So how did we grade out in Rd 1?

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

So how did we grade out in Rd 1?

Postby DeadRinger » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:00 am

I think they pretty much nail it, though I prob wouldn't give the Chiefs an A for trading away their #1 to pick up Mahomes. I'd say a C for us was generous, but I factor the Bryant acquisition into it, which makes it much better IMO even thought there's a ton of risk there. So maybe a C+. But that's still really bad, when we desperately needed an A+ to kick of Gruden Era 2.0.

NFL.com snap grades:

Broncos: A

Chiefs: A

Chargers: A

Raiders: C
With many top-notch defenders on the board, the Raiders instead take an athletic but inconsistent tackle in Miller. His tape did not put him in the mid-first round. The team did get a third- and fifth-round pick in the trade to with Arizona to move five picks down (from 10 to 15), so that's a plu

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Re: So how did we grade out in Rd 1?

Postby silver & black » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:21 am

Other than Bryant, it grades out at SHIT. Another fucking project with the first pick. I hate Reggie.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby DeadRinger » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:26 am

Oh, and BTW, how 'bout the Browns?? Can those dumbasses fuck up a wet dream, or what??

Could have been Darnold/Chubb and all the glee in the world.

Instead it's Mayfield/Ward and nothing but prayers!

Don't get me wrong, I love Ward. I think he'll be a great one, but I think Chubb's a lock at the 2nd most important position on the field. And Mayfield scares the shit out off me, how the FUCK do you draft that kid #1 overall after you just so recently failed miserably w Manziel??

Insanity.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby DeadRinger » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:23 am

lol....

Hey, uhhhh....

Did anyone notice that we quietly waived Darius Latham?

Yeah, so... Now we have Vanderdoes and Ellis and. Um. I think the other guy's name is Jack Fucking Shit. Hold on, checking the official site... Yeah, that's him. Jack Shit.

No DTs and no MLB. I wonder if teams will run on us?

Off to the races. championshiiippp.....

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby Forbiddenraider » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:37 am

Rest of the draft doesn’t even matter. D + same old shit

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Postby Forbiddenraider » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:37 am

My opinion you always take best player available

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Postby FreddieB25 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:29 pm

Considering we needed a tackle and a 3rd receiver we took care of two birds with one stone. If Miller develops into quality at that spot and Bryant is productive for a couple seasons I give it an A- because those are positions of need and took care of it in the 1st round. If these guys aren't productive an F because yes there were better players on the board at 15. Its all hypothetical and we shall see. Fact is two offensive players it was Gruden's call as he wants a potent offense as quick as he can.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby silver & black » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:41 pm

I wouldn't have been upset at taking a Tackle...... it he wasn't a 6'9" 309 lb. stick-like basketball player. The dude is a project. He won't play this year, so it was a wasted pick... again.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby silver & black » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:10 pm

Okay.... I'm gonna chill out on this dude. I'm just pissed the fuck off right now. We passed on Edmunds to take this guy. I know we need a tackle, but we NEED defense. I just don't understand this fucking team... every fucking year they fuck up in the draft!

Gruden and his 100 million $$$ salary better come through. I'm not holding my breath. This looks just like it always does for us. You know.... if it quacks like a duck and looks like a duck................................

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby FreddieB25 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:39 pm

Fact is the NFL owners and Goodell and Mark Davis can't move to a virgin market like Vegas without a buzz from a business and marketing stand point and thats scoring a lot of points and winning games and making the playoffs. The league with its influence with the refs will help the cause if needed be. Owners collude when its business and health of the league like a new business enterprise like an internarional destination like Las Vegas. Raiders will get good fast even if the league is pulling the strings on Raider games. Theres no integrity when it comes to billionaires just profit and the bottom line.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Next

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum