Let's talk about WR.

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Re: Let's talk about WR.

Postby FreddieB25 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:56 am

Facts? I didn't have time to read that bible siz3d rant! Iburned toast and had to squirt a log on the throne, ya know I'm busy brah.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Highscores: 0

Postby PHXR8R » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:32 pm

FreddieB25 wrote:Facts? I didn't have time to read that bible siz3d rant! Iburned toast and had to squirt a log on the throne, ya know I'm busy brah.

Yeah, I get it. You have problems with making toast. I can’t expect you to read more than a sentence or two. Hopefully you had better success with taking a dump than you did with making toast or responding intelligently in an intellectual debate. There’s shit coming out your mouth and you’re talking out your ass. Name one QB Elway has “mentor’d” since you think he’d be a great mentor for Carr. Try to respond without homo, dick, impersonation, troll, accusations. Just the names will do. I’ll wait.

PHXR8R
First-Stringer
First-Stringer

Postby FreddieB25 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:39 pm

I meant Elway would be a mentor for Carr in regards to Carr having a career like Elway not literally being mentored by Elway.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby FreddieB25 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:44 pm

West coast offense that Gruden will employ should help Carr I believe. So hopefully Chuck's influence pays off.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby PHXR8R » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:56 pm

FreddieB25 wrote:I meant Elway would be a mentor for Carr in regards to Carr having a career like Elway not literally being mentored by Elway.

I’d be all for that if he has a track record of doing that for QBs. Who has he been able to do that with up to this point in his career? Jay Cutler, Brock Osweiler, Paxton Lynch, Trevor Semien? Those guys are on their way to 2 rings and a HOF jacket right?

PHXR8R
First-Stringer
First-Stringer

Postby PHXR8R » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:02 pm

FreddieB25 wrote:West coast offense that Gruden will employ should help Carr I believe. So hopefully Chuck's influence pays off.

Now that makes sense bro. Carr does well in an up tempo spread offense, and he has the brains and physical skill set to run Gruden’s scheme. Chucky is considered a top offensive mind, and he knows how to put QBs in a position to succeed. He has a record of doing so with Rich Gannon and Jeff Garcia. This is an opinion you have that can be validated with facts. I’ll give you credit where credit is due.

PHXR8R
First-Stringer
First-Stringer

Postby FreddieB25 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:03 pm

I just stated not mentoring per se but Elway being a template for a successful NFL QB career that any QB would aspire to.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby FreddieB25 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:08 pm

Cutler, Lynch Simien and Osweiller are all trash. Elway's GM tenure was saved by getting Manning the first couple years and mostly the Bronco defense. I just hope he doesn't get Cousins as he would fix a glaring hole on Denver.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby PHXR8R » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:18 pm

There are better options for that purpose. Brett Farvre is Carr’s hero. He’s in the HOF. David Carr is his flesh and blood and has prepared him to succeed more than anyone up to this point in his career. Gannon is going to mentor him in an unofficial capacity. Olson groomed him from day 1 and has his trust. Gruden is getting paid almost as much as he is and has hitched his wagon to Carr. None of them are Donks, and all except Favre are actually involved in doing it as we speak.

PHXR8R
First-Stringer
First-Stringer

Postby PHXR8R » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:24 pm

FreddieB25 wrote:Cutler, Lynch Simien and Osweiller are all trash. Elway's GM tenure was saved by getting Manning the first couple years and mostly the Bronco defense. I just hope he doesn't get Cousins as he would fix a glaring hole on Denver.

If he’s smart, he’d build that Oline up. They can grab that OT from ND and make a drastic difference. That I would be concerned about. I don’t think they can outbid NYJ for Cousins. Cousins is already on the east coast, and he will be competing against a 41 year old Brady, a rookie in BUF most likely, a rookie in MIA most likely. Best scenario for him is the Jets in my opinion.

PHXR8R
First-Stringer
First-Stringer

PreviousNext

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum