Tremaine Edmunds Film Break Down

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Tremaine Edmunds Film Break Down

Postby PHXR8R » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:07 pm

The guy who broke down film on Conley and said he would fit the Raiders the best last year, says the same about Edmunds this year. Interesting break down and he’s pretty right on about Edmunds. For those interested.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.silver ... ne-edmunds

PHXR8R
First-Stringer
First-Stringer
Highscores: 0

Re: Tremaine Edmunds Film Break Down

Postby FreddieB25 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:52 pm

So what's up with Conley? Chronic shin splints can be a career buster. We need this kid to contribute at the corner spot. Reggie seems to only draft MASH unit mofo's instead of obvious value with a given pick. He trying to be slick like he knows something no other talent evaluator does and it has ruined most of his drafts.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby PHXR8R » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:52 pm

I hear shin splints can be a hell of an injury depending on the severity. A buddy of mine’s daughter had it real bad and turned into stress fractures and cost her a year of running track. I had them playing baseball in HS my sophomore year from our coach running us to death on the black top. Went away in 2 weeks. Conley didn’t have the condition when drafted, I guess it developed in OTA or camp. From the amount of time missed, I assume his turned into stress fractures which require longer healing. Just a guess, I don’t have any idea what the real deal is.

PHXR8R
First-Stringer
First-Stringer

Postby silver & black » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:19 pm

I don't know what's with him. He was a great player for my Buckeyes. He didn't have these issues in college. I was happy to get him... just not where Reggie took him.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby PHXR8R » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:46 pm

Actually he was grading out at top ten before the rape allegations. Some felt he was a better press choice her man than any DB coming out. If he turns out to be a player, we would have a steal. If he continues to stay on IR, it wouldn’t matter where he went in the first. Dude can play. Just need to see the field.

PHXR8R
First-Stringer
First-Stringer

Postby piratepride » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:45 am

I like to follow the draft every offseason, Conley would have been rated the best corner this year alsi. Its a shame he got injured with the mustery shin splint shit, but I'm hoping he's healed up.
In that one game he started in the outside ( jets game i think), he played like a natural. I see other teams corners make it look easy so often it gets frustrating. Outside of Namdi and Amerson, our corners never turned around and were afraid to take chances.
Conley made routine pass breakups look simple in that game. I thunk its his understanding of the game and all tjat quality coaching at Ohio state.
We need his ass in gear this year.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby PHXR8R » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:30 pm

That ain’t no shit. Dude has talent. Might not have even wanted to play for KNJ’s and Del Zero’s shit defensive scheme. Lord knows even as a rookie he knew that scheme and play calling was a pile of steaming crap.

PHXR8R
First-Stringer
First-Stringer

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:56 am

As far as Edmunds goes, I don't know that I fully buy into this guy's assessment. Yeah, he gets caught guessing sometimes. Everyone does. But to point to that and say his instincts are bad? Or that he's not a smart player? That's a stretch.

Consider that perhaps in those games he was specifically assigned to take away the other team's strength, possibly the inside run. Now things look a little different, don't they? And maybe they were bouncing things outside because he was crushing their interior, and that's what the fucking coaches wanted...

This "analyst has NO FUCKING IDEA what the kid's assignments were in those games - or on those specific plays.

Even if he has some issues, which of course he does, these are exactly the types of things college guys have to iron out in the pros. It's not like he's a spread QB who can't read defenses. He's a playmaker, and he's not exactly a raw guy, either.

Well worth our pick at 10. No doubt in my mind about this guy. Everyone else i see the mocks giving us at 10 tho? Doubts.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby PHXR8R » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:21 am

His issues are all coachable, and he’s 19. He’s not even physically mature yet and playing like a man. I’m fine with taking him at 10.

PHXR8R
First-Stringer
First-Stringer

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum