Raiders @ Donkeys

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Re: Raiders @ Donkeys

Postby FreddieB25 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:21 pm

Mahomes is a better QB than Carr right now after 2 games. Carr won't win us shit because he's a fuckin piker pussy.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Highscores: 0

Postby FreddieB25 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:31 pm

Gruden is a TV boy cocksucker!!! Armchair coach/GM who hasn't done fuckin jack shit in this league in fifteen fuckin years. This team will quit on this motherfucker sooner than later.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby Forbiddenraider » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:21 pm

Carr played good today. He needs to do it more consistently. It doesn’t even matter, we weren’t gonna win shit this year anyway & 8-8 or 5-12 is the same to me might as well get a better draft position. If it’s true that Reggie will be gone before next years draft that means at least there’s hope. A blind rat could draft better than Reggie. With him we have no chance. I wasn’t that big on Gruden coming back but I’ll take him any day over Reggie greasy ass.

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:36 am

Carr with a 90% completion rate, 288 yds and a 114 rating against that Denver pass rush. Yeah, what a loser.

At least refrain from the bullshit after the kid lights it up for Christ’s sake. Jesus.

I didn’t come in here acting like he’s the next coming of Christ after one great game, the least you can do is cut him some slack until the next time he sucks.

I’m telling you, gruden’s Pulling this thing together. Every week, he’s seeing things, fixing things, guys are understanding more as they see it on tape and on the field.

The problem is this team doesn’t know how to play w a lead. They try to protect it instead of extend it. And that’s going to get you killed when the other team is flying balls-out to catch up.

Fred’s right about one thing, the Chiefs are exactly the type of team that’s going to shred us for 60 full minutes.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby FreddieB25 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:57 pm

My view this is a waste season. Evaluation and play out string. Carr and Gruden are going through the motions. Supposed leaders, but just doing their jobs, good or bad and counting their money. Fuck stats!! I don't see any fire or desire or immediacy from any Raider interviews the last couple weeks. Lame duck franchise without 2 shits given for this season.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby DeadRinger » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:13 am

FreddieB25 wrote:My view this is a waste season. Evaluation and play out string. Carr and Gruden are going through the motions. Supposed leaders, but just doing their jobs, good or bad and counting their money. Fuck stats!! I don't see any fire or desire or immediacy from any Raider interviews the last couple weeks. Lame duck franchise without 2 shits given for this season.

I might agree with that.

They do seem like they're "working on things" as opposed to competing fiercely for wins. I'll give you that one.

BUT the team improved week-to-week. Let's see what happens next week.

If we don't beat the Phins then we're well and truly fucked for the season.

They're 2-0 somehow. If we can pull off a win against them on the road, and show yet another week of improvement, then I think we'll all have to admit that Gruden and Carr just might know what they're doing.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby FreddieB25 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:22 am

We'll lose in Miami and maybe back home against Cleveland. I don't see any immediacy in these pressers. Absolutely pathetic to waste fans time and money in Oakland when their just biding their time to get to Vegas. I've been a Raider fan since 1977. They are testing my patience where I'm seriously thinking about not watching anymore. Tired of it.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby silver & black » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:45 am

I've been a Raiders fan since '68... so I understand how you feel, Freddie.

Let me ask you.... and all the rest of you... what did you really expect this year? Did you expect that Gruden would come in and we would be Superbowl bound? Did you expect to win the division? Did you expect to make a run at the playoffs?

I figured this would be the way it would go. But, as a fan I also hoped that we would make a playoff run... no matter how unlikely, because that's how fans are... and the reason we are fans.

Deep down all of us on here (real, no rose colored glasses fans) knew this is how it would be. Reggie made a monumental mess of this team. It is going to take Gruden a year or so (by the time we get to Vegas) to sort through the trash and right the ship. I have a lot of confidence in him being able to do it.... and I wasn't particularly happy about him coming back, for various reasons.

I know you hate Carr.... and I understand your ire, but he IS a good QB. He's by far as good as we've had since Gannon. I believe he can be every bit as good as Gannon. He needs a few more years of maturity to be the leader Gannon was. Gannon wasn't in his 20's when took over this team. I believe he was 34? Give Carr a little time.... he'll be a good one.

As far as going through the motions.... I can probably agree with you on that. That doesn't mean they don't want to win, but I don't think there is any dire urgency to do so. I think it's like Forbidden said, they are evaluating what is and what is not needed this year. It sucks, but you have to start somewhere if you expect to arrive at your destination in the near future.

We have two #1's for Mack. I don't see Reggie having anything to do with the draft from here on out.... if he's even still here after this season (PLEASE, be gone!). Gruden will build a solid team with sound players... even if we don't like the picks. Look how Miller is working out, and not many of us liked the pick. Gruden knows football better than any of us! We just have to give him the time and trust he's doing it right.

That's easier said than done, I know. ;)

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby FreddieB25 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:18 am

I expected Mack on the roster, obviously no Norton jr or Downing, a competent DC in Guenther and a version of the 2016 team that went 12-4 with a disciplinarian HC in Gruden to right the ship. Instead this is a blow up rebuild with a bunch of old guys on 1 yr contracts that don't have the energy to finish games. We were fine through 3 qtrs in both games and basically took a shit in the 4th qtr in both. Denver loss shouldn't have happened. That was our game.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby FreddieB25 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:25 am

Gannon was a leader and his intensity permeated the team. Winning and losing meant something to Gannon. Fierce competitor that was commited to the cause. I don't see any of that with Carr, not even fuckin close. Dude got paid and its just a job to him now. No fire, nothing!!! I want a winner here who gives a shit about winning games and a championship.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum