What's next?

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

What's next?

Postby DeadRinger » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:57 am

We've taken care of FS for the first time in many years, OT is all handled, we have a top-5 WR1.

We re-signed good S depth and DT depth and decent OL depth.

I think S and OT units are handled. Done.

What's next in FA?

Bell? I don't think we're going to pay him what he wants. I don't think ANYONE will pay him what he wants. Hell, I'd bring him in for a workout before I offered him shit to see what kind of shape he's in.

RB? Mark Ingram's still available.

CB? I really like Ronald Darby. He had kind of a down year but he's a stud. Bradley Roby still available.

OG? MLB? TE? Jared Cook is still hanging if we want a rental.

Another WR? These guys are going fast but I'd KILL for Tyrell Williams. That kid is EXACTLY what we need. We could close the book on WRs if we could land him. Brown/Nelson/Williams our starters. Impossible to cover those 3 guys.
Then Roberts (I though he kicked ass for us last year)/Lafell or a rookie/Ateman or Harris

Pass rusher in FA? We've been tied to Markus Golden, although I haven't seen any movement beyond a single rumor. Justin Houston is available. Ziggy Ansah. If we pick up one of these guys we still need to go edge with out #4 overall. None of them are good enough, or they're too old.

What about Suh for a year?

Still a whole SHITLOAD of guys out there who could really help this team.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Re: What's next?

Postby FreddieB25 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:07 am

Don't know. We basically overpaid for these last three signings. Jared Cook should be signed immediately. He was our best reliable receiver the last couple years. We probably won't sign him though because we do nothing right. Cook was our only receiver Carr could count on and was comfortable with. All the focus now should be on defense but it won't be because Gruden is all about his offense. Our defense has been bottom of the league forever now. Urgent attention needed.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby DeadRinger » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:41 am

FreddieB25 wrote:Don't know. We basically overpaid for these last three signings. Jared Cook should be signed immediately. He was our best reliable receiver the last couple years. We probably won't sign him though because we do nothing right. Cook was our only receiver Carr could count on and was comfortable with. All the focus now should be on defense but it won't be because Gruden is all about his offense. Our defense has been bottom of the league forever now. Urgent attention needed.

Yep, without a threat at TE our WRs will be easy to focus on. And nobody's scared of Lee Smith or Derek Carrier.

Fant or Hockenstein in the draft. There are maybe 1 or 2 others we could get in rd 2.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby piratepride » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:47 am

Strange how Cook hasn't been picked up by anyone yet. I'd rather re sign him for another year or 2, and draft his replacement in the second round.
He loves Carr and has come up huge for us in key situations.
Let's reward him for another 2 years.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby DeadRinger » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:51 am

piratepride wrote:Strange how Cook hasn't been picked up by anyone yet. I'd rather re sign him for another year or 2, and draft his replacement in the second round.
He loves Carr and has come up huge for us in key situations.
Let's reward him for another 2 years.

I really think he wants too much $$. He thinks his production last season should outweigh any concerns about his age, and get him some mega-deal. A fair deal would be 2 yrs at 6M per.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby FreddieB25 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:38 pm

The mule are going to sign him any day now and watch Cook make big catches for them against us. Pay the man already Mayock. You already overpaid the last three signings.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby piratepride » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:18 pm

We all know our defense sucks.
I want Justin Houston.
We need a savvy veteran in the locker room and to help create pressure. Murray is probably gonna go #1 overall, so we'll probably get Quinnen or Josh Allen. That's not enough to win, we need a few good men in the rotation. Re signing Hankins was good step, but we need to add a veteran before the draft to ensure we have depth.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby DeadRinger » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:35 pm

piratepride wrote:We all know our defense sucks.
I want Justin Houston.
We need a savvy veteran in the locker room and to help create pressure. Murray is probably gonna go #1 overall, so we'll probably get Quinnen or Josh Allen. That's not enough to win, we need a few good men in the rotation. Re signing Hankins was good step, but we need to add a veteran before the draft to ensure we have depth.

Houston would be a fuckin awesome player coach for Key.

Key needs it. He was wya up and down in His rook year, which isn’t a surprise for a pass rusher. He would learn a lot from Houston, plus Houston could get us 12 or 14 sacks too. Not a bad deal.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby piratepride » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:59 pm

At this point I'd rather give less money to Houston then bringing in Bell.
We need pass rush in the worst way.
With the niners trading and paying D ford... I wonder if they nab Quinnen Williams now?
Hear me out.
1.Arizona takes Kyler Murray...its almost a lock.

2.Niners grab Quinnen Williams now that they have D Ford, unless they double down and snag Bosa but I doubt it at this point.

3.Trade!!!!! Giants- (QB-Haskins)The Jets have been signing defenders left and right and are at prime spot to trade down with the Giants...who just picked up a 1st and 3rd rounder for OBJ.
Giants have heard the rumblings that Gruden actually has Haskins as his #1 QB and trades up just ahead of us to get thier guy!

4. Raiders-BOSA!!!!!!
In one of the better drafts the unimaginable happens, Bosa falls to us at #4 spot just like Khalil did. Meanwhile in the war room high fives all around and Bosa is putting on a Raiders hat talking it up with Gruden.

What say you ???

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby FreddieB25 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:02 pm

Key would need to put on size and strength. Just not big enough to outmuscle and elude o linemen. He looked pathetic to be honest. Houston would be a nice piece but I don't see him in Oakland. He's a Chief, we can't afford to over pay him which would be the only reason he'd think about coming here.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Next

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum