2019: What would I do if I was Gruden?

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Re: 2019: What would I do if I was Gruden?

Postby piratepride » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:03 pm

DeadRinger wrote:Let's see what this offense looks like.

WR - Diggs/Roberts

TE - James/Lee
RT - Parker
RG - Gabe
OC - Hudson >QB - Herbert/McCarron
LG - Osemele >RB - Rookie/Richard/Washington
LT - Miller

SR - Nelson/Rookie

WR - Cooper/Bryant

After doing some research and in light of today's trade of Amari Cooper I'll give it a shot. Here's what I would do to turn it around as quickly as possible.

WR 1- Keep Jordy Nelson
TE- Rookie Noah Fant /Lee smith let Cook walk
RT- Sign Roger Saffold as he should come cheap, has been opening holes for Gurley consistently.
RG- Gabe Jackson/ Feliciano
C- Hudson / Feliciano
LG- Osemele
LT- Miller

WR 2- Bryant/ Marcell Ateman- everyone remember how well he performed in training camp? Same build as Bryant , perfect backup.

Slot WR- Save $$$ by cutting Seth Roberts, find another in the draft or free agent pick-up on the cheap, or get Tyrell Williams, Rivers go to target when teams double Keenan Allen.

RB- Leveon Bell / Chris warren III/ Jalen Richard/Deandre Washington.

we can afford to be the highest bidder for Bell with Mack and Cooper gone, he's worth it IMO and would do wonders for Carr and Grudens offense. I loved Lynch, but let's face it, after another year he'd just be that much older. I believe we have the trade ammo now, and if Pittsburg doesn't trade him this year, the cash to sign him as a FA.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 0

Postby piratepride » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:19 pm

DeadRinger wrote:And the defense...

RDE - Key/Irvin
DT - Richardson
DT - Hall/Hurst
LDE - Flowers

OLB - Whitehead
MLB - Rookie/Lee
OLB - Morrow/Rookie

CB - Darby/Worley
FS - Clinton-Dix
SS - Gilchrist/Joseph/Harris
CB - Conley/DRC
CB - Melvin/Nelson

We should be able to get pressure on QBs with that DL.

Here's my take on defense with an estimation on where we'll be picking with our three #1's.

RE- Trey Flowers FA $$$ or Dee Ford FA $$$ from KC who is only 28/ Arden Key

DT- Domata Peko/ FA $$$ on the cheap/ Jelly Ellis who signed for 2 more years this year

DT- Hurst/ Hall/ Vanderdoes

DE- Rookie Nick Bosa or Clelin Ferrell, were drafting one of these studs with our own selection within the top 4, that's how much we'll suck and desperately need help rushing the passer.

OLB- Marquel Lee- good enough to man one spot till next year's draft

MLB- CJ Mosley enough dicking around, Guenther gets his man now that we've got $$$ to blow.

OLB- Josh Allen - has all the makings of another smaller school standout LB.(With Cowboys 1st rounder top 25)
Alternate option- CB Deandre Baker or Top notch WR.

CB 1- Daryl Worley- at 24 years old too good to throw away.

FS- Our defensive backs coach would love to bring in some of his old guys in Landon Collins / Ha Ha Clinton Dix FA $$$$,

SS- Even though we have the funds to splurge here, I stick with Nelson 1 more year until we can draft his replacement next year on a top flight rookie safety. if we do go the FA route I like Chris Haris from Denver ( who was rumored to be on the block before).
CB 2- Jason Verret FA $$$

Slot- Gareon Conley- too good to just let walk out the door.

Our 3rd 1st rounder from Chicago was used on Noah Fant ( TE) in the mold of Gronkowski / Kelce / Tony Gonzalez. Go read up on him, maybe I'll post a link later.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby FreddieB25 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:24 pm

Gruden will go O in the draft. Maybe go D on a value pick but he's an O coach and its an offensive league. Most of these guys probably aren't a priority for Gruden.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Previous

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum