BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Re: Titans vs Raiders

Postby piratepride » Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:53 pm

I took my 8 year old to his 1st game and witnessed this shit show first hand. The fans in the stands vented right around the 3rd quarter, and ranged from blaming Carr to our defense.
The suprising thing is nobody blamed Gruden outside of a few "throw it deep" chants. I think most know he ain't going anywhere.
Seeing the team up close and personal only confirmed what I already thought.
1. Gruden has made patch work with who ever wasn't injured before the game started and said as much at his post game presser. Injuries bite every team, but hit hard this year for sure.
2.Carr is running Grudens offense to a T, and doesn't appear to have the authority to call his own at the LOS.
3.Defense is decimated by injuries and suspensions, and Worley should be demoted.

Here's what else I noticed, and why it finally makes sense hearing the general managers talk about culture.
Seeing a lot of players pull up from the team bus walking up like it was just another work day lol. Then, after the game, most walk across to exchange Jerseys, WTF? We need more Josh Jacob's of the world on our team and Mike Mayock is going to be our golden goose and save Chucky and the team as a whole.
Jacobs was seen in tears when Gruden told him he couldn't play due to the shoulder...yeah...we need more like him period.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby piratepride » Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:54 pm

I took my 8 year old to his 1st game and witnessed this shit show first hand. The fans in the stands vented right around the 3rd quarter, and ranged from blaming Carr to our defense.
The suprising thing is nobody blamed Gruden outside of a few "throw it deep" chants. I think most know he ain't going anywhere.
Seeing the team up close and personal only confirmed what I already thought.
1. Gruden has made patch work with who ever wasn't injured before the game started and said as much at his post game presser. Injuries bite every team, but hit hard this year for sure.
2.Carr is running Grudens offense to a T, and doesn't appear to have the authority to call his own at the LOS.
3.Defense is decimated by injuries and suspensions, and Worley should be demoted.

Here's what else I noticed, and why it finally makes sense hearing the general managers talk about culture.
Seeing a lot of players pull up from the team bus walking up like it was just another work day lol. Then, after the game, most walk across to exchange Jerseys, WTF? We need more Josh Jacob's of the world on our team and Mike Mayock is going to be our golden goose and save Chucky and the team as a whole.
Jacobs was seen in tears when Gruden told him he couldn't play due to the shoulder...yeah...we need more like him period.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby piratepride » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:04 pm

Then, on defense... Mayock needs to do whatever pounding on the table he needs to in order to land Isaiah Simmons from Clemson. He's the new prototypical linebacker that'll tackle and cover anything you ask him to. I picture him in the mold of Darren Waller but at Linebacker. He'll cover the Alvin Kamaras of the league and tackle the ball carrier behind the LOS.
We have neglected LB for way too long and it showed Sunday. Way too many holes were opened allowing Henry a free 5 yards untouched. Seeing this also reminded me of what Katl Joseph was good at. He'd sniff out run plays before they happened and met whoever in the backfield like his helmet was on fire. We need to re-sign him IMO.
Hopefully the Vegas move will only help in the free agent department, I could see Jalen Ramsey wanting to come here if he doesn't keep his word to re up with the Rams.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Previous

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum