DT Quinnen Williams

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

DT Quinnen Williams

Postby piratepride » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:50 pm

Anybody watch a few Alabama games this year? The few I've watched Williams looked big and powerful, but also a little slow.
It's hard to explain, but if any of you know the running style of Leveon Bell, he plays very Similar IMO defensively. He's just a patient rusher, it's kind of insane, but it works for him.
He's currently mocked to us at #2 overall with Nick Bosa sure to go to San Fran.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 0

Re: DT Quinnen Williams

Postby FreddieB25 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:48 am

In the NFL you have to get to the QB quicker than in college as most NFL QB's are quicker in their progressions because they have to be. NFL is so much faster than college and the players are stronger.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby FreddieB25 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:52 am

We had 12 sacks all fuckin season. Rarely had hurries as well. Has to be one of the worst Raider defenses I ever saw. That should be first priority this offseason no doubt.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby piratepride » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:24 pm

The guys I'm looking at that will more than likely be there are
Clelin Ferrell DE
Josh Allen DE
Jonah Williams LT/ RT / Guard
Greedy Williams CB
Devin White LB
I wanted Bosa so freaking bad, but no way we trade up with the cards to go get him.
My second choice would be Josh Allen or clelin Ferrell based on need, however the better player now would be to plug in Jonah Williams for the next 10 years at RT to give Carr the time he needs to whichever WR we get with the bears selection.
Jonah has something like 2 pass hurries accredited to him in the last 132 attempts in the SEC, the guy dominates plain and simple.
Our rookie RT was never supposed to play this year but did and was tossed around on pass plays.Williams would shore up this leaky line and mask other offensive problems.

Josh Allen is a stronger version of Arden Key, while Ferrell out of Clemson looks like a poor man's Khalil Mack.
Greedy Williams reminds me of Denzel Ward who if selected would matchup well with Tyreek Hill and Keenan Allen.

Devin White is the guy/ position this franchise has overlooked for years, I just don't see us drafting this position at #4 overall unfortunately.
Outside of these few dudes, who the hell else is worth the #4 selection?

Antonio Brown of the Steelers may be trade bait come draft time, I wouldn't mind giving up our #1 (Dallas's) for him if they're tired of his antics.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby FreddieB25 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:37 pm

I think trading for a QB is on the table as well. NYG, Jax and maybe Denver could be on the table. Carr might of played his last game as a Raider and it wasn't a memorable performance.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby silver & black » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:24 am

Antonio Brown of the Steelers may be trade bait come draft time, I wouldn't mind giving up our #1 (Dallas's) for him if they're tired of his antics.

I don't think we need or can deal with that problem right now. He is probably the best WR in the game, but he doesn't care about his team mates or the team. All he cares about is himself. He's a loose cannon that would be nothing but trouble. If he isn't happy with Ben throwing him the ball, he would never handle Carr as his QB.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby piratepride » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:08 am

Deep down I know your right, but he is the best WR in the game. Steelers may let him go at a decent price with thier backs against the wall on this. No way he's on the team next year.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby silver & black » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:01 am

The Steelers fans I've talked to said they want draft picks and a "good" player.... plus, whatever team would make that deal would also need to help with the cap hit because he's 20 million and all dead money if he's traded. I seriously doubt that AB is going anywhere, even though a lot of Steelers fans are tired of his act. I just don't think the Raiders are in a position to take the risk even if the Steelers were willing.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby piratepride » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:39 am

Your probably right.
I'm watching the Kentucky game right now and I didn't know Josh Allen was the SEC defensive player of the year. This dude looks every bit the part of a quality NFL DE starter. He's lightning fast 8nto the backfield and into the QB'S lap!
He elected to play in his team's bowl game and will also be attending the senior bowl. I hope San Fran doesn't get him at #2.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby FreddieB25 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:55 pm

Puppet Mayock will just draft what's on Gruden's grocery list. Which will be offensive players most likely.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Next

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum