ANOTHER different angle on the draft

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

ANOTHER different angle on the draft

Postby DeadRinger » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:04 am

It might be cool if...

Instead of adding pieces here and there where we have holes in multiple units, what if we focused on making ONE unit totally elite?

I'm thinking pass rush, of course. Other than QB, the most important aspect of an NFL team.

We added quality WRs and we definitely need more, there's no question. But we say "hey, we have a couple young guys we're going to develop, so we're rolling with what we have and we'll look at June cuts."

We added Crowell at RB. I don't know that there's anyone in this draft who could help us more this season than Crowell. And, we could probably still re-sign Lynch if we wanted to.

The OL is set.

D-backfield is solid-to-strong, as i previously mentioned.

Unfortunately I don't see any possible way we can ignore the TE position. We have to address it in the 1st round or we WILL regret it.

LBs are weak, but they're also part of the pass rush equation to an extent so...

What if we take Josh Allen at #4, and then Clelin Ferrell is there for us at 24? How can you pass him up? Or Josh Allen #4 and then Brian Burns at #24? And how about we go even further than that? How about something like this:

#4: Josh Allen or Quinnen Williams
#24: Brian Burns or Zach Allen
#27: Noah Fant or Irv Smith
2nd Round: Jaylon Ferguson

Go fucking balls-out on pass rush. And DARE the fucking talking heads to give us anything but an A+ on our draft.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Re: ANOTHER different angle on the draft

Postby FreddieB25 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:42 pm

Only angle Chucky cares about is the angle of Mayock's ass cheeks when he packs his ass with his lil stub of a cock. Point is Chucky will fuck this draft up to an extent where he'll go offense when he should go defense with all three picks in the 1st round.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby piratepride » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:14 pm

I wouldn't mind going hard on defense and not looking back. I like your idea of going DE back to back, I was under the impression we didn't have a choice one way or the other.
Gruden has told Mayock its him and Arden Key...that's it.
In my book that's a green light to go two DEs with two out of 4 picks.
In my opinion, we'll be reaching a little but almost have to do it unfortunately.
Would I pass on Devin Bush LB for Jachai Polite DE, or Brian Burns...another Arden Key who needs at least one year and to add mass??? Or an impact defender for the next 10 years?
I hear you on have decent guys for now...

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby FreddieB25 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:48 pm

Have to have a formidable defense in the nfl that keeps teams under 20 points and get off the field in the 4th qtr. It would help the offense immensely if we had a top 10 defense. No excuses...get it done!!!

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby piratepride » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:16 pm

As i was typing up my post my boss walked in so had to cut it short lol.
Anyways I've read up a little more on the top prospects and Josh Allen more recently.
Has anyone heard his back story? Definitely a cool read about him living with an uncle while battling ADD.
What's concerning is he started playing football late in life and wasn't feeling it his junior college year. Is his heart and mind into it? Will he end up being another Amari Cooper?
I heard it took him having his 1st child to finally wakeup and tap into his potential ( senior year).
Kid has tremendous talent, but does he love it?
I've liked him ever since he decided to play in his teams bowl game, but this is definitely something Mayock will need to look into.
How many players have all the talent in the world and end up flaming out after getting a couple Million?
I hear itll take our #27 to move up to #1 overall for Bosa, would any of you do it?
I personally would sit pat and take the best available player Q Williams or Devin White.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby silver & black » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:22 am

No, I wouldn't move up to get Bosa. He's a great player, but I have a feeling he is also going to be a problematic player. His brother is a great player and he has his own problems.... I think little brother is better, but also will have the same traits.... just my gut feeling, nothing of substance to go on.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby DeadRinger » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:03 am

Pirate, you mentioned taking 2 DEs back to back.

Here's the thing...

I don't really see Josh Allen projecting as a 4-3 DE in the pros. I think he's a heavy pass-rush OLB all day long. Just like Mack should have been for us the entire time he was here. Similar types of players - meaning, too much speed and athleticism to make them a one-trick pony.

I don't think Allen is quite in Mack's league, but both of them have what it takes to cover, stuff the run and rush the passer - they're "all of the above" type players.

I said time and time again I never saw a guy who was better at flying through the trash like a fuckin heat-seeking missile to make the kill on a RB like Mack. (The only other guy who came close IMO was Bill Romanowski in his prime.) And in our infinite wisdom we chose to put the guy's hand in the dirt and take away at least half his game. It was a big mistake, and one of the reasons we're always saying "our defense sucked even though we had Mack." As great as he was for us - and he was elite - he could have been much more.

I fully believe Josh Allen is the same type of guy. We should stand him up and let him wreck the fuck out of the ENTIRE offense. He's not Mack, but he's capable of massive disruption.

Then we take lesser guys who really ARE limited to one type of thing like Burns or Zach Allen and Jaylon Ferguson to fire off the edge.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby DeadRinger » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:11 am

silver & black wrote:No, I wouldn't move up to get Bosa. He's a great player, but I have a feeling he is also going to be a problematic player. His brother is a great player and he has his own problems.... I think little brother is better, but also will have the same traits.... just my gut feeling, nothing of substance to go on.

I wouldn't trade up for Bosa simply because I believe that BOTH Josh Allen and Q Williams have a good chance to be better pros.

I hate to say that about a white kid who has a chance to be the #1 pick. AND he's a conservative who backs Trump.

And as we all know, the draft is a crap shoot, so that's my opinion on the matter. It's not an analysis, like my projection about Todd Gurley was. I didn't have a chance to watch any of these guys a lot in college. So we'll see. But Josh Allen's sheer production is impressive as hell.

Of course, I said the EXACT same thing about Darren McFadden. So what the fuck do I know?

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby piratepride » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:06 am

I guess the media is up in arms over Mayock sending the scouts ( including Reggie's twin brother ) packing just before the draft.
The real ones including former scouts understand this is part of the process, and also mention this was bound to happen with the regime change.
The media is just pissed off that their spies are no longer in the building.
This tells me a few things, but my main takeaway is Mayock and Gruden were ready for the draft last week. I'm expecting them to hit on all cylinders and come away with a good draft grade all around.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby FreddieB25 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:50 am

Media you mean dirty bay area queer kikes. By the way happy b day to Mr Hitler today, 4/20 in da house!

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Next

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum