Mike Mayock interviewed for Raiders GM opening.

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Re: Mike Mayock interviewed for Raiders GM opening.

Postby silver & black » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:45 pm

You all need to go YouTube the Mayock introductory press conference, man was it refreshing!

I just got around to watching this...... hell yes! No more doubts from me. This guy is knowledgeable and humble.... he doesn't think he knows it all....... and he's articulate! He uses words Reggie never heard of...lol. Finally, I feel good about someone in the FO. I guess time will tell, but I'm optimistic.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC
Highscores: 0

Postby FreddieB25 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:08 pm

It can get any worse than its been going back over a decade and a half. With smart driven guys like Mayock and Gruden and a ton of money for free agency and high draft picks this absolutely can't be a 4 to 6 win program like its been. It can't be nor shouldn't it be. This here right now has to turn this franchise around the corner. No more excuses, time for results the next few years and beyond.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby DeadRinger » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:15 am

Yep. Everyone knows the personnel - what this team is and isn't. Everyone knows what the organization has to offer and what it lacks.

Everyone knows what will be available in the offseason.

Time to go hunting and make it fucking count. Every single signing, every single pick has to have meaning and real value. We need to head into Vegas riding a comet. We should be 9-7 next season with the Chargers fading and DEN stuck in neutral. Competitive right down to the last game.

There are no excuses. Nothing is hidden, no surprises anymore. Everything's out on the table.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby FreddieB25 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:47 pm

I don't know if we should try to get Leveon B and or Ant Brown. Their production is sorely needed and Chuck likes vets but they seem selfish and wouldn't most likely be all in.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby Forbiddenraider » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:43 pm

I’d stay away from Brown. He’s filming in Steelers locker room & posting on social media. If the Steelers can’t handle the niggger we sure as fuck can’t. Last Steeler reciever we signed didn’t turn out to good.

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Postby FreddieB25 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:18 pm

Forbiddenraider wrote:I’d stay away from Brown. He’s filming in Steelers locker room & posting on social media. If the Steelers can’t handle the niggger we sure as fuck can’t. Last Steeler reciever we signed didn’t turn out to good.

That is so unprofessional, amateurish and self serving for that guy to do that. That's all ego right there. All the money these idiots have you'd assume they'd rise above it. That's what a punk jock in junior high would do when his feelings are hurt. We don't want this guy anyway.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby piratepride » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:21 pm

Problem is Gruden has a man crush on him telling the local media he practices harder than Jerry Rice last time they came to town. You toss in one of our late 1st rounders and it's the perfect storm.
I'm with you all on team chemistry, but AB is a little different.
If it were up to me, we would groom one of the top wideouts and have his rookie salary for at least 3-4 years, but it's not up to me.
It'll be up to Mike Mayock to convince Gruden to sit tight. It's part of why we all love Gruden, he wants to see this team back in the playoffs just like us, and isn't afraid to do some crazy shit to make it happen.

Were one of a few teams that have the ammo to make a trade happen before free agency, in fact they're probably working the phones right now.
I don't think Carr even has enough time back there to get him the ball as much as he'd like, but if the draft shakes out how I think it will, maybe he will.

1. Cardinals- Nick Bosa, even if they trade with someone, this'll be the pick.

2. 49ers- Josh Allen- the bay area teams get a 1st hand look at Josh Allen DE at the senior bowl and fall in love, for the second time in as many years the niners get to pick the guy we covet ( Mcglinchey last year).

3.Jets- Quinnen Williams- they go BPA and get the missing stud to pair with Leonard Williams now that the other two are gone.

4.Raiders- Jonah Williams LT- if we make a trade for either Bell or Brown, this'll be the pick. Carr needs way more time back there and Williams hasn't allowed a sack this year.

Alternate pick- if Mayock elects to use the picks we have without having traded for Bell/AB, we'll take care of this teams biggest need and get Clelin Ferrell DE from Clemson.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby piratepride » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:30 pm

When Kolton Miller healed up from his knee issues he played much better and looked the part. The kid is going to get better as his body gets stronger and matured.
Jonah Williams will be inserted at the Right tackle position or switch over to LT if Miller doesn't add the strength in the offseason or God forbid gets injured.
We need a DE in the worst way, but Jonah Williams will take care of Carr for years to come and make the offense hum in a passing league.
The rookie Brandon Parker is a run grader, who needs to come off the bench once we have the lead and need to run out the clock. He's not the answer at RT next year, maybe in 2-3 years but not now.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby silver & black » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:23 pm

Unfortunately.... Carr sucks, so....................

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby FreddieB25 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:26 pm

Well you know Im done with Carr. Even a back up can look good behind a sturdy line. Carr makes nothing out of nothing, doesn't extend plays and has zero pocket presence. At his price tag, no Thank you. I want a real QB with balls and creativity. Not a pussy like the Carr-bage.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum