Darren Waller

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Darren Waller

Postby DeadRinger » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:17 pm

So I'm reading about all this OTA buzz around this kid who's supposedly making all kinds of highlight catches and shit. Apparently he has all the talent in the world but it was going to waste because he's a dope fiend.

So now he's supposedly our TE1, and I guess he's been clean for a year.

All I can say is this, as a recovering alcoholic myself: We BETTER be working our TE2 hard behind him (I assume that's Moreau), splitting reps and making sure they're getting equal attention.

Waller could easily come into training camp and piss hot. He could piss hot at any time. This small amount of time clean for a kid that age who has money is NOTHING. He barely knows his ass from a hole in the ground at this point.

And if he was already at the point where he got suspended for an entire season, he's already in DEEP SHIT. So this kid's very high risk.

I would seriously do my best to train someone up, push Moreau so he could take away that TE1 spot. You DON'T want to be relying on a 20-something dope fiend.

And we should seriously consider keeping 4 TEs. We need to be scouring the cuts and finding someone good to add to Waller/Moreau/Wilson.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Re: Darren Waller

Postby FreddieB25 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:35 pm

I don't put much creedence in any young talent especially in OTA's. All about consistent production during the season. Gruden's offenses seem to depend on backs and receivers catching the ball. Doug Jolley had a minute or so for us and some others. If we see any glimpse of Carr 2016, we're on the right track and could surprise this year.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Highscores: 0

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum