Vontaze Burfict signed to 1 year deal.

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Re: Vontaze Burfict signed to 1 year deal.

Postby FreddieB25 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:54 am

DeadRinger wrote:Pretty serious new look to our LB corps with both Burfict and Brandon Marshall, both on 1-yr deals.

not the best way to handle such a fucked-up unit.

Burfict and Brandon Marshall are a shell of themselves. Gruden was right, players around the league want to play for the Raiders. Yeah mostly players that suck and no one else wants and want to collect one last paycheck. He better be drafting defense because I'm not impressed with any of these moves.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Highscores: 0

Postby piratepride » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:08 pm

1 year deals to see who will last till Vegas. Brandon Marshall wants to play for us in his hometown next year ( Vegas) so I think he'll try to show out.
I'm not impressed either, but not like we could have paid Mosley what he got....that was too much for the position even though I was pounding the table for him. They'll go hard and heavy at DE, CB, and LB, OG this draft. Fingers crossed for Josh Allen.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby FreddieB25 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:38 pm

Watch whoever Denver selects at QB, come back to bite us for the next decade. Package Carr to NYG this draft or next to anyone in need and its obvious Gruden has a chubby for Drew Lock. Something tells me Lock is who we want in the high 1st rd. Carr won't be on the roster in our first game in Vegas. Some desperate team will want the Carr-bage. Think Gruden saw enough of a 5th yr qb, Carr making assinine throws and soft pocket awareness. Carr ain't Gruden's guy sooner than later.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby silver & black » Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:49 am

We will probably neglect defense in the draft because Gruden loves his offense. I'm sure he'll address it, but he won't use the 1st or 2nd pick on defense. I'm sure he's counting on his new FA's to "fix" the defense this year. I just don't have a good feeling about this whole thing.

There isn't a QB in this draft worth bothering with... unless it's for depth/back up.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby FreddieB25 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:53 am

It's a good draft in the 1st rd for defense this year. There is no reason why we don't capitalize on that especially pass rush. Arden Key needs to put on size. Go offense in the 2nd rd and beyond. Improve the fuckin defense for once in forever,

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby silver & black » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:27 am

There is no reason why we don't capitalize on that especially pass rush.

I agree.... I'm sure 99.9% of all Raiders fans would agree.... but I know how fucking stupid this team can be, especially when your head coach doesn't really care about defense.

We should end up with Devin White or even Devin Bush with #4.... but I just have a bad feeling Gruden will take one of the useless QB's.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby FreddieB25 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:35 am

We need a pass rush in a major fuckin way. Been bottom of the league in sacks, qb hurries and 3rd down and getting off the field. When's the last time we held an opponent under 17 pts for two or even three games in a row? Not often.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby silver & black » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:24 pm

I don't know the answer to that without Googling.... and I don't want to...lol.

We can't continue to rely on outscoring an opponent to win games. I understand you have to have a high powered offense these days, but That doesn't matter if your opponent scores just as much as you do. I hope Gruden understands this too. He should... he's a fucking NFL head coach!

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby FreddieB25 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:55 pm

Guys like Burfict we'll continue to lead league in stupid penalties as well as PI's and def holding. There's typically penalties on every play but we get them called when we least can afford it. I'll say it for the 100th time aside from moving to Vegas which is a Godsend. The NFL and the corporate establishment after Al Davis lawsuits back in the day. Oakland being a slum and our fanbase not being corporate or family friendly, basically to a large extent garbage rung of society, the NFL hasn't wanted us on any big stage or promote anything Raiders for decades now. That LA gangsta rap garbage and minority bangers wasting each other sporting our logo and colors aside from the fact we weren't any good blackballed us since the 80's for the most part. Most Raider fans I've met around the country since the 80's are a fuckin embarrassment!!!! Not one of them successful or worth a shit. Just fronting with our colors and living the street thug life. Even white Raider fans I'd label white trash and wiggers. NFL sees that demographic and turns a blinds eye to that fanbase. Like I said not commercially or socially a good brand to acknowledge.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby piratepride » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:14 pm

Gruden will select offense with one of the 1st round picks on either RB Josh Jacobs or one of the Iowa TE's. We better go defense here and heavy with the rest.
But we all know Gruden gets gets a hard on for those offensive players, and I'm sure in his mind we need to emulate KC. I hope he doesn't go offense with #24 and 27, but if he did that'll be one hell of an offense. D won't be worth a shit but the offense will have alot of talent at all levels.
QB, O line, TE, WR, and the slot.
Let's say he uses #24 on TE Hockenson and #27 on WR Marquise Brown.
QB Carr
WR1 Antonio Brown
WR2 Tyrell Williams
Slot WR Seth Roberts/ Marquise Brown
TE TJ Hockenson or Noah Fant
RB- Richard / Warren III / 3rd round RB?

I'd rather it go something like this

#4 Josh Allen DE
#24 Byron Murphy CB
#27 Devin Bush LB ( Upgrade from Whitehead).
#34 Dalton Risner or Marquise Brown

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

PreviousNext

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum