My own Assessment of our current Offensive units

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

My own Assessment of our current Offensive units

Postby DeadRinger » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:34 am

Nothing copied here, no bullshit, nobody else's stuff, no sugar coating, just my straight shooting.

QBs: Good - Great
**Carr - Manuel - Hackenberg**
Carr has shown flashes of greatness, plenty of goodness. Manuel is a good backup.

RBs: Above Average - Good
**Lynch - Martin - Richard**
I see us keeping these 3, and assuming Martin is back to decent (not even perfect) form we have everything we need to do what we want in the run game. If we don't keep Martin it will be Washington and I still see it the same way.

WRs: Above Average
**Cooper - Nelson - Bryant - Roberts - Holton**
After Cooper's 2017, given Nelson's injury history and Bryant's legal issues there are too many ???s to rate them higher. Tons of potential. We'll see what Gruden can get out of them. They could rise to the level of great if Carr steps up big.

TEs: Average
**Cook - Lee - Carrier**
Cook was a decent bright spot last year but he's old, Lee can block and Carrier is pretty much useless. If we lose Cook this unit goes from average to poor.

OTs: Good
**Penn - Miller - Osemele - Feliciano - Parker - Alexander**
I base this on Penn and the fact that we have a 1st round pick out there. Penn is a good OT. He's not great - maybe he has been in the past, but not for a couple years now. Miller won't be great for a couple years but he could be good out of the chute. Beyond these guys, we could lean on Osemele at LT in a pinch. And THAT is why this group stays firmly in the GOOD category.

OLs: Elite
**Osemele - Hudson - Jackson - Feliciano - Alexander**
When they're not tanking, and they have coaching, they're an elite group. I'd put them up against the guys in DAL.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Re: My own Assessment of our current Offensive units

Postby FreddieB25 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:23 pm

I think the key to the offense is how well they learn and execute the west coast offense under Gruden. The O-line has to learn a new blocking scheme under a new OL coach Cable. One of my favorite players under Gruden first time around here in the WCO was Charlie Garner. Dude excelled in that system. Who will be our 2018 Charlie Garner? Doug Martin or Jalen Richard? Looking forward to this year after last years utter disgrace of a season.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby piratepride » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:10 pm

Nice assessment Dead. Alot will boil down to how long it takes Carr and the rest of the offense to be efficient with the offensive playcalling / system.
I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and hope for the best.
The defense is what I'm more intrigued with, we have a shit ton of talent on the d line and experience at the LB spot.
Big No Hurst was an absolute steal! Hope it all shakes out with Guenther at the helm.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby DeadRinger » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:07 pm

FreddieB25 wrote:I think the key to the offense is how well they learn and execute the west coast offense under Gruden. The O-line has to learn a new blocking scheme under a new OL coach Cable. One of my favorite players under Gruden first time around here in the WCO was Charlie Garner. Dude excelled in that system. Who will be our 2018 Charlie Garner? Doug Martin or Jalen Richard? Looking forward to this year after last years utter disgrace of a season.

I think Richard has everything it takes to mop up under Gruden. We could see a real star wake up this season.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum