Who is your favorite pick?

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Who is your favorite pick?

Postby silver & black » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:28 pm

I'm going with Hunter Renfrow. I LOVE the Ferrel pick, but Renfrow intrigues me to no end. I think this guy is going to be a classic Raider favorite in the years to come.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC
Highscores: 0

Re: Who is your favorite pick?

Postby DeadRinger » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:16 pm

Ferrell is the obvious choice because from an overall standpoint he's going to have the biggest impact for our D, which was the most miserable part of our existence last year. And with Key and Hurst both getting better, that's going to be something to watch.

BUT as much as i love all aspect of football I'm mainly an offense guy at heart. And when I think about what I want to see happen on that side of the ball next season, I think Josh Jacobs is going to have ALL KINDS of impact.

It's not just that this kid can catch the ball. In terms of being a dual threat, this kid is 50/50. He's GREAT at both aspects. He can even be a fucking downfield receive if we need him to. The fucking kid can run routes.

People are comparing him to Charlie Garner, but that's a bad comparison. Garner was fucking TINY compared to Jacobs!! Josh outweighs Garner by 30 fucking pounds! I see him being better than Garner ever was, because he can do more. He can produce big between the tackles. He's not a punisher like Lynch, but he WILL - and HAS - run right through a safety like he doesn't exist. Arm tackles are no good on him.

He doesn't have homerun speed, but Garner was never that homerun hitter either. And I think the first time we see Jacobs squirt into open space, we're going to see that his slow 40 time was probably not an accurate reflection of his football speed. He'll get caught from behind, but it will take awhile, and they better take the right angles.

Jacobs is elusive as fuck, with one of those nasty jump cuts that pisses tacklers off to no end.

We're going to see a lot more sparks from our offense next season than a lot of people think. We have some versatile pieces, some highly reliable pieces, some very dangerous pieces, and some prolific pieces. There's a lot to work with, even though there could be more.

This team is VERY different than it was last season. I look forward to seeing us score a LOT more points.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby DeadRinger » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:24 pm

silver & black wrote:I'm going with Hunter Renfrow. I LOVE the Ferrel pick, but Renfrow intrigues me to no end. I think this guy is going to be a classic Raider favorite in the years to come.

Renfrow feels like he might be one of those sneaky sleeper deals that's going to attach to Mayock and be a signature pick, so to speak.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby FreddieB25 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:37 pm

Agreed, Josh Jacobs should be a sturdy, dependable and consistent player who will hopefully get the tough yards on the ground as well as the ability to catch the ball. We need a ground grinder to manage the clock and keep the opponents defense honest and get those big yards in big spots. Gruden is all about a balanced offense, Jacobs will be that player.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby piratepride » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:45 pm

I almost want to say Renfrow too, but know better. He may not see a ton of balls go his way unless Carr has all day back there which still remains to be seen. He'll be good in the years to come.
Which reminds me, think the staff is signing all the Clemson guys to recruit their QB in 2 or three years? I forget his name, but you know the long hair white version of Mahomes.
Back to the point of the thread, I'll go with Jacobs as my favorite player drafted.
It felt like the teams after us ( mainly Ravens) were going to snatch him up and we took him when we had to. I just knew when he was walking up to that podium he was born to be a Raider plain amd simple. You can tell he's a grinder, and you couple that with his skill set and you got fireworks!
This dude is gonna be one of the main reasons we get back to glory ( in Vegas).
I like Ferrell also, love his leadership skills and talent, but Jacobs is my choice.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum