Raiders O, at least, still optimistic

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Raiders O, at least, still optimistic

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:24 am

From everything I've read post-game, everyone on offense is still optimistic they'll get their shit together.

Even Marshawn fucking Lynch talked to reporters. Told them things could click "at any given moment" and they could have the most explosive offense in the league. This is LYNCH, now. He said all they need to do is make sure they have each other's backs, and it would all come together.

Well, I can tell you that if the offense could actually play for 4 fucking quarters, then the defense might be able to as well, because if the O is scoring in the 3rd and 4th then the D doesn't HAVE to pitch a shut-out, and they'll get more time to sit on the bench and suck down some oxygen.

Plus, the days will start to get cooler, and the opponents will start to get easier.

Here's what I'd do if I was Gruden:

I'd have about 3 separate game plans. One for the game as a whole, one for the 3rd qtr and one for the 4th qtr.

What a concept, huh? If you suck in the 4th, how about you make a PLAN to NOT suck in the 4th? Bercaus every fucking time we GET to the 4th, all the fucking creativity is gone and we've got nothing left but vanilla bullshit runs up the middle and 5-yd routes. And we start getting really predictable on downs. Same types of plays one each down. So PLAN some BETTER SHIT! Jesus Christ, how hard is that to figure out?

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Re: Raiders O, at least, still optimistic

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:47 am

We're hitting a part of our schedule where we have 8 straight beatable opponents. Not one of them is as good as any of the 3 teams we've faced so far.

So if they can figure out anything over the course of this week, we might actually be able to do some damage.

Could we be 8-3 after this stretch? Stranger things have happened.

The likelihood is astronomical after an 0-3 start but it's cool to think about.

It would be really cool if Gruden made a couple of big trades. We need LB and pass rush help. Arden Key is disappointing. We need a RT.

Maybe we need to sign one of the available safeties. As much as I despise Eric Reid, he's better than anything we have by a country mile. Of course, who knows what kind of shape he's in?

Bottom line: Let's not stand still and take this shit. DO SOMETHING!

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby silver & black » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:21 am

I'm sure we will win a few games. I'm also sure this season was given up from the start..... it was just kept from the fans.

I'm just as sure that Gruden had no plans for Mack on this team from the start. No way he was going to pay him that kind of money. He knew he could get #1's for him and just let him go... no matter what he says or how he spins it. He wants/wanted the picks so he can get the guys he wants.... no matter that he already had the best D player in the NFL... it wasn't his guy, so........... Anyway, just my opinion about Gruden.... and why I never wanted him back.

Until we hit Vegas, I expect nothing but shit from this team. The problem is the owner..... has been for fucking years. No matter who the coach, QB, players, it's always the same fucking thing with this team. It is run as poorly as any pro franchise in any sport that there is. I don't think even Vegas and the grandest stadium in the NFL will/can fix this shit. The Raiders need a new owner..... at the very least a real, honest to God GM that knows what the fuck he's doing! one that knows how to operate a professional sports team and knows how to hire competent people to get the job done. THAT is what will fix this mess.... not players, coaches and stadiums.

Freddie, after watching a good bit of the replay of the game yesterday, I'm inclined to agree with you about Carr... grudgingly. He's a pussy. We have to draft a QB that wants to win... and hates losing. Carr was that QB until he got hurt... and paid. He isn't that guy anymore.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby FreddieB25 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:30 pm

Gruden has a history of sitting on leads and going conservative on offense when sitting on leads. We should be 2-1 right now if we had our shit together. Another lost season most likely.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby FreddieB25 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:30 pm

Who cares if the offense is optimistic. They can't score on a high school defense in 2nd half of games when they need points. I don't listen to these assholes. Its all about scoreboard, no moral victories....show me on the scoreboard at the end of the game that you won. Thats all that matters in football.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum