Game of thrones

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Game of thrones

Postby piratepride » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:34 pm

Now that the draft is over, how bout that last episode of game of thrones!
Best episode yet.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 0

Re: Game of thrones

Postby FreddieB25 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:42 pm

Never got into that show. Breaking bad and the Sopranos was my drug of choice back in the day.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby DeadRinger » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:29 pm

I’m binge- ing it right now, i’m Halfway through season 6 I think. No spoilers.

I read the books about 20 years ago. Well. Most of them. I got about 1/3 of the way through Dance of Dragons and realized it was too much like work trying to keep up with 80 different characters and all the fuckin political games they were trying to play.

There was too much domestic violence and butt-fucking and not enough fuckin dragon fire and zombies, if you know what I mean.

Last edited by DeadRinger on Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby DeadRinger » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:39 pm

FreddieB25 wrote:Never got into that show. Breaking bad and the Sopranos was my drug of choice back in the day.

For my money, 24 was the best thing that ever graced the tv screen. What a fucking righteous show that was.

My brother swore by Breaking Bad too. I tried but couldn’t get into it. It was even filmed in ABQ, where I grew up, I still didn’t like it. I’ll try it again some day.

If you guys haven’t seen it, try The Punisher on Netflix. Really good show. Nothing like the movies, it’s much more realistic, very brutal. Fucking dude just won’t die. The first season was better than the second one has been.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby FreddieB25 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:55 pm

Dead you grew up in Albuquerque? I lived there late 80's and early 90's. Nothing but Broncos and Cowboy fans there and many cholos I met were LA Raider fans for obvious reasons. I lived in the Northeast heights off Wyoming and Montgomery as well as 1 mile south of UNM campus, central ave and the frontier restaurant. Wild west town fer sure, a lot of meth, indians, cowboys, mexicans and gang shoout outs. People were robbing banks with water pistols and their get away was a 10 speed bicycle or a moped. Had to watch yourself down there. More chicanos than gringos in that state.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:04 am

FreddieB25 wrote:Dead you grew up in Albuquerque? I lived there late 80's and early 90's. Nothing but Broncos and Cowboy fans there and many cholos I met were LA Raider fans for obvious reasons. I lived in the Northeast heights off Wyoming and Montgomery as well as 1 mile south of UNM campus, central ave and the frontier restaurant. Wild west town fer sure, a lot of meth, indians, cowboys, mexicans and gang shoout outs. People were robbing banks with water pistols and their get away was a 10 speed bicycle or a moped. Had to watch yourself down there. More chicanos than gringos in that state.

Yeah man. I was an Air Force brat. My dad was stationed there at Kirtland when I was real young, like 2. I lived there for about 12 years, with a 1-year stint in Los Alamos in 5th grade. Moved to TX for my sophomore and junior years. Then back to ABQ and I graduated from Manzano in 88.

You and I were there at the same time.

And you're absolutely right. Man, I got in a lot of fuckin trouble that year. Almost didn't live through it. Thing is, I was part of the problem, I wasn't a victim.

Crazy small fuckin world brother. Both of us in the Northeast Heights at the same fuckin time.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby FreddieB25 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:25 am

I miss the Sandia mtns, driving the 14 up to Santa fe through those ghost towns Golden, Madrid and Cerrillos and those New Mexico sunsets were epic.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:39 am

FreddieB25 wrote:I miss the Sandia mtns, driving the 14 up to Santa fe through those ghost towns Golden, Madrid and Cerrillos and those New Mexico sunsets were epic.

Me too man. I used to drive chicks up into the foothills at night, park where we could see all the city lights, smoke a little weed and get busy. lol

I loved that city.

I've been back a couple times since i left - I was there about a year ago for my uncle's funeral. It's really freakin' weird to go back there because Georgia is SO different, everything here is green, so many huge trees blocking your line of sight, you can't see for miles and miles like you can there.

You forget how awesome it is to always have the mountains there. Every time you look up, the Sandias are right there, fuckin huge, looking down on you.

I remember one time coming back down through that Tijeras Canyon gap on those crazy winding mountain roads in my old piece of shit high school car, stoned and driving stupid fast, I threw a rod and started smoking like a fuckin' wildfire...

Or ditching school many times when it was snowing to go buy a bottle of cheap whiskey and find one of those places where you can grab an inner tube and sled down a steep fucking slope, hit a jump at the bottom and kill yourself catching about 15 feet of air...

Then, of course, there's the balloon festival that nobody really understands unless they've been there.

Flea markets where all the Indians go to sell their turquoise and silver handmade jewelry.

The General Store where everyone went to buy their bongs.

And of course the REAL Mexican food that will light your fucking tongue on fire but you can't stop eating it because it's so damn good.

I could go on and on and on. A whole lot of REALLY good times in that city. I could see myself going back there someday when my kids of gone off doing their own thing and my life is back in my own hands. I only have 1 family member left there though, a cousin. Everyone else has died on me or gone somewhere else.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby FreddieB25 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:30 pm

Shot off my first gun in Tijeras canyon. Hung in Cedar crest with a buddy drinking beer and smoking the ganja all night. Drive out past the west mesa at night looking back at the city lights and the illuminated sandias and manzano mtns when the moon was full. Taos blew me away still to this day. Drove my mustang through the south valley at night checking out the barrio after dark. Not smart but I was young. Used to ride my bike down Central ave stopping into the frontier restaurant, milton's or Manny's restaurant on central and girard I believe. Loved the balloon fest in october I believe. Balloons ascendinding early morning where you'd look west over the mesa and see thirty of them in the sky on those cool october mornings around 7am. Albq lot different now from what I remember 30 yrs ago. Very spiritual place with the strong native american specifically navajo culture. Like I said the sunsets were worth the price of admission. The way they'd change the color of the sandia mtns and the rio grande valley. Like you were tripping or something.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby DeadRinger » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:25 am

My great grandmother was full-blooded Navajo. My grandmother spent several years on a reservation when both her parents died and she had to stay with her grandparents until she got married and got out on her own.

That makes me 1/16th Native American. A lot more than that bitch Elizabeth Warren. And even I don’t claim to be a Native American to get benefits.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Next

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum