Baker Mayfield

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Baker Mayfield

Postby FreddieB25 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:56 pm

Anyone else see the midget come off the bench down 14-0 and lead the Browns to a victory 21-17 over the Jets. The kid is a rook, first game, stepping up in the pocket throwing 10 to 15 yds down the field in tight windows under duress. Sound familiar? Our 5th yr QB can't do that now let alone as a rook. Thats what I'm fuckin talking about. Mayfield got balls, desire and moxie and is a fuckin leader. This kid showed me in 3 quarters how the position should be played and lead. Breath of fresh air after watching our resident fuckin bum QB stinking up the joint for the better part of four years. This kid Mayfield is special and I don't say that about many rook QB's in this league.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Highscores: 0

Re: Baker Mayfield

Postby FreddieB25 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:33 am

Mayfield reminds me of a young Drew Brees no doubt and he'll only get better.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby piratepride » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:28 am

Freddie, I watched the game last night also and think the Browns finally have something to get excited about.
If your against Carr for his beliefs that's one thing, but Carr is the best thing ( besides Mack) that has happened to this team since Gannon.
I think Mayfield has talent, and will be exciting to watch like a Manziel type, but let's factor in a few things.
1. The jet defense game planned specifically for Tyrod and shut
Him the hell down for 2 quarters. The play calls changed because of it and he was riding on momentum. Same thing usually happens when backups come in in general, happens to the raiders going back years. Remember when we thought Gradkowski was the answer after that crazy Pittsburgh comeback win?
2. Carr is playing the way Gruden wants, effective high percentage throws, throwing the ball away if it's not there, punting the ball away to live and fight another day. He had a damn good QB percentage against a very tough Denver D in Denver! This offense will be humming along by mid year.
3. Did you see Mayfield audibling out of bad plays like Carr?
Carr is the more polished QB, and has proven he can get us to the playoffs, let's give him time in a new system.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby piratepride » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:29 am

Mayfield will feel the pressure next Sunday, and let's see who the better QB is when they roll into town in a few weeks.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby FreddieB25 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:33 am

Carr is 5 yrs in and Mayfield is a rook so Carr better look better. Imo Mayfield will be better in the future. Carr is overhyped garbage. My problem with Carr isn't his beliefs. He's a fraud whose grossly overpaid and a fuckin phoney. Can't stand the fuckin kid. He's not a winner or a leader.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby Forbiddenraider » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:18 pm

My problem is Carr’s inconsistency. I hope Mayfield fails. I hate that little hipster fuck. Of course Mayfield will have all day back there if our line continues to suck ass. Reggie Nelson is slow as fuck!! How about Obi Melifonwu? Reggie hit the nail on the head with that one! We couldn’t find anyone better to play RT than Donald Penn? Well, Reggie gave him a shitload of money so might as well stick him in there. Where we started to go wrong was with M Lynch. We should have kept Murray. Reggie couldn’t resist the hype & he knew those nggger fans in Oakland would be happy with it. Back to Carr, of course I gotta throw in a Reggie rant but Carr better start playing more consistently. I would take Gannon over Carr at this point.

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Postby FreddieB25 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:08 pm

Carr had one lucky year where everything went our way on offense and we barely won most of those twelve games. He gets injured and you reward him with 25 mill per for 5 yrs. How about 14 mill with incentives and a 3 yr deal. Cocksucker never won a playoff game or a division. He has no incentive to go the extra mile because he got paid. He's all about staying healthy and absorbing the 125 mill for 5 yrs. Worthless fuck can't and won't take a hit hence Captain Checkdown. He's an utter fuckin piece of garbage with no balls to stand in there like a real NFL QB. Guy fuckin makes me sick!!! He's stealing money!!! And his pressers are fuckin bush league. Hope he breaks his fuckin neck the fuckin cocksucker.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby DeadRinger » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:14 am

Inconsistency?

Look man, the kid has a new HC and a new OC every damn season. Olson to Musgrave to Downing to Gruden... wtf do you want from him? He just had a 90% completion rate in his 2nd game in a completely new scheme.

I’d say the kid is doing a great job. Leave him the fuck alone.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby DeadRinger » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:16 am

Yeah Fred, Carr had one “lucky” year where he finally had the same OC for 2 straight seasons. So fucking lucky he actually had consistency from one year to the next. Because that’s the only time it has happened in his pro career.

Give it a rest.

Carr in his 5th season, with his 4th scheme. That’s enough to fuck up any QB. The greatest ones were in their system for a decade or more. Brady, Brees, Montana, Favre, Marino, Bradshaw, Aikman...

So leave Carr alone. When he has actually had a CHANCE to succeed, he has fucking well succeeded.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby FreddieB25 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:35 am

Dead you gave up on this team in 2016 seven weeks in and banished yourself because you thought we were going 5-11 that year. I don't care how many systems Carr's been in. He's a fuckin pussy fraud who can't or won't take a hit. Worst QB I've seen in a dirty pocket in big spots. He's a fuckin fraud! a loser!!! Fuck his stats, he's a loser!!!

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Next

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum