Jordy Nelson Officially Signed

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Jordy Nelson Officially Signed

Postby PHXR8R » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:16 pm

2 years $15 million, $13 million guaranteed. $200k less than Crabtree for this year. Crabtree looks to be on his way out. Rather cut Dropperts, but we’d eat $2 mil in dead money there and nothing by cutting Crabtree and saving 7.7 on the cap. This was our “splash” signing. As I assumed, we would be players in the 2nd tier market. No cap space to compete for the big names. Picked up a FB as well. Looks like Olewale may be in danger of getting cut. Kevin Smith from the Cowboys, 2 year 4.2 mil. Olawale is 2 mil off the books if we cut him. From a dollar stand point it appears we upgraded for about the same money.

PHXR8R
First-Stringer
First-Stringer
Highscores: 0

Re: Jordy Nelson Officially Signed

Postby 790thSFS » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:22 pm

And Crabtree was told he will be released!

790thSFS
The Mercs
The Mercs
Medals: 1

Postby PHXR8R » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:36 pm

Crabs had his moments and no doubt some sweet game winners. But the guy goes south when things get tough. Talib got in his head. I was disappointed that his teammates didn’t have his back. Nobody took on Talib when he ripped his chain off, Penn and King clowned around with Talib in the off-season. That’s bull shit.

PHXR8R
First-Stringer
First-Stringer

Postby bigboy3333 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:52 pm

Great on the Great White Hope....now less go after the Honey Badger!! most likely going to the J.E.T.S

Sell the Fucking team Mark Davis!!

bigboy3333
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 2

Postby PHXR8R » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:57 pm

Wish we had the loot to get Honey Badger. Dude is a player.

PHXR8R
First-Stringer
First-Stringer

Postby piratepride » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:05 pm

Im gonna miss Crab myself, i could inly imagine what all three could have accomplished with Talib and Peters out of the west.
Hoping Jordy doesnt het hurt and were counting on Seth Roberts all year.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby PHXR8R » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:20 pm

Only reason Dropperts is on the team is we take a 2.5 mil dead money hit on him. Otherwise we could save 2.25 on the cap cutting him. Crabs was fine until we started losing. The coaching staff soured on him and he became a diva again. He had some great moments with us. 3tds on BAL, NO 2pt game winner, the KC game that would never end winner. He just isn’t mentally tough, and folds when it gets tough. He’s still got something left in the tank, but Jordy is a team guy and Gruden trusts vets. Other than missing out thatbyear with the ACL, he’s started 30/32 games the last 2 years. 6 TDs first five games last year before Rodgers got IR’d. Need to upgrade Dropperts!

PHXR8R
First-Stringer
First-Stringer

Postby Del » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:21 pm

Makes absolutely no sense to let Crabtree go.

He balled out again for us and deserves to be on this team.

Not sure where that "fold mentally" talk is coming from, I remember him making plays for us in big moments all year

All day lurkin'

Del
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby PHXR8R » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:27 am

When he pulled himself out of games as reported. That’s kinda folding. I thought he was fine until Meshawn got there.

PHXR8R
First-Stringer
First-Stringer

Postby PHXR8R » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:42 am

Del wrote:Makes absolutely no sense to let Crabtree go.

He balled out again for us and deserves to be on this team.

Not sure where that "fold mentally" talk is coming from, I remember him making plays for us in big moments all year

He had great moments for us. Also had bad ones. He got himself ejected against DEN, Talib punked him and got in his head. Talib won that battle and Crab in effect folded and took himself out of that game. Not going to say from a respect standpoint he was wrong. But from a guy we pay to play, it was wrong.

Also this report. Apparently the coaches were all fucked up and he got frustrated with the play calling and game plan. It was a meaningless game, but he also “folded” in this game under the frustration reportedly. I didn’t just pull stuff out of my rear like Deadringerforadonk and spout off my opinion as fact. Just my own opinion based on what I saw and read. Thank each their own. Nelson isn’t as volatile a personality as Crabtree and more inclined to follow the team concept. In my opinion an upgrade.

Link to pulling out of game...
https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports. ... 989818/Amp

PHXR8R
First-Stringer
First-Stringer

Next

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum