Suh making Raiders his last stop Thursday!

No Bullshit. Just Real Oakland Raiders Talk!

Suh making Raiders his last stop Thursday!

Postby piratepride » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:33 pm

Oh shit, didn't see this coming. Not sure we'll have enough to land him, but it would be nice.
1st reaction is I wonder why teams end up thinking they're better off without him, besides his ridiculous salary.
2nd- is he a locker room cancer?
3rd- what will happen with Mack's contract situation?
Your thoughts?
I'll go on record to say 1st of all its clear Gruden wants to at least bring him to the table, unlike Reggie who doesn't even like to pickup the phone unless he's sitting on 60 million.
I can respect Gruden hustle, can't knock him for trying.
If somehow they get him he'll instantly command double teams just like he does now. Probably why he resorts to cheap shots every know and again, dude rarely gets to go one one one anymore.
If by some chance we get him, this will shakeup our draft plans for Vita Vea...or will it?
  • 0


piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs
Reputation: 84
Posts: 938
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:47 pm
Highscores: 0

Re: Suh making Raiders his last stop Thursday!

Postby FreddieB25 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:56 pm

Can't afford him most likely....dude can be a beast at a position of need on our roster. I say fuck him...he's older now and tends to be lazy....n3ver was a gamer either.
  • 0


FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Reputation: 305
Posts: 3527
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:02 am
Highscores: 0

Re: Suh making Raiders his last stop Thursday!

Postby silver & black » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:07 pm

Some how, some way.... make it happen!
  • 0


User avatar
silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC
Reputation: 149
Posts: 1308
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 5:34 pm
Highscores: 0

Re: Suh making Raiders his last stop Thursday!

Postby silver & black » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:09 pm

FreddieB25 wrote:Can't afford him most likely....dude can be a beast at a position of need on our roster. I say fuck him...he's older now and tends to be lazy....n3ver was a gamer either.

Maybe, maybe not. What he is, is a born Raider. He's a nasty mother fucker.... something we've been lacking since Romanowski.
  • 0


User avatar
silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC
Reputation: 149
Posts: 1308
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 5:34 pm
Highscores: 0

Re: Suh making Raiders his last stop Thursday!

Postby piratepride » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:18 pm

Yeah, not sure we have enough cash to make it happen. Maybe he's using us to drive up the Rams asking price?
He and Arron Donald ( who I loved coming out of Pitt) along with those two cornerbacks...jeeezz.
Let me play devil's advocate and say he does sign a two year deal with a hefty signing bonus allowing us to sign all of our draft haul and push Mack's contract situation to next season.
Do we double down and snag Eva, allowing them both to wreak havoc?
Or go defensive back to help with coverage in case Obi isn't healed up or ready to contribute?
That's another topic altogether, I was high on Obi coming out and then he took a shit in the Mexico city game.
Who would you draft if Suh signed?

DT, LB, CB, LT?
  • 0


piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs
Reputation: 84
Posts: 938
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:47 pm
Highscores: 0

Re: Suh making Raiders his last stop Thursday!

Postby DeadRinger » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:31 pm

A lazy Suh is twice as good as anything else we have on our roster at DT. Sign him.
  • 1

Chucky’s back. Unfortunately, so is Reggie. And Olson. HOW do these people continue to survive their own abject failure??

User avatar
DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Reputation: 1101
Posts: 4264
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:41 pm
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Re: Suh making Raiders his last stop Thursday!

Postby DeadRinger » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:34 pm

piratepride wrote:Yeah, not sure we have enough cash to make it happen. Maybe he's using us to drive up the Rams asking price?
He and Arron Donald ( who I loved coming out of Pitt) along with those two cornerbacks...jeeezz.
Let me play devil's advocate and say he does sign a two year deal with a hefty signing bonus allowing us to sign all of our draft haul and push Mack's contract situation to next season.
Do we double down and snag Eva, allowing them both to wreak havoc?
Or go defensive back to help with coverage in case Obi isn't healed up or ready to contribute?
That's another topic altogether, I was high on Obi coming out and then he took a shit in the Mexico city game.
Who would you draft if Suh signed?

DT, LB, CB, LT?

Bro, last thing we need is Reggie trying to pick another DB in rd 1. Stick w LB there - my preference is Edmunds - but signing Suh could free up an early-ish pick we could use on some more WR talent.

I think Gruden and Reggie actually believe Conley is a superstar in the making, so I don’t see them investing yet another 1st round pick on the d-backfield.

Personally I wouldn’t object to trading down 5 or 6 spots and drafting Vander Esch.
  • 0

Chucky’s back. Unfortunately, so is Reggie. And Olson. HOW do these people continue to survive their own abject failure??

User avatar
DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Reputation: 1101
Posts: 4264
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:41 pm
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Re: Suh making Raiders his last stop Thursday!

Postby FreddieB25 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:41 pm

Suh was invisible in so many games with Miami at a steep number. He'd show flashes with us and ultimately be a disappointment and probably a problem in the locker room.
  • 0


FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Reputation: 305
Posts: 3527
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:02 am
Highscores: 0

Re: Suh making Raiders his last stop Thursday!

Postby silver & black » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:44 pm

Suh and Lynch could be the locker room entertainment. Suh could take Meshawn's head off, and I'd find that very entertaining...lol.
  • 0


User avatar
silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC
Reputation: 149
Posts: 1308
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 5:34 pm
Highscores: 0

Re: Suh making Raiders his last stop Thursday!

Postby DeadRinger » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:49 pm

silver & black wrote:Suh and Lynch could be the locker room entertainment. Suh could take Meshawn's head off, and I'd find that very entertaining...lol.

I’d buy a ticket to see that before i’d Buy one to see one of our games.
  • 0

Chucky’s back. Unfortunately, so is Reggie. And Olson. HOW do these people continue to survive their own abject failure??

User avatar
DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Reputation: 1101
Posts: 4264
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:41 pm
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Next

Return to Oakland Raiders Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 35 guests

cron