We waive Holton, sign Brandon LaFell

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

We waive Holton, sign Brandon LaFell

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:06 pm

This surprises me. Why waive Holton and keep Hatcher?

Guess Hatcher’s the return guy, period.

Last edited by DeadRinger on Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Re: We waive Holton, sign Brandon LaFell

Postby FreddieB25 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:19 pm

Because Gruden likes turning his sun visor on backwards and sucking off vet players instead of rooks and 2nd yr guys. Gruden is an egomaniac and dictator at this point. Dude is overrated. Getting 100 mill guaranteed and he thinks he's a football Mensa.. espn created the monster giving the platform for him on the draft, mnf,qb camp etc to spew knowledge. Gruden is nothing but a fuckin TV self promoting hype job.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:55 pm

People who are nothing but hype jobs don’t have Lombardi trophies on their mantles.

I think LaFell’s better than Roberts. He’s also better than Holton, but Holton’s Better than Hatcher. But Hatcher’s faster than Holton. So I guess we need him to return for us.

I like LaFell as a #3. Good hands. Decent speed. Getting old. One-year rental.

I’m guessing we’re going to turn one of our first-rd picks into a shiny new WR in the next draft.

Or maybe a top-shelf TE if there’s one that’s worthy. That’s something we haven’t had since Todd Christensen. It’s time to get another game-changer at TE.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby FreddieB25 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:34 pm

That Lombardi was 15 yrs ago with another mans team and he was lucky to play us and a clueless Bill Callahan that day. Gruden branded himself through his ESPN gig. Another fuckin talking head although knowledgeable living in the past. I hope Im wrong on Gruden part deux but this can be the start of a sorry shit show. Mark knew the Gruden mystique and sentimentality in Raider nation and his tv persona and the fact he is a household name amongst football fans and knew that brand might pay dividends in his teams transistion to Vegas. The fact is we're a fuckin joke as a franchise and have been amongst all NFL circles outside of most blind followers in Raider nation. Hopefully this all changes for the better in the coming years.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby Forbiddenraider » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:35 pm

I feel your anger towards Gruden Freddie I been furious myself. If Reggie wasn’t a buffoon he couldn’t have figured out a better way to work the money for Mack. He had years to prepare for this. Then Gruden walks into this mess & there’s beef with his ego & Mack’s. It was just never gonna happen. Look at the team REggie left for Gruden. Absolute piece of shit!! So REggie does his usual wheeling & dealing he’s been doing for the last six years & we got Mack & multiple REggie draft busts. Grudens gotta clear out S Smith, Amerson, Ward, Edwards jr, every bum Reggie had. I feel like the Mack trade was Gruden & the team completely rebuilding for Vegas. Gruden is fucking up cause he’s a tyrant & control freak but Reggie has been fucking up for years. We are stuck with Gruden so we need to at least get Reggie out as he has proven himself a complete failure in negotiations, the draft & free agency.

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Postby FreddieB25 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:57 pm

Agreed Forbidden. Gruden is an arrogant bastard who thrives on emotion in coaching and some of these personnel decisions. Although Reggie retard can't draft, Gruden has never been a GM or drafted well himself or built a winning roster himself. Gruden wanted us to draft Manziel and was in love with him. What the fuck is Doug Martin doing on the roster? Gruden sucking his dick or what. Gruden has blind loyalty to vets. Doug Martin didn't earn a spot on this roster. Im curious how we perform our first four games against a sliding scale of competition. Rams very good, Denver good, Miami average to Cleveland cmon now, one win in two years. 2-2 is my minimal expectation after these games.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:16 pm

What HC isn’t a control freak w an ego, Forbidden?

You think Belichik isn’t a tyrant or control freak?

Fred’s got a whole lot of rage here for whatever reason, and that’s fine. Everyone has a right to get pissed at whatever they want to get pissed at.

But you don’t have a right to revise history.

We’ve been over this shit already. Yeah Gruden won w Dungy’s team - a team Dungy could never win with.

But Fred you CONTINUE to ignore the FACT that Gruden LEFT a SB team here in OAK that Callahan then stepped in and took to the SB. GRUDEN BUILT THAT SB TEAM!

I don’t give a shit which way you want to look at it, Gruden’s a SB-winning HC, and he has PROVEN that he can build a SB team from the ground up. Period.

You can’t revise that history, it’s in the fucking books. You can’t revise that history, because I WATCHED HIM DO IT. I watched all the seasons. All the games. All the playoff games.

So i’ll tell you this, then i’m Done with this utter bullshit. I don’t know what the fuck YOU were watching, but I was in front of the TV when Jon Gruden inherited a team that featured Donald fuckin Hollas at QB and turned it into a 12-4 juggernaut that posted a 6-game win streak in ‘00.

I don’t know what the fuck YOU were watching, but I watched him take my Raiders roaring on the way to a SB, and the referees had to stop us from getting there in ‘01 because nobody else could.

I don’t know what the fuck YOU were watching, but Jon fucking Gruden put the team together that went up against that Tampa team in the SB in ‘02.

And all that is before he went to TB.

15 years ago or not, Jon fucking Gruden is a fucking winner in this league. So whatever it is you THINK Jon Gruden is now, it’s all in your head. It’s pure speculation. Thta’s all there is to it. And he hasn’t exactly been sleeping since then

The fucking guy is out there trying to build YET ANOTHER winning team, choking on Reggie’s failure in the process, and all you can do is give him ration after ration of crazy bullshit.

Sorry man, you’re on your own with that. We’re in better shape than we’ve been in years going into this season and next.

No Gruden has never drafted well. But so far so good with THIS class, and he’s GUARANTEED to be better than Reggie, so we’re golden.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby piratepride » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:15 pm

I feel you Freddy, I'm still feeling the sting a little bit. But the Raider fan comes out in me when I read all these lame ass tweets about the Raiders living to regret this big time. Maybe we will, maybe we won't?
We've always been under dogs, and this primetime game is no different. I actually agree were big Time underdogs , but boy would I like to shut up all of the talking heads and pull off the upset! Imagine what that would do for our confidence going into Denver. Boy would I love to hear what all the lame ass reporters think then.
They all have the Rams and the Patriots going to the superbowl. Winning this game may propel us just like that Saints game two years ago when Del Rio went for 2.

Dead- that was a great piece you typed up and I remember it well. If Gruden stuck around that year we would have went on a run for sure! Gruden is the right man for the job. Its about time we had a head coach with some balls, while I don't agree with this specific move..at least he made a move. Remember the Dennis Allen Lane Kiffin era? We finally have a solid head coach. Let's see how the 1st game goes.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum