Who does the Raiders draft @ #10

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Re: Who does the Raiders draft @ #10

Postby FreddieB25 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:33 pm

DeadRinger wrote:What we need is Gruden to get a couple locks in rounds 1 and 2. Then Reggie can get lucky again in 3 and 4 and we’ll have a couple guys who play average ball for a couple seasons before we cut them.

You know the drill. Year in and year out.

Chucky won't allow the big gorilla out of his cage on draft day. Maybe they collaborate a lil bit but this is Gruden's draft thank goodness. It his team until he leaves whenever that may happen

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Highscores: 0

Postby DeadRinger » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:38 pm

Yeah I have faith he knows a lot more about this game than he used to. He needed to get outside looking in on all 32 teams, coaches, schemes, personnel guys. I’m pretty stoked. But he def needs a strong draft haul, he got Jordy Nelson and a bunch of depth, and that’s about it.

I keep seeing us taking Roquan Smith. That kid might be good during his first season with his athleticism, then he’s going to fall flat. Get hurt, slow down. Get crushed.

What he really needs to do is drop about 10lbs and play SS for us. That could be a winner right there.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby FreddieB25 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:43 pm

Well hopefully Gruden is thinking outside the box after being away from coaching for awhile. He's obviously not a defense guy but I think he sees raw football talent that can develop into a solid player

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby bigboy3333 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:48 pm

I'm hopping we either go DT or OT but I would happy if we get bama wr. Ridley...ahd I think we will draft our future rb in round 3 or 4

Sell the Fucking team Mark Davis!!

bigboy3333
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 2

Postby FreddieB25 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:56 pm

bigboy3333 wrote:I'm hopping we either go DT or OT but I would happy if we get bama wr. Ridley...ahd I think we will draft our future rb in round 3 or 4

Chucky is going to want some young studs catching the ball as well. He will try to replicate the same offense he had here the first time around. Interesting if Lynch hangs as thunder to compliment Doug Martin as lightning. Wheatley/Garner part deux maybe or hopefully to some extent.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby piratepride » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:24 am

My choice as stated beforr or Vita Vea...theres a very good chance he's on the board as most teams / scouts have him going in the 10-20 range, he makes the biggest impact right away and provides the much needed push up the middle.
I like Gruden signing a bunch of mediocre vets for cheap, now we can let the draft fall to us. With all the recent trades happening, i can see the top 3 picks bieng a Qb.
This will most definatley push guys like Fitzpatrick, Derwin James, Nelson, Chubb, and Barkley further down.
If the 3rd or 4th ranked QB is still there a 10, will the bills pull the trigger and swap with us sending thier #2 in exchange?

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby PHXR8R » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:17 am

This ^^^^^^^

PHXR8R
First-Stringer
First-Stringer

Postby piratepride » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:09 am

Nobody really talks about this, but usually new coaches blow shit up and bring in their own people...like everybody.... coaches, QB's, players...restructure contracts...but not Gruden.
Gruden could have wacked everyone, but decided to work with what Reggie had in place and our current cap situation. He inherited a limited cap number but worked with what he had instead of going after 1 or two top guys.
If we got to play GM for a day most of us would have done the same thing considering the numerous holes we had. This is where Reggie jacked us....but Gruden helped him out by rolling up his sleeves watching a shit ton of film and bringing in guys that will be contributors right now.
He quietly brought in the Dallas special teams coordinator who in turn, brought his two special teams aces for pennies.
The Melvin signing at cornerback could be a huge one. This dude waa the best player on the Colts defense last year, and the comments from all the Colts fans on profootballtalk.com prove this. They are PISSED they couldn't or wouldn't match what we signed him for.

Tahir Whitead is going to be a major contributor. He's what all of us see from every other team week in and week out...see ball...get ball..plain and simple. Our guys seemed lost or in the wrong position too often.

Gruden is already proven his worth IMO. I think he made the right call on Beastmode also, how many other backs are better than him right now? Maybe 5 or 6, but behind our healthy line and a commitment to run, he should have better numbers this year.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby piratepride » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:10 am

Damn ....that was a long one lol
My bad.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby PHXR8R » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:50 am

All good bro. I know how to read and enjoy reading football related stuff. That’s a good take man. I agree with your opinion on Gruden running the show. You don’t pay the guy 100 mil to have a GM pick his squad. Whatever sins Reggie committed can not be put on Gruden. Solid vets for affordable pay. Didn’t blow Monopoly money on a fairly week FA class. Ryan Grant coming to visit today. I think 4-5 mil on year prove it is what we will offer. BAl gave him 4 year $29 mil offer before the “failed physical”. That’s FA desperation.

PHXR8R
First-Stringer
First-Stringer

PreviousNext

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum