Mark Davis: Reggie McKenzie’s job is to get players Jon Grud

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Mark Davis: Reggie McKenzie’s job is to get players Jon Grud

Postby bigboy3333 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:42 pm

Mark Davis: Reggie McKenzie’s job is to get players Jon Gruden wants

Posted by Josh Alper on March 26, 2018, 9:05 AM EDT

When Jon Gruden signed a 10-year deal for a second stint as the head coach of the Raiders, it seemed clear that the team would start doing business differently than they had in Reggie McKenzie’s first six years as the General Manager.
McKenzie had final say in roster construction in those seasons, but the Raiders didn’t move heaven and earth to get Gruden without giving him a major role in all football operations. Team owner Mark Davis said from the league meetings that Gruden’s “vision is going to be most important” as the team moves forward and outlined how McKenzie fits into that picture.
“Jon’s the head coach and he’s going to be here a while, so it’s important that he gets the players he wants and builds a team he wants to build,” Davis said, via NBC Sports Bay Area. “Reggie is there with his staff to find the players, and also to keep the cap and everything else in order.”
Davis said he’s confident Gruden and McKenzie will “work together very well.” If not, there’s not much point in guessing which one won’t be sticking around.

Sell the Fucking team Mark Davis!!

bigboy3333
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 2

Re: Mark Davis: Reggie McKenzie’s job is to get players Jon

Postby FreddieB25 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:50 pm

A high school coach wouldn't be happy with the garbage Reggie has signed.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Highscores: 0

Postby Del » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:43 pm

I would love to get on board except when we let our best receiver walk.

All day lurkin'

Del
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby FreddieB25 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:06 pm

Del wrote:I would love to get on board except when we let our best receiver walk.

Except he wasn't all in last year and was part of the militant politicall bullshit that permeated the league. Fuckin clown was more concerned with showing off his gold chain and protecting it than balling of every play and series. Dude had dropitis as well. He and especially Cooper dropped more balls than anyone in the league last year.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby Forbiddenraider » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:58 pm

All bullshit. I read that Reggie is basically demoted under Gruden. I don’t see Reggie being a factor in the draft. Lot of articles coming out calling Reggie out. Somehow Reggie has stuck around the Raiders like the flies stick around his head. No chance the big jig makes it to Vegas. As far as Crabtree goes, get him the fuck out & use his head to open the fuckin door! Nelson is an upgrade over Crabtree just by being white. We got a good intelligent player that is a good teammate & will help Carr. That’s definitely an upgrade over a dumb niggger that gets his chain snatched & throws punches like a girl. Niggger drops every ball, takes plays off & looks like Buckwheat. Del. GET THE FUCK.........GET THE FUCK BACK IN YOUR FUCKIN HOLE!!!

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Postby silver & black » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:41 am

I'm sure Gruden is making all the decisions on players. RM is just the money guy. I still wish he was just gone.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby FreddieB25 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:23 am

Still can't believe Gruden's back. Should be real interesting his in game adjustments, pressers pre and post game etc and how his roster responds to him. And I love it.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby 790thSFS » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:23 am

Gruden can get our getting winning just based on scheme alone. Gruden is a fuckin football Genius! If he was the coach last year, Raiders would have went to the Super Bowl and won!

790thSFS
The Mercs
The Mercs
Medals: 1

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum