QBs in this league

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

QBs in this league

Postby DeadRinger » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:08 am

So personally I think we keep Chris Warren and cut Connor Cook - because he’s completely worthless - and just keep 2 QBs.

But that’s not really what this post is about.

I look around and see at least 3 backup QBs who should be starting somewhere. In order of best to not quite best”

Bridgewater
Foles
Chase Daniel

If I was Tampa, i’d Already have Bridgewater starting on my team and Winston would be out of a job. Teddy is ready to win right fucking now.

If I was MIA, i’d Already have Foles on my team, getting ready to take Tennehill’s place just as soon as he had the playbook down.

The rest of the teams are interesting. I look at DAL with Dak, WAS with Smith and maybe CIN with Dalton.

Chase Daniel is a dude who sat and learned behind Brees and Payton for years on end. Every time he has gotten a chance he’s been solid. Only knock on the kid coming out of Missouri was his height. Well, thta’s Not a problem for him.

Daniel is too good to be sitting behind an entrenched first-round “franchise”guy like Trubisky. He should have been signed by one of these teams that has questions at the QB position, brought in to start up a competition.

So all this is to say, these GMs and owners have no balls, sticking with the status quo that continues to give them mediocrity season after season,

Some other tings I see

Darnold is a DAMN good NFL QB right fucking now. The decision-making, the accuracy, the mobility... man, I don’t think i’ve Ever seen a more polished rook. He’s blowing my mind.

Mayfield is going to be fun to watch but Tyrod Taylor is the best QB on that team right now. He looks a lot better than I ever saw him look in BUF. His touch is really nice, he has timing... looks like a real pocket passer out there. Our good friend Hue has a TON of stuff to work with over there in CLE.

Marcus Marriota is a mediocre talent. Actually reminds me of Tannehill to some degree. Or a more mobile Flacco. I’ve never liked him, he’s not a prolific guy.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Re: QBs in this league

Postby DeadRinger » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:46 am

Watching Teddy take apart the Giants. Good God, I had no idea he was this accurate.

He just had a rare incompletion, and only because it bounced off his receiver’s face.

He’s flicking darts all over the field with a lightning release. Whoever said this kid doesn’t have an arm hasn’t watched much tape on him, and i’ve Been saying that since before his draft day. Short and intermediate, the ball gets there immediately, and on a dime. If he had a run game to keep the D honest, he’d be unstoppable.

If he gets in w a coach who’s good enough to build around his strengths (too bad Hue isn’t in the cards for him), he can be a great one. I don’t see much of anything to dislike about his game.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby FreddieB25 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:41 am

I don't read into preseason so much. Teams don't game plan against these guys and many times its a bunch of scrubs playing that don't know what their doing. How would Carr look with a scrub O line and third string receivers like Cook and Manuel have run series with. Not too defend those guys but thats a pathetic way to evaluate a guy in basically three glorified scrimmages like preseason games are. Carr has played two series all preseason and he has to learn a whole new offense, some personnel and get a timing and rythmn with new receivers. How will he look early in the year now. No you don't want to get him injured but at least he should of had 6 to 8 series with the starters over these three games, not just two series. Doug Martin coming off injuries will most likely make this team and he has had like 5 touches all preseason. Yeah we need a bonafied back up because Manuel or Cook aren't winning us many games with their armn and expertises.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby silver & black » Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:08 pm

I agree with Freddie.... but we need a real #2 QB. Neither one of these guys makes the grade.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby FreddieB25 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:44 pm

silver & black wrote:I agree with Freddie.... but we need a real #2 QB. Neither one of these guys makes the grade.

Has to be a guy off waiver wire after next week that we can get thats better than Cook and Manuel. Carr better stay healthy as that hinges on us having a potentially good season. Chucky part deux is upon us. Never thought that would happen.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby FreddieB25 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:44 pm

silver & black wrote:I agree with Freddie.... but we need a real #2 QB. Neither one of these guys makes the grade.

Has to be a guy off waiver wire after next week that we can get thats better than Cook and Manuel. Carr better stay healthy as that hinges on us having a potentially good season. Chucky part deux is upon us. Never thought that would happen.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby Forbiddenraider » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:02 pm

Our defense looked good. But is was against GB’s 2nd string o line. The best thing is having Gunther. At least he’s competent and knows what he’s doing. Reggie thought he was slick again drafting Cook but no surprise the kid sucks. After the debacle with Mcgloin you think REggie would have taken the back up QB position more seriously but apparently not. EJ Manual was Reggie’s Guy? Fuckin disgrace.

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Postby FreddieB25 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:17 pm

I love the pressure on the pocket from all directions from our defense. Something that hasn't been seen in a very long time. These young kids we got from this draft on defense might be special as time goes on. Guenther is a huge addition to Norton jr subtraction. Sign Mack and hopefully most key players stay healthy and we'll see what we got this year.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:58 am

All i can say is this: A couple injuries here and there, we're fucked royally.

BTW, has anyone noticed Gruden heaping huge praise on Marquel Lee? I just saw this the other day. Calls him physical, and has all the tools, can make the calls for the D... Apparently he's pushing the old man pretty hard at MLB right now.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby piratepride » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:30 am

I was at the Raven game last season when Ej Manuel was forced in to starting due to the Carr injury.
Marquel Lee looked like the best LB we had until he tweaked his ankle big time. He walked off very gingerly with the help of two others.
He was flying around making sound takes, not afraid to mix it up in the trenches, but something was off. The defense as a whole just wasn't in position to make any steady stops on 3rd and whatever. Our secondary was playing like shit the entire day, so I won't fault him for that. IMO he's just a very solid consistent player who needs a lot of talent around him, especially on the D line.
I'd trust Johnson more at this point but Lee has worked his ass off this summer no doubt.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Next

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum