Derek Carr has his own office at team facility

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Re: Derek Carr has his own office at team facility

Postby silver & black » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:57 pm

Good post DR. That's pretty much where I'm at right now.

I was never pissed at Mack. I was/am pissed at Reggie for fucking it up... and Mark for allowing it.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC
Highscores: 0

Postby FreddieB25 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:38 pm

If we did sign Mack at say what the Bears did that would be up around 50 mill per year invested in two players, Carr and Mack. I can't think of another team in NFL history that can say that. Business wise it needed to be done. Reggie's mistake was giving Carr 25 mill per. Should of been 14 to 17 mill with incentives. Carr should have restructured to fit Mack in. I think Mack was done here after what Carr got and what Mark paid Gruden. He wasn't a priority and those two were.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby DeadRinger » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:42 pm

It’s very possible Mack felt that way Fred.

And i’ll Say this. BOTH a franchise QB and a righteous HC are more important than one elite DE.

Without those first 2, AS WE’VE SEEN, you don’t win.

So if Mack had to go in order for us to lock those guys up (AND gat 2 more first-round picks over the next 2 seasons AND free up $14M in cap space this season and save our asses for the next 5 years as well), so be it.

NOW let’s work on making Key the next Von Miller, and turning those picks into some stud players.

By the way, nothing says we actually have to use those picks in the draft. We can use them to make some serious trades as well. Any way you look at it, they are VERY valuable chips in the game.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Previous

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum