Gareon Conley to Steelers?

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Gareon Conley to Steelers?

Postby piratepride » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:57 am

Steelers looking to trade for Conley but reports are Raiders driving a hard bargain.
Maybe we'll work something out for Bell also now that we have the phone lines open?
Some of you don't like Bell, but he's young and one of the top 3 running backs in the NFL period. He's an amazing receiver out of the backfield as well as a vision type runner. I like our young backs, but he's way better at seeing the holes. He's worth top $$$ and Gruden will have no issue paying his bell cow.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 0

Re: Gareon Conley to Steelers?

Postby silver & black » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:24 pm

I hope it happens. He's another injured project.... courtesy of Reggie.

Full disclosure.... I honestly thought Conley was going to be a lights out player for us. He was a stellar player for the Buckeyes.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby DeadRinger » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:05 pm

I don’t think Conley’s part of the problem, but I also don’t think he has any heart. I watched him today, he got some PDs, looked decent. I think he shows up for a job every day and gives about 80%. And whoever can get 100% out of him will have a damn good player.

To me, trading Conley falls under the heading of “blowing too many holes in the roster.” We don’t have a shitload of CBS, so that we can afford to just ship out one of our top 3 guys and the kid’s still cheap and will likely come cheap on his next contract as well. I’m not saying Conley should be our #1 next season, but he’d be a damn good nickel guy. This is team BUILDING.

Unless, of course, they want to throw yet another 1st our way. Then, how the fuck do you refuse that? You don’t.

And before you guys start talking about Gruden fucking up draft picks i’ll Remind you of what i’ve Said before. Those picks are trade ammo as well. You don’t actually have to use them. Until draft day, picks are nothing more than gold bricks in the war chest. It’s all ammo that a smart personnel guy uses turns into a damn fine team.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby FreddieB25 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:17 pm

DeadRinger wrote:I don’t think Conley’s part of the problem, but I also don’t think he has any heart. I watched him today, he got some PDs, looked decent. I think he shows up for a job every day and gives about 80%. And whoever can get 100% out of him will have a damn good player.

To me, trading Conley falls under the heading of “blowing too many holes in the roster.” We don’t have a shitload of CBS, so that we can afford to just ship out one of our top 3 guys and the kid’s still cheap and will likely come cheap on his next contract as well. I’m not saying Conley should be our #1 next season, but he’d be a damn good nickel guy. This is team BUILDING.

Unless, of course, they want to throw yet another 1st our way. Then, how the fuck do you refuse that? You don’t.

And before you guys start talking about Gruden fucking up draft picks i’ll Remind you of what i’ve Said before. Those picks are trade ammo as well. You don’t actually have to use them. Until draft day, picks are nothing more than gold bricks in the war chest. It’s all ammo that a smart personnel guy uses turns into a damn fine team.

Who cares what Gruden is doing with picks. The guys a liar and a piece of shit. Dead you defend this fuckin scumbag? Like he's the almighty, blowing up roster and draft well and acquire free agents to make us a deep playoff run team for awhile. I don't!!!! This guy is a fuckin disgrace!!!

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby FreddieB25 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:32 pm

Someone tell me why johnny townshend is on this team? Worst punter in football and a vital position for flipping the field and pinning opponent deep after a nice punt. Chuck the suck evaluating his punter or he doesn't care because his ineptness contributes to the tank. Embaraasment Gruden is thats all to say. This is the fuckin trash you give people in oakland to have to stomach before they move. Fuckin SCUMBAG!!!

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby DeadRinger » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:16 pm

Yeah I defend him.

All coaches lie. Get over it.

“Like he’s the almighty...”. What the FUCK are you talking about man? You’re starting to sound like a snowflake.

And fuck Oakland.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby FreddieB25 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:49 pm

DeadRinger wrote:Yeah I defend him.

All coaches lie. Get over it.

“Like he’s the almighty...”. What the FUCK are you talking about man? You’re starting to sound like a snowflake.

And fuck Oakland.

Why you defend Gruden Dead? What has that fuckin self hype scumbag ever done to build a roster in this league? They should give the money back that he being hired through merchandise and season tix. Way to fuck over your loyal fanbase that have hung with the Raiders since the 60's and many still were loyal when we moved to LA.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:27 am

We've already been over this man. That's the problem. We just keep talking in circles, and all you want to do is vent. I get it, man, I really do. In fact, everyone here - You guys know me well. You KNOW I get the anger and frustration better than probably anyone else on the board. Nobody here can deny that when I see shit i call it shit and when I see it again and again I fuckin scream.

But the FACT is that things are VERY different now than they have been in a long time. We're seeing the first REAL changes since 2003. Everything else has bee total bullshit up to now. Everything else has been hanging ornaments on the Reggie McKenzie Christmas tree. Not anymore.

I'm going to make several points here, and they'll all answer your question, Fred. But NONE of these statements are new. I've already made each and every one of these points in other threads, but maybe if I put them all together for you here in one post it will give you a better picture and a clear answer. Of all these points, #2 is the biggest deal to me.

1. Gruden's first stint here was phenomenal. You'll want to tell me he didn't build the team, Al did. I call bullshit because the Al Davis I knew would NEVER have signed noodle-armed, cerebral Rich Gannon to be his #1 QB So Gruden absolutely DID help build that SB team, and did a fuckin fantastic job of it.

2. Fuck Del Rio, he sucked balls. We needed a change. We needed Mark fucking Davis to go out and make a BIG, BOLD fucking move and guess what buddy? He fuckin' well threw his 5-ton brass balls on the table and swung for the fences, and there's no way in hell I'm about to shit all over that kind of ballsy move halfway through the first season.

3. Jon Gruden has an albatross around his neck right now in 2018, and its name is Reggie. And all the living dead cocksuckers surrounding him trying to eat his ass are the shitty players Reggie saddled us with over the years, and the shitty way he treated players, and the shitty way he managed contracts. And if you've ever read anything by Alfred Lord Byron or maybe listened to some Iron Maiden, you may understand that reference.

4. I don't give a shit about winning games anymore this season. I've already said it. Wins are worthless, even detrimental - i can take them or leave them. I can see that losses still piss you off, and I get that too, but they don't faze me in the slightest. I'm not looking for wins. All I'm doing at this point is looking at individual players to try to figure out what kind of team we're going to have next season. That's all. I WILL say I kinda jumped out of my chair a little when Carr threw that TD strike to Seth Roberts yesterday. That was a really nice play.

5. There are many other smaller reasons why I defend Gruden that only add straws to the camel's back - I mention them all the time when I post. For instance, I liked Gruden's first draft - just one example.

That's the bulk of my thought process Fred. So you might not like this stuff and you clearly don't agree with it but for God's sake, there's really no sense in continuing to ask me why, ok?

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby FreddieB25 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:39 am

We have a fundamental dfference of opinion on Gruden. You have a much higher opinion of him than I do. Same with Carr. Those guys are turds heading a turd organization owned by a turd. Dead you are putting your trust in someone who won a super bowl with someone else's team 15 yrs ago and never built a team from scratch. Absolutely pathetic.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby FreddieB25 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:58 am

1. Gruden's first stint here was phenomenal. You'll want to tell me he didn't build the team, Al did. I call bullshit because the Al Davis I knew would NEVER have signed noodle-armed, cerebral Rich Gannon to be his #1 QB So Gruden absolutely DID help build that SB team, and did a fuckin fantastic job of it.
Phenomenal job? Really? He gets traded for cash and pics and Bill Callahan took Al Davis team to the Super bowl. Noodle armed Gannon was brought in to compliment Gruden's WCO. Was Gruden on the phone with Gannon's agent to make that deal happen or was it Al Davis. #1 QB? We had Donald Hollas and Jeff George so ofcourse AD was going to give Gannon a shot. Gruden didn't build fuckin shit in Oakland or Tampa. Get over this ass clown. Any retard can trade assets and get 1st round picks. Gruden's tenure here won't last long. He'll fail as well as his over rated QB the Carr-bage

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Next

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum