Derek Carr has his own office at team facility

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Derek Carr has his own office at team facility

Postby piratepride » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:42 pm

Apparently Carr has been given his own office this year. He arrives at 5 am, cuts up film and has the offense study in detail. He and Gruden spent a lot of early morning hours getting on the same page and even asking for Carrs input on shorter playcalling names.
Gruden has said he has been the quickest QB study hea ever seen. I have a good feeling were about to reap the rewards of all their hard work just like we did when Gannon was at the helm.
If we could do the impossible and crush the Rams I'll feel better about this whole Mack thing.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 0

Re: Derek Carr has his own office at team facility

Postby FreddieB25 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:47 pm

Sounds like a cover. Those two are love birds. Sounds like some early morning man on man fucking going on. Carr should be studying film at 5am like Gannon used to because ain't worth no 25 mill per right now. He should of restructured so we could of paid Mack.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby piratepride » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:49 pm

Lol, let's see what Carr can do. I've been reading up on all of the local beat writers training camp notebooks, some of them were saying he was in mid season form by the second week! Time to see it, then believe it!

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby Forbiddenraider » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:27 am

With Donald Penn at RT his office is gonna because his hospital room.

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Postby FreddieB25 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:17 pm

Forbiddenraider wrote:With Donald Penn at RT his office is gonna because his hospital room.

If that happens Adolf Gruden has his boy toy AJ McCarron to save the season. LOL! Fuckin lil midget fake drill seargeant thinks he's slick with all these roster changes. Motherfucker never built a roster on his own to win a damn thing in his life. Gruden couldn't even make 1st string QB at Dayton back in the day. Like Dayton is a QB factory...Lol! Cocksucker better get us some wins in abundance since he' thinks he's so slick.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby DeadRinger » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:14 pm

I’m in some kind of alternate reality here. These comments are fucking bizarre.

I hope Gruden gives the kid time to sleep before games, at least. There’s a time to grind and a time to rest up.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby piratepride » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:45 pm

This was a story by the Athletic during the summer/ training camp. Carr was doing everything possible to master the offense. Gruden felt comfortable enough to only let him play a few snaps all pre season. I believe Carr is going to turn heads on Monday night. You heard it here 1st gentlemen!
Go watch " turning point" on YouTube. Carr was heard telling Downing he knew which play to call, ended up bieng the game winner to Crabtree in the end zone against the Chiefs. Carr was pretty much changing and calling his own plays out there guys. That's some pretty hard shit to do! Downing was completely in over his head!
Gruden and Carr think alike and will put us in a position to move the ball down the field on a consistent basis.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby FreddieB25 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:18 pm

Piratepride sure hope your right about Carr and Gruden. If we can score points we have a punchers chance to hang in quite a few games and win our share.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby silver & black » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:45 am

I understand why you feel like you do, Freddie, but I'm going to wait and see what happens before I fly off the handle...lol.

I'm probably one of the few that didn't want Gruden back... mostly because I don't think "coming back" ever works out well, but..... TWT.

I do think he has a great football mind and he knows a great deal about the game. I'm not sure about some of the roster moves either, but....... he knows waayyyy more than any of us about the team and personnel.

I went off the rails a little with the Mack trade, but I'm over it..... time for Raiders football!

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby DeadRinger » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:27 pm

I would have been MORE concerned if Gruden had come in here and kept all the scrubs Reggie stuck him with. The fact that he started ditching a bunch of Reggie’s high-round flops tells me he really DOES know what he’s looking at when he evaluates a player.

The Mack thing was a freak issue. And by the way, it all started before Gruden ever even got here. Reggie had his chances to make things happen. He had time to make inroads, to solidify the relationship. Instead he ignored it like Mack was some UDFA we were thinking about keeping on our practice squad.

Reggie’s a fucking disgrace. So yeah, Gruden has an excuse. For this offseason. I give him a pass on Mack, particularly given the compensation we got. Of course, I give us about a 40% chance of turning either of those picks into a solid long-term starter, but that’s beside the point. When it comes to value in compensation, we did ok.

AND we jettisoned a huge distraction and headache in a guy who was by-God going to break the bank come hell or high water. And after the way Reggie treated him like a bitch, it’s possible Mack was determined to work his way the fuck out of this organization anyway. I mean, as far as I could tell, he wasn’t exactly all warm-hearted, showing up for camp and everything saying all the right things like “i’m Just gonna show up fo my boyz an we see if’n thangz falls into place o suffin’“.

Nah. There was no talk like that at all.

So here we are w picks galore and cap space now and into the future. And now we’ll damn sure see, starting with THIS year’s picks, if Gruden can build a winner.

Given the fact that i’ve Watched him do it before when he didn’t have anything even CLOSE to Carr’s talent at QB, i’m Actually quite comfortable with the situation. Not to mention the OL. Gruden has the foundation to QUICKLY build a top-5 offense. We could easily see that next season.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Next

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum