GAPING fucking holes remaining

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Re: GAPING fucking holes remaining

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:36 am

I actually had more confidence in the draft than in FA with Mayock. I know in the draft we're going to make wise decisions, we're not going to reach far for guys, we're going to get good value, etc. If we don't have a guy that fits a need at the spot we're in we'll prob trade.

It was FA I was concerned about, wasn't sure how Mayock would handle the pro scouting and dealing. The dude's a natural.

So I'm sitting on a lot of hope right now.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:47 am

Also, i think Mayock and Gruden are thinking about splitting our top 4 picks between offense and defense, or possibly trading out of 4 and turning it into 5 picks.

IMO, if Josh Allen isn't there at 4, we should look to trade back into a spot where we're still sure to land Clelin Ferrell. Pick up another 2 and maybe a 3.

Pass rush is a no-brainer, our #1 need. Beyond that we need TE, RB, WR and LB high in this draft.So coming away with something like this would be ideal:

Clelin Ferrell
Devin Bush
AJ Brown
Noah Fant
David Montgomery or Damien Harris

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby piratepride » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:02 am

Your list is full of day 1 starters. The haul we received from all of our trades is ridiculous. If the top 4 selections all pan out it will be team altering.
I knew Mayock was going to awesome, he has too much common sense for it not to have worked. It's like this board was in on all of their meetings offering our very own opinions on shit lol.
Too many times Reggie had us all scratching our heads on just about everything from free agent signings to draft selections. Its refreshing to never have to mention his name again.
Not to mention, we have 2 firsts next year!!!

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:26 am

piratepride wrote:Your list is full of day 1 starters. The haul we received from all of our trades is ridiculous. If the top 4 selections all pan out it will be team altering.
I knew Mayock was going to awesome, he has too much common sense for it not to have worked. It's like this board was in on all of their meetings offering our very own opinions on shit lol.
Too many times Reggie had us all scratching our heads on just about everything from free agent signings to draft selections. Its refreshing to never have to mention his name again.
Not to mention, we have 2 firsts next year!!!

Yeah, IF Carr doesn't progress and next year turns out to be time to draft our new franchise QB we have the capital we need to get it done.

It will be tough because I don't think there's any way we'll be picking in the top half of the draft unless CHI tanks. Next year it should be Tua and the Clemson kid at the top of the list.

If not a QB, we pick up another game changer or two.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Previous

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum