STRONG players available at MASSIVE areas of need

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

STRONG players available at MASSIVE areas of need

Postby DeadRinger » Fri May 10, 2019 9:01 am

After signing rookies we're still probably sitting on more than $20M in cap space.

So what the fuck are we doing with it??

Here's a question, and it's not a trick question either: Going into the draft, what were the two biggest areas of need for our team?

I'll answer that for you: 1) pass rush and 2) TE.

We drafted Ferrell and whoever the hell Maxx is. And Moreau, who has never done better than 300 yds IIRC.

So as far as I'm concerned, we're still sitting here in need of players at both positions. And there just so happen to be TWO guys out there on the trade block who are experts at those positions.

1. Clowney - Yeah, he'll be expensive and he's over-hyped but HOU is in a real bind w this guy and we might not even have to cough up a first-rounder to take him off their hands. One would hope that, given the fact that our entire team had 13 sacks last year, Mayock has already had conversations with them about this kid. Because I think we could sign him for less than the Mack deal. I think he's worth a sub-Frank Clark kind of deal, given his injury history and his failure to ever live up to his pre-draft hype.

2. Kyle Rudolph - He's 29 so he has a few years left in him. And he's the total package - a guy who can get us 700 yds and 7 TDs AND he's 265 lbs and can damn sure get in the way of some OTs. Vikes don't need him anymore, he'll come cheap.

What I'm trying to say here is that we should NOT be standing pat where we are. We haven't added enough juice to this team, and we have MONEY to spend!

We also need another #2-level WR for fuck's sake.

And no, none of these fuckin UDFAs we signed are worth a shit. They will all come in one door and right out the other.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Re: STRONG players available at MASSIVE areas of need

Postby FreddieB25 » Fri May 10, 2019 10:56 am

I'd rather look at what the defense looks like before bringing in Clowney. If we can get him at a team friendly contract it might be worth a look.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby silver & black » Fri May 10, 2019 1:58 pm

If Clowney comes at a reasonable price.... why not? If he wants big money.... pass. I agree with the rest of it.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby FreddieB25 » Fri May 10, 2019 2:53 pm

What Mayock has to avoid at all costs is bad contracts and inevitably dead money against the cap. That's football welfare and has hamstrung us for many years. Need most of the roster contributing and producing at fair value of their respective contracts.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby DeadRinger » Mon May 13, 2019 6:20 am

FreddieB25 wrote:What Mayock has to avoid at all costs is bad contracts and inevitably dead money against the cap. That's football welfare and has hamstrung us for many years. Need most of the roster contributing and producing at fair value of their respective contracts.

Come on man. If we can afford to make Trent Brown the highest-paid o-lineman in the league after one season as a starter, I think we can afford to give Clowney what Frank Clark got.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby FreddieB25 » Mon May 13, 2019 10:53 am

Let's see what the defense looks like. Clowney at what he'd want is too steep a price anyway.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby DeadRinger » Tue May 14, 2019 2:14 pm

Look around bro. EVERY good player comes at too steep a price.

They keep jacking up the cap by 10s of millions of dollars, guys keep setting records every damn year... There's NO restraint, man. None.

It is what it is, it's not going to change. Wait til this next NFLPA negotiation comes up, they're going to want gold-plated showers, man.

I bet they're going to clamp down on teams having to spend more of their cap. You look at a team like the Colts, sitting there on $50M in cap space, the NFLPA isn't going to allow that kind of shit to happen next time around. Teams will have to spend like 90% of their cap every year, bet on it.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby FreddieB25 » Tue May 14, 2019 2:56 pm

Regarding Clowney, Mayock, Gruden and Guenther I'm sure have talked about the possibility of sitting down with Clowney. Mayock has probably talked to his agent. Never know, maybe he gets signed here in Oakland. I don't understand how a team like New England year after year has low draft picks and still every fuckin year have a good decent defense, not great or dominating, just good enough. Not like they have HOFers on defense or household names but they seem to give Brady a chance in almost every game to hang or put games away. With the talent on paper right now on defense we should be a lot better. Key is disrupting the pocket on big pass downs which we haven't been able to do in forever.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby FreddieB25 » Tue May 14, 2019 3:05 pm

No one needs to tell me how many motherfuckin times Mack was held coming through the line that were never called. We've been jobbed by the NFL in regards to penalties and non calls that would have benefited us in games in pivotal times in games. Different players, coaches,coordinators over decades and decades and we're always top 5 in penalties and penalty yards. That's not a coincidence, that's the NFL keeping us in check every year. How dare we might go 8-8 or 9-7 when the league can make us a butt of jokes and irrelevant at 4-12 or 5-11. The league has wanted to extinguish our renegade brand for thirty plus years and the only way is to find ways to fuck us with the officiating and scheduling hence losing and losing often.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby DeadRinger » Tue May 14, 2019 3:41 pm

Bro I have no fucking idea how the Pats do it either. Those fucking guys actually TRY to work their roster so they get as many compensatory picks as possible. Belichik loves those late 3rd rounders, he goes and finds solid gold out there somehow.

I don't see how he does it, if it was possible to cheat in some way I'd say he was doing it.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Next

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum