Raiders vs. Dungver Mule Game Thread

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Re: Raiders vs. Dungver Mule Game Thread

Postby FreddieB25 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:40 pm

We won...team young and raw....Carr had all day to throw
And didn't make mistakes ..Josh Jacobs and O-line impressed....Tyrell Williams and Waller as well....KC game this Sunday will be a huge test....this schedule all year is brutal!!! Happy with win.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Highscores: 0

Postby Forbiddenraider » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:10 pm

We are getting better & have a future. Antonio Brown will be out of the league after this year. I give credit where it’s due. I’ve been a massive critic of Carr but today he was throwing with balls!! I know it’s only one win but Denver has a good defense. We actually created turnover on defense!! We usually never do that! Fuck AB

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Postby FreddieB25 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:46 pm

Forbiddenraider wrote:We are getting better & have a future. Antonio Brown will be out of the league after this year. I give credit where it’s due. I’ve been a massive critic of Carr but today he was throwing with balls!! I know it’s only one win but Denver has a good defense. We actually created turnover on defense!! We usually never do that! Fuck AB

O-line gave Carr all day to scan downfield and when pressured he checked down to outlet guy. He managed game well. Thought Richard or Deandre would be in for some plays to catch ball in flat and see if they can make play down sidelines with their speed and quickness. Jacobs, Waller and Tyrell williams are the real deal. Would love a stud vet at wide receiver to be a vet leader on the field in big spots. Larry Fitzgerald would be nice. Burfict is a nice addition as long as he plays smart. Wait until Incognito and Gabe comeback. Will make more room for Josh Jacobs and give Carr even more time to throw. Defense did give up big plays but I'll take giving up 3 fg's and 9 pts with 3 mins left and that TD we gave up in garbage time ultimately. Mahomes will put up points on us this next game. Could be a 35-31 type game if we can get td's on KC. Denver is one of the weaker offenses we'll face this year. Josh Jacobs if he stays healthy looks to be a stud in this league. Kid is strong and hard to take down

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby piratepride » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:37 am

Our defense was stopping them until Conley got hurt. Other than that good overall team defense.
My game balls go out to Trent Brown amd Kolton Miller shutting down Chubb and Von Miller. Are u kidding me? No QB hurries?
Darren Waller looks like a super sleeper ( glad I habe him and Tyrell Williams on my fantasy team).
This weekend will be a huge test, but hopefully we can keep Mahomes 9ff the damn field with long drives.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby FreddieB25 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:01 am

Biggest surprise of the game was Carr didn't get a finger on him all game and didn't really get hurried either. Holding Denver to 3 fg's was nice as well even though one of those Den possessions was a dropped td pass that resulted in one of those fg's. Josh Jacobs looks like the real deal...don't over use him though. Waller looks like a huge wide receiver with what he can do. Tyrell Williams impressed. Another stud at wide receiver would compliment him even more. Defense does give up big plays especially after great offensive momentum from us like a TD. Just keep those defensive lapses at most to FG attempts from the opponents offense. I liked our performance but Denver didn't play well.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby DeadRinger » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:07 am

Watched the game last night. Even though we led the whole way and by 2 scores a lot fo the game, this did NOT feel like a dominant performance by any means. Offense put together a couple of good drives, got lucky on a big ass punt return. Defense played the run really well and was getting pressure but then giving up all their gains with penalties and HUGE fuckin plays downfield. Josh Mauro looks like a determined young man, doesn't he?

I don't know wtf the D is going to do without Abram and Conley. Jesus, what a fucking blow. Not so much with Abram, although his energy and attitude will be missed the most, but Conley was far and away our best corner. Hope he comes back real soon.

Guys, Arden Key is fucking invisible. The kid is useless. WAY too fucking light and weak to play DE, and too slow and stiff to play LB. We should try to trade him for a WR before the rest of the league figures out what we should already know.

What was REALLY good was both the OL and the game plan that kept pressure off Carr. Can't wait to see Richie get in there and start crushing heads - that dude has always been a great OG.

I liked what I saw of Josh Jacobs. I'd like to see us get him more screen passes, get him the ball in space. We also need to call some plays to run him outside every now and then, for fuck's sake. I despise this constant, predictable up-the-gut running style Gruden has.

Tyrell Williams. What a stud. I didn't expect to see such great hands on this kid. I also didn't expect to see such solid route-running. Dude looked like a legit #1 out there to me. We still need another WR around his caliber, but he'll be doing some real damage for us this season.

Waller looked good as a receiver. I really hope this kid stays on the wagon, he's a baller. But we need to get Renfrow and Jacobs both more involved in the passing game. This can't be the Tyrell/Waller show for the entire season.

Just my observations...

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby FreddieB25 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:49 am

Hopefully Waller doesn't get back on the crack pipe and suspended at some point. Agreed offense was predictable and hopefully Gruden only showed part of the playbook the other night. Yeah we won but Denver looked lackadaisical and disinterested the whole game. The big plays we gave up and Lindsey running right through us is more what I expect our defense to be for stretches this year. Denver gave us a cupcake win the other night. It won't be like this the rest of the year.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Previous

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum