Remaining dregs of the FA market

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Remaining dregs of the FA market

Postby DeadRinger » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:32 am

So we're looking to sign Nelson. Fine. An upgrade, but if we part ways w Crab at the same time, it's the typical step-forward, step-back approach Reggie loves to take. That would give us: Cooper/Nelson/Patterson/Holton/Whalen. If Cooper breaks out and stays healthy, that group is probably fine. But it's a big IF.

For some reason Set Roberts is still on our roster. Not sure what's up w that.

Beyond that, what's left that we need?

At CB, the only remaining decent player is EJ Gaines, and he still has a lot to prove. But we need to sign him. Has to be done. Rigtht now we have 3 CBs on our roster, and Conley is the only one with even half a chance to be decent in 18. We are in HUGE trouble there.

it would be awesome to pair up Mathieu with Joseph, but that guy's probably out of reach unless Reggie actually shows up for work someday this week. If we're banking on Obi to be our starting S in 2018, we're fucked. if not Mathieu, then we should sign Morgan Burnett for a couple seasons.

At DT, there's still Suh, Poe and Richardson out there. One of those guys should be a Raider in 2018. Period.

Eifert still available at TE, but I'm not sure how well he has healed up. He had a fucking dominant season in '15 (almost 700 yds, 13 TDs, catch rate 70%) before he started collecting injuries. But recently Eifert himself said "everything's fixed." IF he's healed up, we could sign him on a prove-it deal and cut Cook's contract for space (due to make over $5M).

And of course, we should still be pursuing trades. Unfortunately, that art form is unknown to our front office. I don't believe they have any idea who's even being shopped at any given moment.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Re: Remaining dregs of the FA market

Postby Forbiddenraider » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:08 am

I agree with everything you said. This is how Reggie operates. Nothing we can do about him

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Postby silver & black » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:47 am

If we could somehow get Suh, I'd be ecstatic. I always wanted him to be a Raider. Come on Reggie you dumb fuck!

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby DeadRinger » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:43 am

silver & black wrote:If we could somehow get Suh, I'd be ecstatic. I always wanted him to be a Raider. Come on Reggie you dumb fuck!

It'll be really interesting to watch how the Suh FA story plays out. I can't wait to see what the market thinks he's worth.

Did he wear out his welcome in MIA? Or was it just a money thing?

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby PHXR8R » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:15 am

Dead you keep running your mouth about trades. For the third time I call you out on your mastery of “the art form” of trading. Yeah u bitch and whine like a dog and a woman about our roster, but you want someone else to take our dog shit and give up their picks for our players. Where is our trade capital? For the third time, since you won’t response...Give me and this board/world an example of your ingenuity on trades. What would you do? Show us you are smarter than Reggie, or just stop pretending like you know something about football.

You didn’t know Elway had a losing record against us for 3 decades. Until ...wait for it .... I told you last month. Lmao

PHXR8R
First-Stringer
First-Stringer

Postby PHXR8R » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:29 am

silver & black wrote:If we could somehow get Suh, I'd be ecstatic. I always wanted him to be a Raider. Come on Reggie you dumb fuck!

It’s a nice pipe dream bro. He’d have to come way down on price. He was slated to make 17 mil plus this year. Talk is he wants the highest bidder. Who knows, maybe the football gods will do us a solid. He would be drawing 15 yarders like a mofo though lol.

PHXR8R
First-Stringer
First-Stringer

Postby silver & black » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:58 pm

I know it's a pipe dream, but.............. Suh would be a badass Raider.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby PHXR8R » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:12 pm

I agree. He has made a shit ton of money. He should just take an affordable contract and come play for the team he was born to play for lol. We would break our own record of number of penalties per year. He’s a dude that could put Skittles Thug in his place and command the locker room from a player stand point. Talib would have never punked Crabtree if a guy like Suh was on the team.

PHXR8R
First-Stringer
First-Stringer

Postby PHXR8R » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:00 am

Deadringerforadonk wrong again. Here’s your thoughtful contribution to the CB remaining “dregs”.

“At CB, the only remaining decent player is EJ Gaines, and he still has a lot to prove. But we need to sign him. Has to be done. Rigtht now we have 3 CBs on our roster, and Conley is the only one with even half a chance to be decent in 18. We are in HUGE trouble there.”

Gaines PFF ranking- 13. Grade 86.6. https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/pl ... aines/8823
Rashaan Melvin PFF ranking -17 Grade 85.7 https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/pl ... elvin/8334

Looks like their grades are damn near identical, and rank with in 4 slots of one another. So they are fairly equivalent in talent. So tell me again how “the only decent remaining player remaining is EJ Gaines”. Melvin is in for a visit tomorrow, we’ve been in negotiations.

This is you “ I don't believe they have any idea who's even being shopped at any given moment.”. Do you know which talent is available? You stopped your talent search with Gaines, and Melvin is out there and coming to possibly sign tomorrow while you’re criticizing and talking about trades. For the fourth time, what do you propose as a trade that would benifit us? You don’t answer because you have no idea who’s being shopped at any given moment. You don’t even know the limited market of FAs for our positions of need. You are completely clueless. Bring on more homoerotic insults and name calling, because as always, that’s all you got.

PHXR8R
First-Stringer
First-Stringer

Postby DeadRinger » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:45 am

Did I stop my evaluation at Gaines, you ignorant shit sack? Did I? Another interesting take from your painfully dull-witted brain.

If Gaines still has a lot to prove - as I SAID he does - then Melvin has FAR more to prove. A UDFA with 4 years in the league and only 21 starts. Only 19 starts in the last 2 seasons with the Colts. In 2017, the mighty Melvin led the Colts to an incredible defensive ranking of 30th, 28th against the pass. The Colts saw no reason to make a run to keep him even though they lost Davis. And where was he for the final 5 games of the season last year, you silly little bitch? What difference does his PFF grade make if he's not playing?

This guy's a #5 CB, #4 if he works hard.

I look at everything you useless waste of post space. I'm looking for starters while you're sucking Reggie's cock. My evaluations don't stop anywhere. Apparently yours stop at PFF grades. And that's pathetic. I've been through this drill a million fucking times, had a bunch of douchebags JUST LIKE YOU coming at me with the same weak-ass BS.

If you're going to call out someone, you fucking BETTER well be buttoned up, little boy. Because I can tear up your little glass house all day long. Keep it up, I might respond to you here and there if I'm not doing something far more important, like clipping my fingernails. I can find 5 minutes to give you a good flaming once or twice a month.

You really are a fuckin piece of work buddy. Your have the worst reading comprehension skills I've ever seen on a forum, and I thought I'd seen them all. It's getting comedic at this point.

And i just might drop a couple more trap comments to see if you take the bait again. And you will, just like the other douchebags that have gone before you. Idiots like you are too predictable.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Next

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum