WTF we signed CB DRC??

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

WTF we signed CB DRC??

Postby DeadRinger » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:22 am

Talk about a veteran addition...

The Oakland Raiders have reportedly agreed to a deal with free-agent cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Rodgers-Cromartie, 32, told ESPN's Josina Anderson that he worked out with the Raiders in Oakland on Wednesday.

The cornerback spent the last four seasons with the Giants, who released Rodgers-Cromartie in March. The Redskins, Seahawks and Chargers were also rumored to be interested in Rodgers-Cromartie throughout the offseason.

During the 2017 season, Rodgers-Cromartie played in 15 games with six starts for the Giants, recording 48 tackles.

Selected by the Cardinals in the first round of the 2008 NFL draft, Rodgers-Cromartie spent the first three seasons of his career in Arizona before playing for the Eagles, Broncos and Giants. The two-time Pro Bowler has 30 career interceptions in 10 seasons.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Re: WTF we signed CB DRC??

Postby DeadRinger » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:42 am

Interesting. They say we might want him to play S...

Does this smell like sickening desperation to anyone?

Last few interviews I've seen with Gruden, he looks very unhappy. And I can see why. Looking over our depth chart, there's very little fucking depth in our chart.

If rooks don't step up, we limp to a losing record this year. Most likely even if they DO step up.

Right now I'm disregarding Kalil Mack. I don't like what I'm reading. At all.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby Forbiddenraider » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:29 am

No matter how many times we blow a team up. Basically every year we got all new players but one thing remains the same. We always end up with OLD FUCKS! Gruden probably can’t believe the mess that REggie created.

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Postby piratepride » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:19 pm

Anyone who remembers Gruden glory days knows he loves the vets. We had a thread around here two years ago of all the positives and negatives of bringing chucky back.
Reggie put him in this current cap bind no doubt, but the vet signings are all Gruden. I dont think he's got the patience or time to bring along the young guys.
Either he's trying to win now, or patching up the defense with old 1 year vet minimum deals and re-loading in the draft next year.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby piratepride » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:23 pm

I kind of like DRC as a depth guy at CB or safety. Hell play a handful of snaps and fill in should someone get banged up.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby DeadRinger » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:44 am

I think Gruden is in big-time scramble mode.

I think he looked over our roster when he came in, and saw a lot of high draft picks he had to work with and was pretty happy with what he saw on paper. But he couldn't get anyone on the field for a LOOONG time. Now he has, and now he knows that just because those guys were high draft picks doesn't mean they're good players. And now he knows he doesn't have near the talent he thought he did coming in, and he's fucking pissed.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby FreddieB25 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:36 pm

Well if we go like 7-9 or worse and there was some kind of optimism during the season like we're like 5-5 or 6-4 going down the stretch and we just fade out maybe Mark will get his head out of his ass and fire or demote Reggie to salary cap number cruncher. Gruden will be pissed if he doesn't go 8-8 at least. I think if we stink up the joint this year Reggie is gone.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby Forbiddenraider » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:01 pm

Reggie’s record

4-12
4-12
3-13
7-9
12-4
6-10

Faggots like Mrs Casperspook somehow don’t recognize this record. REGGIE IS THE BIGGEST POS IN FOOTBALL! Gruden needs to fire him.

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Postby Forbiddenraider » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:04 pm

Odds REggie makes it to Vegas are a million to one. Gruden isn’t dumb enough to put his future in the hands of a lazy fat brainless baboon

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Postby FreddieB25 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:36 pm

I'm beginning to wonder if Mark Davis is strapped with the 100 mill guaranteed 10 yr contract with Gruden and doesn't have the signing bonus money even if he gave Mack a contract past this year. Del Rio, Gruden any NFL with knowledge or expertise at drafting personnel knows how pathetic Reggie has been. Fact is our franchise isn't an upper echelon in the league financially and media wise. Reggie is black so they leave it alone and it complies with the Rooney rule. If he were GM of the NYG, Patriots, Steelers, GB or Dallas his head would of rolled four years ago. What other GM has had this tenure going on seven years with a piss poor record and no rumblings of being fired. None too not too many since I've been following this league for forty years. We dump this year, Mark will wake up and fire his mumbling niggger ass.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Next

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum