Let's talk about WR.

No Bullshit. Just Real Oakland Raiders Talk!

Re: Let's talk about WR.

Postby DeadRinger » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:19 am

FreddieB25 wrote:West coast offense that Gruden will employ should help Carr I believe. So hopefully Chuck's influence pays off.

As long as Chucky's ready to mix in the long ball more than once a month.

Last thing we need to do is waste that cannon Carr has. And if Coop's going to be showcased, the deep ball is a requirement.

But again, I think Gruden has learned a lot since he last coached. I think we're going to see a lot of things from him we never did before.
  • 0

Chucky’s back. Unfortunately, so is Reggie. And Olson. HOW do these people continue to survive their own abject failure??

User avatar
DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Reputation: 1100
Posts: 4262
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:41 pm
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Re: Let's talk about WR.

Postby PHXR8R » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:24 am

DeadRinger wrote:
FreddieB25 wrote:West coast offense that Gruden will employ should help Carr I believe. So hopefully Chuck's influence pays off.

As long as Chucky's ready to mix in the long ball more than once a month.

Last thing we need to do is waste that cannon Carr has. And if Coop's going to be showcased, the deep ball is a requirement.

But again, I think Gruden has learned a lot since he last coached. I think we're going to see a lot of things from him we never did before.


It’s a done deal. Gruden has already installed it the offense to give Carr more shots down field.

https://justblogbaby.com/2018/03/01/der ... sing-game/
  • 0


PHXR8R
First-Stringer
First-Stringer
Reputation: 40
Posts: 442
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:39 pm
Highscores: 0

Re: Let's talk about WR.

Postby DeadRinger » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:25 am

PHXR8R wrote:There are better options for that purpose. Brett Farvre is Carr’s hero. He’s in the HOF. David Carr is his flesh and blood and has prepared him to succeed more than anyone up to this point in his career. Gannon is going to mentor him in an unofficial capacity. Olson groomed him from day 1 and has his trust. Gruden is getting paid almost as much as he is and has hitched his wagon to Carr. None of them are Donks, and all except Favre are actually involved in doing it as we speak.

I'm gonna say this again because it's been a long time since I said it last.

Olson is a fucking sack of shit. He's a worthless OC who SOMEHOW continues to find work even though EVERYWHERE HE GOES his offenses SUCK. His teams LOSE. It's a fucking horrible mistake to bring that asshole back here.

So now people will say "yeah but he won't really be running the O, Chucky will..." Well, we all said the same fucking thing about Del Rio and Norton in regard to the D didn't we? Turned out to be a disaster.

So 1) don't try to tell me there's one single good thing about having Olson here ans 2) don't fucking say he doesn't matter.

Bookmark this fucking post right now. This was a terrible fucking decisions to bring this turd back in. JUST LIKE with Knapp. JUST FUCKING LIKE THAT.
  • 1

Chucky’s back. Unfortunately, so is Reggie. And Olson. HOW do these people continue to survive their own abject failure??

User avatar
DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Reputation: 1100
Posts: 4262
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:41 pm
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Re: Let's talk about WR.

Postby DeadRinger » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:37 am

FreddieB25 wrote:Elway going to 3 Super bowls in the 80's was an accomplishment on average Bronco teams

I agree.

Most people talk about Jim Kelly w reverence, he lost MORE SBs in the '80s than Elway and never won one

Elway was better than Favre. In fact, if you read down the prioritized list of DeadRinger's Most Important NFL QB Attributes (yes, that's right. The famous DRMINFLQBA, I'm sure you've all read RotoWorld's article about it), Elway wins the "Most Complete QB Ever" award.

Not Best QB. Most Complete. And that just goes to prove that you don't want your QB to have good rankings across all attributes, you want him to be very much top-heavy, having GREAT rankings in the top 4 or 5 most important ones. Like Brady.

And while it's debatable, it's not too difficult to make the argument that Elway is top-5 all-time. I used to have him at #3 all-time before the Brady/Manning/Brees/Rodgers era. Right now I'd say he's probably #6, but I could make the argument for that 5 spot.

Anytime you have to watch a guy like that fuck your team up year in and year out, you must respect. If you don't, you cheapen the game in general.
  • 0

Chucky’s back. Unfortunately, so is Reggie. And Olson. HOW do these people continue to survive their own abject failure??

User avatar
DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Reputation: 1100
Posts: 4262
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:41 pm
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Re: Let's talk about WR.

Postby PHXR8R » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:43 am

DeadRinger wrote:
PHXR8R wrote:There are better options for that purpose. Brett Farvre is Carr’s hero. He’s in the HOF. David Carr is his flesh and blood and has prepared him to succeed more than anyone up to this point in his career. Gannon is going to mentor him in an unofficial capacity. Olson groomed him from day 1 and has his trust. Gruden is getting paid almost as much as he is and has hitched his wagon to Carr. None of them are Donks, and all except Favre are actually involved in doing it as we speak.

I'm gonna say this again because it's been a long time since I said it last.

Olson is a fucking sack of shit. He's a worthless OC who SOMEHOW continues to find work even though EVERYWHERE HE GOES his offenses SUCK. His teams LOSE. It's a fucking horrible mistake to bring that asshole back here.

So now people will say "yeah but he won't really be running the O, Chucky will..." Well, we all said the same fucking thing about Del Rio and Norton in regard to the D didn't we? Turned out to be a disaster.

So 1) don't try to tell me there's one single good thing about having Olson here ans 2) don't fucking say he doesn't matter.

Bookmark this fucking post right now. This was a terrible fucking decisions to bring this turd back in. JUST LIKE with Knapp. JUST FUCKING LIKE THAT.


I screen shot this comment so we can evaluate it after the 18’ season. Del Zero is a shit DC. He held that D back in DEN and Wade Phillips got DEN a ring with it. Kobiak and Manning Baby sat while Wade dominated with that D. KNJ was stripped of play calling in the NO game in the 2nd half of his first game. Del Zero had a lot to do with calling games but kept it under cover and threw KNJ under the bus in my opinion.

Olson is a de facto QB coach and Gruden is the OC. Olson is baby sitting and Gruden is running the show. Which experienced OC would take the job knowing he’s not calling the plays. Up and coming talented OCs want a HC gig. It me not happening via being an OC with no play calling responsibilities. The O is all on Gruden. If he’s the guru of legend, that offense is legit. If he’s not, still better than last year.

1) Olson is neither good nor bad in his current position. He doesn’t have the authority to affect anything, and probably cheap and loyal.

2) He doesn’t matter unless he purposely sabotages the game plan, or sabotages in any way. Gruden has he headset, the QB room, and the plays. Olson has a clipboard and back up QB development.
  • 0


PHXR8R
First-Stringer
First-Stringer
Reputation: 40
Posts: 442
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:39 pm
Highscores: 0

Re: Let's talk about WR.

Postby DeadRinger » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:47 am

PHXR8R wrote:It’s a done deal. Gruden has already installed it the offense to give Carr more shots down field.

https://justblogbaby.com/2018/03/01/der ... sing-game/

If there's one thing I've learned over the years, it's the preseason talk is cheap.

Hell, in-season talk is cheap.

Show me on the field.
  • 0

Chucky’s back. Unfortunately, so is Reggie. And Olson. HOW do these people continue to survive their own abject failure??

User avatar
DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Reputation: 1100
Posts: 4262
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:41 pm
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Re: Let's talk about WR.

Postby DeadRinger » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:51 am

Jesus dude. I TOLD YOU not to say he doesn't matter, and you fucking said it anyway.

He doesn't HAVE to purposely sabotage the game plan. If he has anything to do with creating it or installing it, it is sabotaged by default.

I've done this before. i'm not going back to Olson's stats because they scream at you at a glance. And I'm not rehashing this "doesn't matter' bullshit because I JUST laid down a prime example of how that's not true.

IN FACT, based on our VERY recent experience with 1) bad coordinators ABSOLUTELY mattering and 2) the STUPIDITY of bringing back guys who SUCKED the first time around, I'd say this decision amounts to a monumental brain fart.
  • 0

Chucky’s back. Unfortunately, so is Reggie. And Olson. HOW do these people continue to survive their own abject failure??

User avatar
DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Reputation: 1100
Posts: 4262
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:41 pm
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Re: Let's talk about WR.

Postby PHXR8R » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:11 am

Oh my bad bro. Part of the rules of this place is I do what you tell me? Gotcha. I’m on it boss. Your posts getting a little long there bro. They told me no long posts here either.

1) Gruden’s playbook, Gruden’s players, Gruden’s calling plays, Gruden’s team.
2) Olson develops back ups and runs practices under Gruden’s direction.
3) Olson doesn’t impact game day or W/L unless he doesn’t develop and prepare back ups.
  • 0


PHXR8R
First-Stringer
First-Stringer
Reputation: 40
Posts: 442
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:39 pm
Highscores: 0

Re: Let's talk about WR.

Postby PHXR8R » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:24 am

DeadRinger wrote:
FreddieB25 wrote:Elway going to 3 Super bowls in the 80's was an accomplishment on average Bronco teams

I agree.

Most people talk about Jim Kelly w reverence, he lost MORE SBs in the '80s than Elway and never won one

Elway was better than Favre. In fact, if you read down the prioritized list of DeadRinger's Most Important NFL QB Attributes (yes, that's right. The famous DRMINFLQBA, I'm sure you've all read RotoWorld's article about it), Elway wins the "Most Complete QB Ever" award.

Not Best QB. Most Complete. And that just goes to prove that you don't want your QB to have good rankings across all attributes, you want him to be very much top-heavy, having GREAT rankings in the top 4 or 5 most important ones. Like Brady.

And while it's debatable, it's not too difficult to make the argument that Elway is top-5 all-time. I used to have him at #3 all-time before the Brady/Manning/Brees/Rodgers era. Right now I'd say he's probably #6, but I could make the argument for that 5 spot.

Anytime you have to watch a guy like that fuck your team up year in and year out, you must respect. If you don't, you cheapen the game in general.


1) Elway is 13-15 life time against the RAIDERS. I guess that’s fucking us up year in and year out.
2) Elway is 2-3 in SBs all time. Plunkett is 2-0.
3) Elway got 2 rings with Terrel Davis being the main factor. Elway’s wing SB teams were loaded because the owner cheated the salary cap and paid them under the table.
4) Elway is a HOF QB but hasn’t developed or drafted one QB in his career.

But don’t let the facts “cheapen” the worship of Elway. RAIDER fan much?
  • 0


PHXR8R
First-Stringer
First-Stringer
Reputation: 40
Posts: 442
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:39 pm
Highscores: 0

Re: Let's talk about WR.

Postby PHXR8R » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:32 am

DeadRinger wrote:
PHXR8R wrote:It’s a done deal. Gruden has already installed it the offense to give Carr more shots down field.

https://justblogbaby.com/2018/03/01/der ... sing-game/

If there's one thing I've learned over the years, it's the preseason talk is cheap.

Hell, in-season talk is cheap.

Show me on the field.


So why talk about it at all? Season hasn’t started and you’re already talking bout he better throw deep. He says will. Seems like he’s at least as smart as you are. You should be pleased he’s doing what you told him.
  • 0


PHXR8R
First-Stringer
First-Stringer
Reputation: 40
Posts: 442
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:39 pm
Highscores: 0

PreviousNext

Return to Oakland Raiders Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 23 guests

cron