have a shot at Lawrence, and just get the 2nd best o lineman, we'll see.

10.Browns- Mekhi Becton- He tested positive for weed, so he may slip, but his talent is off the charts according to the football world. Baker was sacked wayyyy too much last year, he needs to be upright this year to make shit happen. O line it is.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby piratepride » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:35 am

11.Jets- Cedee Lamb WR, they may draft Simmons here but I think he'll slip past the top 10 due to his smaller frame. Jets lost Robby, and may go OT, but going with my gut.

12.Raiders-Ruggs III WR,I have a bad feeling were going to be disappointed when the clock starts rolling here....we miss out on the top two WR's! I hope he lives up to the hype, you can't teach world class speed, I just think Gruden won't find enough ways to utilize his talent like Andy Reid can and Carr often throws deep ducks that give defenders time to catch up.

Positive spin- I heard a rumor yesterday that KC will try and move up to #13 and get Ruggs before Denver. Hell to the NO!

13. SF- Andrew Thomas OL- adding a top tier O lineman to give even more time to that offense would only benefit Garoppolo.
I wanted to go Kinlaw here, but think he'll slide a little more based on other teams' needs.

14.Bucs-CJ Henderson CB- They need o line also but not many to choose from at this point, they go defense here to help put more opportunities in Brady's hands.

15.Denver- Javon Kinlaw- They counter the Ruggs move and also hope to blow up Mahomes up the gut with a returning Chubb and Von Miller at DE, and now Kinlaw in the Chris Jones mold. If Ruggs is on the board for real he'll be the pick hands down however.

16.Falcons- Klavon Chaisson DE- this team has had injuries for the past 7 years, they have talent just need to remain on the field. Chaisson is another risky investment but if he pans out he can be scary screaming off the edge.

17.Cowboys- Xavier McKinney SS- they lost a shit ton of defenders and have flirted with trading for Earl Thomas/ Minkah Fitzpatrik the last few seasons. They've flirted with signing Eric berry and just about any other high risk/ reward type guy, they finally get their man.

18-Miami, Deandre Swift RB, I think they may go BPA in Kenneth Murray, but they have way too many holes to fill on offense. They go need here knowing Swift won't make it out of round 1 and especially not past KC at 31.

19- Raiders- Jaylon Joghnson CB- I've been reading up on corners and this has Mike Mayock all over it. Ideally, I'd like to trade down some and still get him or my first choice at corner in A.J Terrell from Clemson, but Johnson is probably the smartest corner out there. Some of these players were ranked higher than any of the top 10 players on rivals.com, they just chose to go to a lesser school closer to home or other reasons. Same can be said for a lot of WR's out there still on the board.

If Mike elects to go BPA it'll be LB Queen or Murray giving us one of the most talented LB cores in the league, Only problem is we play a shit ton of nickel with only 2 on the field at any given time....

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby piratepride » Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:47 pm

Twitter saying Juedy may slip due to having recent knee meniscus surgery!

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby DeadRinger » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:39 am

I see our first round going in one of only 2 ways:

Either CJ Henderson will be there for us at 12 or he won't.

If he's there, we pick CJ at 12 and then pick either Justin Jefferson or Denzel Mims at 19.

If CJ is not there then that means we'll have our pick of at least 2 of the top 3 receivers. We'll pick either Lamb or Jeudy and then probably Kenneth Murray at 19. I say Murray because I think he's just a much better football player than any of the CBs who would be left at that spot (Fulton, Gladney, Terrell, etc).

That's my prediction.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby DeadRinger » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:45 am

piratepride wrote:Twitter saying Juedy may slip due to having recent knee meniscus surgery!

The "recent surgery" was in April 2018. But people are saying there are lingering issues. Convenient that comes out just 2 days before the draft.

So in 2018, after his surgery, he put up 1300 yds and 14 TDs. Then another 1100 and 10 TDs in 2019.

Lingering issues.....

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby piratepride » Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:58 pm

Yeah I seen the report a little after I posted. It makes sense, teams trying to leak false information.
That almost never happens in the media right lol.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby piratepride » Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:59 pm

I just hope none of the WRs make it to Denver!

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby DeadRinger » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:04 am

piratepride wrote:I just hope none of the WRs make it to Denver!

Yeah, they already have Sutton making a serious name fro himself. If they were smart they might go for the top TE, maybe Kmet. They haven't had one worth a shit since Sharpe.

Shit maybe they'll be able to do both, take a top WR in the 1st and Kmet in the 2nd. :(

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby piratepride » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:46 am

They drafted the top tight end not to long ago in Noah Fant from Iowa,a guy I loved along with Hockenson now in Detroit. Gruden knew we had a star in Waller so didn't pull the trigger until Moreau who has the talent to be a consistent threat.
Denver is thinking offense regardless, I think WR or O line assuming they don't leap frog ahead of us for Juedy or Ruggs.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum