Aaron Donald will average $28M/yr over the next 3 years

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Aaron Donald will average $28M/yr over the next 3 years

Postby DeadRinger » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:36 am

Including signing bonus and all the salaries that will become guaranteed and all that bullshit, he'll bank $84M in the first 3 seasons of his new deal, maybe a few million more.

Anyone think Mack is worth that kind of money to our team?

His yearly cap hit in the vicinity of $23M per.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Re: Aaron Donald will average $28M/yr over the next 3 years

Postby silver & black » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:11 am

No.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby DeadRinger » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:18 am

We aren't in the same situation the Rams are in. Their franchise QB is still on his cheap-ass rook deal. Ours is not.

So Mack may be worth this kind of money to SOME team, but to ours? With Irvin, Key, Edwards, Hurst and Hall? And even Fadol Brown making noise?

I'm not so sure guys.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby silver & black » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:38 pm

I'm sure....NO!

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby FreddieB25 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:06 pm

My only excuse is Mack's talent, leadership, getting players to excel using he as an example and locker room presence. Aside from that, that's a boatload of cash he wants and maybe deserves. Have enough tied up in Carr. He most likely be traded for a bottom line business and financial reasons. Our O-line and Carr is probably half the cap right there. Mack won't budge, he wants the crazy contract and some other team will take it on. I think he'll be traded in a week or two.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby FreddieB25 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:07 pm

My only excuse is Mack's talent, leadership, getting players to excel using he as an example and locker room presence. Aside from that, that's a boatload of cash he wants and maybe deserves. Have enough tied up in Carr. He most likely be traded for a bottom line business and financial reasons. Our O-line and Carr is probably half the cap right there. Mack won't budge, he wants the crazy contract and some other team will take it on. I think he'll be traded in a week or two.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby piratepride » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:00 pm

Damn.
I have a bad feeling about this now after hearing multiple teams are calling inquiring what it'll take.
Deep down I know we shouldn't pay him Aaron Donald money, but he is worth it IMO. Does the new coaching staff he is?
Reports are also coming out that were looking to trade or cut Mario Edward's JR, guy gained some weight and probably didn't hit it off with the new staff. This scares the hell out of me.
Arden Key is going to be a star no doubt, but he is a slimmer tweaner pass rusher. He ain't no Mack or Bruce Irvin who can pass rush and set the edge.

Big Mo Hurst has some quick twitch push to find the crease and beat his man to the QB, but gets completely washed out by double teams.
PJ Hall is in the same boat as Mo Hurst.

I dont know what to make of Frostee Rucker, but he's gotta be a stop gap player no?
This is a huge gamble the Raiders may or may not make.
Todd Gurley and company coming to town and we trot out freaking rookies lol. I'm a positive thinker most of the time, but if they do this shit and trade away the best player we've ever had I'm done.

Last edited by piratepride on Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby piratepride » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:08 pm

The way I see it working, is sign Mack to a backloaded deal ensuring he gets most of his cash in Vegas. I'm sure he'll appreciate the tax break.
Then we keep following Gruden's plan this offseason, cheap 1 year deals for the secondary and draft the replacements moving forward.
We may even have to restructure Gabe Jackson's contract or find a cheaper replacement asap.
Well have to probably bite the bullet and let Cooper go. But I'd rather have Mack.
Besides, WR's are a dime a dozen during the offseason., hell I bet the packers cut Cobb next year.
Give me Mack all day everyday.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby piratepride » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:16 pm

Reggie kept saying he was prepared for this right? WTF lol?
The crazy thing is I bet he was betting the farm on him not holding out until next year. Wrong!

I've read somewhere that well have a shot ton of cap money next year though, maybe this is what he was hoping for?
I just dont think were better off with 3 late first round picks. Might as well be second rounders.
Twitter is exploding right now with rumors all over the place.
Packers
Browns
49ers
Bears
Jets

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum