Latest Rumors

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Re: Latest Rumors

Postby PHXR8R » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:29 pm

If it’s any consolation, the Bungles beat writers are saying they know nothing of it. The source is said to be not a solid reliable source with a vetted history. Could just be a smokes screen to get Bowman back on the cheap. Doesn’t sound like a whole lot of action happening with him and other teams. He has kids and would probably prefer to stay in the bay.

PHXR8R
First-Stringer
First-Stringer
Highscores: 0

Postby bigboy3333 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:38 pm

I bet Reggie will low ball Jordy Nelson and he will walk out the door.

Sell the Fucking team Mark Davis!!

bigboy3333
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 2

Postby PHXR8R » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:44 pm

He would have walk d already if that were the case. They’re still behind closed doors. No report of him leaving yet.

PHXR8R
First-Stringer
First-Stringer

Postby Forbiddenraider » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:13 pm

bigboy3333 wrote:I bet Reggie will low ball Jordy Nelson and he will walk out the door.

Lol. Exactly that’s 100% Reggie. I think they run out because of the smell. Imagine being in an office with Reggie after a night of wings & gallons of grape soda? Reggie sweating chicken grease

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Postby PHXR8R » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:16 pm

Soaked up by pancakes and the smell of maple syrup. Freckles is gonna change his ways with Gruden in town.

PHXR8R
First-Stringer
First-Stringer

Postby piratepride » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:22 pm

I think Carr met him at the airport. Its times like this I wish old man Al was still live recruiting these bastards like it was nobody's business lol. Ok, that amd maybe him tossing 50 million at em lol.
Anyone remember that offseason way back when Al knew hos rime was short and we signed Javon Walker, Gibril Wilson amd teo other guys i forget for like 150 million?

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby piratepride » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:24 pm

The good old days, Al would order McDonald's amd keep em talking til 3am.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby PHXR8R » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:30 pm

Yeah... Carr please check him up. They are having dinner so it looks promising. Also spotted at the Warriors game.

PHXR8R
First-Stringer
First-Stringer

Postby DeadRinger » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:09 am

So we're going to bring in the piece of shit who ripped Cooper's helmet off and slammed his head down on it?

That would be every bit as brilliant as everything else Reggie does.

i don't know enough about Burfict's current troubles with the law or suspensions to comment one way or another on them, but I know he's a solid LB and he's only 27. He's a mean motherfucker, there's no question.

Comparing Bowman to Burfict, PFF grades them out at almost exactly the same level for 2017. Of course, Bowman played in 15 games to Burfict's 10. But Burfict is 2 1/2 yrs younger.

If we're not going for MLB in Rd 1, and the choice is between Burfict or Bowman, I'd stick w Bowman for one more season. He stays on the field more, he's not really a troublemaker, he played well for us last season (not great, but neither is Burfict), and he already knows his teammates. I think he's on his way out the door in terms of his career, but I also think he has one more solid season in him.

And with Burfict, who knows? We might get 11 games out of him, we might get 5. But no way would we get all 16. And Marquel Lee showed me no signs of being our long-term answer art MLB. The kid was a reach, plain and simple. Just like Ward. And Vanderdoes. And Walford. And just like Conley, Melifonwu, Calhoun, Hayden, Menelik Watson, etc. etc etc.

Did you know that not one player from our 2013 draft - Reggie's first effort with a full complement of picks - is still with the team? Not one of them good enough to make it past his rookie deal w us.

DJ Hayden, the guy Reggie famously would have picked at #3 overall if he hadn't been able to trade down, grades out as one of the worst CBs in the league. PFF rates him 30 points behind TJ Carrie in coverage in 2017. Hayden would have to take steroids to claw his way up to below average.

So here's a question for you: Do you guys believe a new coaching staff could get enough additional production from Reggie's guys to make us an average defense?

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby DeadRinger » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:15 am

For those who might think Vanderdoes is a bright spot for us, PFF graded him out at 56.5 last season. Just by way of comparison, Jelly Ellis graded at 76 in his rookie year, and 80.6 last season.

I'm not saying PFF stats and grades are the be-all. BUT, if you can't get above 70 overall you're probably not cut out to be an NFL player.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

PreviousNext

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum