Raiders lose the coin toss, get to pick 10th

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Raiders lose the coin toss, get to pick 10th

Postby piratepride » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:04 pm

Not that it matters much, they'll be a shit ton of quality players within the 1st 20 or so picks IMO.
Depending on if Denver land Cousins, well have a chamce to trade down for whatever two QB's are left.
My updated top 10 mock.

1.Browns- they may take a QB here, but I think theyll settle for whoever's left at number 4. Instead they snatch up Saquan Barkley.

2.Giants- they need to draft a good QB to push Eli and take over sooner than later. The pick- Sam Darnold best QB in draft

3.Colts- Bradley Chubb -owner wanted Suquan bad, but they settle for the best edge rusher im the draft comparible to Khalil.

4.Browns- Josh Allen, thier dream scenario plays out perfectly, they get the guy they wanted all along, New OC likes the tall big arm qb's plus Darnold said he didnt want to go to Cleveland.

5.Denver- Quemton Nelson- if they Land cousins, they've got to protect better. Hell be theyll verison of Kelechi Osemele. If they dont get Cousins, my Alt pick is Baker Mayfield.

6.Jets- theyll nab whover is left of the qb' Rosen or Mayfield in that order.

7.Bucs- Minkah Fitzpatric- best player available, theyll get to pair him with CB Vernon Heargraves.

8.Bears- They keep building on defense and select Roquan Smith.

9- Niners- all my 49er friends say they need o line and secondry help, Ill go with Denzel Ward.

10- Raiders- LT Connor Williams- Gruden has been talking to all the top o lineman at the combine for a reason. He's aslo publicly expressed Newhouse's troubles on the right side last season. He can start on the right side until Penn leaves, which may be sooner than later.
My pick as mentionedin another thread woyld be Vita Vea! Big powerful man who is a wall versus the run, and beats double teams frequently. Jelly wont be re signed, Mario Edwards is a good rotational player ( when healthy). The rookie from UCLA tore hos ACL late last season...this is a position of need, Vita is ready to contribute and make an impact now!

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 0

Re: Raiders lose the coin toss, get to pick 10th

Postby piratepride » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:06 pm

What say you guys.....and Natalia lol?

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby FreddieB25 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:43 pm

I could see us trading up or back. We need help in various help at different positions.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby DeadRinger » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:50 pm

I fucking KNEW we'd lose the toss! Par for the fucking course for Raiders.

This could make the difference between Edmunds and Roquan.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby PHXR8R » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:36 am

We have a shitload of holes to fill, so it will be BPA. Hard to guess until the FA signings are done. The QB shuffle will impact what’s left for us in top 10 picks. If Mc Glinchey from ND is still there, no way we pass on him. Mayock grades him one or two best in this class. If he gets past DEN, he’ll be there at 10. Vea is projected at 15-20, we get him in a trade down. I don’t think we pull the trigger on him at 10. The OT from OU had a shit combine, may drop big time. Value pick if he drops past round 2.

PHXR8R
First-Stringer
First-Stringer

Postby piratepride » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:01 pm

I actually lile Mcglinchey. Im not so sure which LT is better at this point. I think Gruden opts for a valuable player ar a key position LT, DT, LB. Team is already rumored to go after a corner in free agency ( Trumaine Johnson/ Malcom Bulter) , my guess is rhey go DT, LT, or LB in that order.
Im hoping we get Malcom Butler and get Vita Vea, but Mcglinchey fills a major need also with Penn coming off injury. Im not sure how Phillip Rivers gets away with a trash O line year in and year out. Probably why he has so many interceptions.
If I recall correctly, Tom Cable was quoted some years ago saying anytime you can get a cadillac at the O line position you take him. I bet he'll be pounding the table for a LT come draft day.
IMO , Vita Vea would make an instant impact. If and when we make the playoffs hell come in handy big time. I think our offense will be decent enough to move the ball and put some points on the board with coach Gruden. Its about time we build an actual defense that can stop the run and give the ball back to Derek Carr and company.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby PHXR8R » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:02 am

Vea is definitely a prime candidate. He’s a huge plug in the middle that can get some penetration. He’s already tweaked his hammy in the 40. Hope that doesn’t linger. Once FA is over, we’ll have a better view of what the QB needs are going into the draft. It will determine how the top 5 will fall and which projected top 5 picks may be driven down to us. I agree the D lacks proven talent outside of Mack. We are wasting Mack’s prime years by not having players to help him. Irvin and Bowman are the next tier of talent, then the next 8 are average to garbage. Then again, Guenther may show us how bad KNJ and Del Rio were as defensive coaches? Pagano definitely showed improvement when he took over that D.

PHXR8R
First-Stringer
First-Stringer

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum