Fuck Reggie & his failed way of building teams

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Re: Fuck Reggie & his failed way of building teams

Postby DeadRinger » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:30 pm

Hey, I agree that weed isn’t the kind of problem that should be illegal.

And I also agree that, if you’re making millions per year at a job that doesn’t allow it and tests for it, and you continue to smoke the shit after getting caught and threatened repeatedly, then you deserve whatever comes your way.

Pretty black and white in my book.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Postby FreddieB25 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:47 pm

NFL is a fuckin joke anyway. More bad behavior has happened off the field with their athletes because of alcohol like DUI's and domestic violence than marijuana ever did. It's not like the drug effected Bryant's practice or game efforts and performances. Too bad yhe kid fucked up.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby DeadRinger » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:39 am

I would question how often you can smoke any substance and still have the lungs you need to be a WR at the highest level in the world. Not to mention lethargy and your body having to recover from being stoned all the time.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby FreddieB25 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:16 pm

The kids young and a tremendous athlete. Smoking a bowl here or there is nothing. The grind and getting hit by 250lb plus athletes at full speed would take more out of an athlete than smoking the good herb to calm your body and mind.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby FreddieB25 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:17 pm

The kids young and a tremendous athlete. Smoking a bowl here or there is nothing. The grind and getting hit by 250lb plus athletes at full speed would take more out of an athlete than smoking the good herb to calm your body and mind.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby FreddieB25 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:30 pm

Marijuana, good THC has been proven to have regenerative properties in it that is good for circulation, mental imbalances and overall well being mind and body when used properly in smaller doses. Pharmaceutical comps like the NRA and other multi billion dollar industries have such a huge lobby in DC that they've demonized the natural benefits of THC. Pharm comps want to keep pumping their poisonous and toxic medicines on the public without marijuana being a serious alternative.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:53 am

A lot of things have been "proven" to do a lot of things. Then later they're "proven" to NOT do those things, and to do other things. Then later they're "proven" to do something completely different.

I smoked my share of weed in my day (and many other people's shares as well), and I never saw anything good come from it. But then, I'm different from 90% of the population because I'm one of those addictive types. Which is why I say I don't see why it should be illegal because I assume the other 90% of the population can smoke it without ruining their lives. And even if it DID ruin their lives, that's up to them.

From a purely physical standpoint, smoking weed seriously fucked with my lungs. And I mean seriously. Granted I have a pretty damn weak upper respiratory system compared to most people, I think, but there were times I thought I was going to die from asphyxiation. Felt like I was drowning on my own fluids. Too much inflammation, couldn't seem to get enough oxygen into my blood stream. Maybe I'm just highly allergic to it. Or maybe it was just my stoned-ass mind seriously fucking with me. Either way, it wasn't good. At all.

Maybe if I had used THC in some other way - eating it or swallowing a tincture or something - that kind of thing wouldn't have happened, who knows? Somehow I doubt you get nearly as high by eating it. Be that as it may, nobody will ever convince me that inhaling ANY kind of smoke is anything but VERY bad for you.

All that said, based on my own experiences and watching many others smoke the shit as well, I just don't buy the scientific studies about how good it is for the most part. Like alcohol or prescription narcotics or cocaine or any other mood-altering drug out there, that weed shit'll kill you if you fuck around with it too much. So I just don't fuck around w it at all.

And that's just me personally. I don't judge anyone else. I may not agree with your take on the effects of weed, but that doesn't mean I judge you for smoking it, any more than I judge people for drinking. Just because I can't do it/choose not to do it doesn't make it wrong. What I believe in most is personal liberty, the right to lead your own damn life however you see fit. Whatever works best for you, go for it, and more power to you. if I didn't have the problems I do, I'd probably still be right there with you.

So yeah, make it legal.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby FreddieB25 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:02 pm

My whole point is in moderation for medicinal purposes. If these guys can drink socially they can in moderation ingest THC in moderation for medicinal purposes.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:25 pm

FreddieB25 wrote:My whole point is in moderation for medicinal purposes. If these guys can drink socially they can in moderation ingest THC in moderation for medicinal purposes.

I agree.

The NFL can start disciplining if these guys start getting DUIs on it, or in fights or whatever, just like alcohol.

But nobody gets in fights on weed, the high is nothing like alcohol.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby FreddieB25 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:22 pm

NFL inc. The greedy mafia that they are covered up the concussion issues with players for over twenty years as well as domestic violence. All about filling these owners with revenue and trying to maintain a product on the field that fans will watch in person and on TV. Fact is its a violent game and players have repercussions healthwise years after they retire. If an owner has no problem with their players getting knocked silly for three hours on gameday...they shouldn't have a problem with some players smoking a lil weed to soothe themselves. Just ask Ricky Williams about it. LOL!

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum