Change of mind on Vita Vea.

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Change of mind on Vita Vea.

Postby piratepride » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:08 pm

I changed my mind on Vita Vea, but wouldn't be too upset if we drafted him.
I fell for all the reports of him not generating enough push up the middle. We need more push from the middle, so shine him in round 1.
I like Edmunds, but at 19 years of age I think he'll need a few years to develope...and Gruden is impatient as all hell.
My top two choices are Roquan Smith and Mcglinchey.
Smith is a little small, but very polished and will have way less rookie mistakes and seems like the safer pick IMO.

Mcglinchey is a dominant run blocker, but needs to work on his pass blocking. Put him on the right side until Penn retires or in case his ankle isn't ready.

We all know defense wins championships, which is why I want Roquan....but LT is a huge need also.
If Carr isn't protected, the season may be over before it's started.

If it's not neither of the two mentioned above I like the kid Fitzpatrick, but feel we need a blur chip player at a major position..not safety or slor corner which is what he excels at.

What say you.....one more day!!!!

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 0

Re: Change of mind on Vita Vea.

Postby FreddieB25 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:29 am

Vita Vea sounds like something that is pounded out of your asshole and sprayed all over the toilet bowl after tostada enchilada and a margarita not a football player.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby piratepride » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:11 am

LoL

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby DeadRinger » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:01 am

Correction... Defense wins a championship.

A franchise QB, a brilliant GM and a damn fine HC - THAT'S how you win championshipS.

Because a SB-winning defense is impossible to keep together. Look at all the great defenses that won a SB. In recent times (meaning the age of FA) they all did it once, then disappeared. Then look at the dynasties throughout history. They either a) all happened before FA or b) were built on HOF QBs (generally paired with at least one HOF weapon) and HOF coaches.

Defensive pieces come and go, and coaches and schemes can make up for a LOT of player deficiencies. Not the case at QB and high-skill, frequent one-on-one positions like WR and LT. And all those guys have to click, the way Gruden clicked w Gannon, Brady clicks w Belichick and Montana clicked w Walsh.

That's the way it has to be man. Anything else relies WAY too much on a bunch of luck, and then it's gone.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby DeadRinger » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:05 am

I'm telling you this about Roquan Smith: He's the defensive equivalent of RG3.

He's going to come in, all speed, and make some "wow" plays, and people are going to be all about him. A few people will talk about how he gets completely washed out of plays when OLs and the occasional FB make it to the next level but most people will ignore it.

Then he's going to get hurt. Then it all unravels. The SECOND his lateral movement suffers, his game will go south. Once a blocker latches onto him it's all over.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby silver & black » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:30 am

I agree about Roquan... too small and will not pan out in the NFL.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby bigboy3333 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:09 pm

For once the Raiders need to hit a home run in most of there draft picks. So by saying this, I would like the Raiders to trade back for extra picks...but if you don't have a trade partner, then you're on the clock. So with the 10th pick >>>Raiders select.. Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame. Day 1 starter at RT then eventually Donald Penn replacement.

Sell the Fucking team Mark Davis!!

bigboy3333
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 2

Postby piratepride » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:41 pm

I'm really liking Mcglinchey right now. Smart and tough as he'll, also loves the game...typical Gruden grinder.
I heard our new RT from Houston was ranked near the bottom of the league last year! Not good.
We may be able to get No Hurst in round 2 or even 3 who has better push than Vea ( so I read).
My co worker who is a niner fan also wants Roquan, he reminded me they said the same thing about Patrick Willis size wise.
Rowuan is my choice, but Mcglinchey isn't too far behind.

Read a report the Raiders may be considering going up to #4 for Chubb..this from Michael Silver.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby piratepride » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:42 pm

I'm really liking Mcglinchey right now. Smart and tough as he'll, also loves the game...typical Gruden grinder.
I heard our new RT from Houston was ranked near the bottom of the league last year! Not good.
We may be able to get No Hurst in round 2 or even 3 who has better push than Vea ( so I read).
My co worker who is a niner fan also wants Roquan, he reminded me they said the same thing about Patrick Willis size wise.
Rowuan is my choice, but Mcglinchey isn't too far behind.

Read a report the Raiders may be considering going up to #4 for Chubb..this from Michael Silver.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby DeadRinger » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:48 am

Yeah brother pirate, I've refrained from posting our RT's PFF grade because it's just almost impossible to achieve. You'd have to be an 8-yr-old pee wee player in the NFL to get a grade that low.

We could put an empty cardboard box there and get better results I think.

This has been the story of FA for us.

Rashaan Melvin had a decent grade last season. Nothing spectacular, and he wasn't a starter all season. He would prob be a solid rotational/#3 guy but we have to count on him to lock down a side for us. The other CB is worthless and will be gone.

Gilchrist did OK, sort of like Melvin.

The bottom line is we added NO greatness, two guys who COULD be good in Whitehead and Nelson, a few somewhat decent pieces and a bunch of trash. And apparently we spent every penny we had on that brilliant haul.

And let's not forget we lost Carrie, Amerson, Bowman, Autry, Patterson, Smith and Olawale while keeping douchebags like Jihad Ward and Dexter McDonald and resigning the likes of Reggie Nelson.

We have a TON of work to do.

Gruden has to be pissed off.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Next

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum